2016 August casual chit chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 August casual chit chat

August already. Wow. Time is flying by. Pretty soon we'll be talking about cold and snow. And ... Christmas!!

We finally got some much needed rain. It was just a smattering but a smattering is better than nothing. The plants are happy. When there's a drought you don't have to worry about cutting the grass .. and there are less bugs. I guess I picked a good year to not plant a lot of flowers.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

I just learned that my former boss at my old job that I left before I moved here has stage 4 lung cancer, she wasn't even a smoker. Her mother had the same thing so it appears to be genetic. It had even spread to her brain.

She had sent me an email for my birthday and I told her thanks and asked if she had filled my old position yet, when she told me. Pretty sad birthday present. :-(
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

We went from hot & humid to rainy and cool which is a relief at least i can turn the ac's off for awhile,as i see it winter will be here as our leaves start falling towards the end of August which means here comes apple picking,applecider and pumpkin everything.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that, PC.
        Mark
        Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

So sorry PC as cancer is such an awful thing,i lost my mom,my godmother-Aunt my moms sister and my grandmother to it as well as many dear friends,once a year i have to be tested thank god so far i'm doing good.It's been raining here actually thunderstorms rolling through what downpours and cool and breezy.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your old boss having cancer. My older sister's best friend just found out that she has cancer and they are starting treatment this week. She has enough medical problems already and now finding out about this really makes her year! Doctors think that they've caught it in time and hope the treatment they are giving her will take care of it though!

PS....that family reunion I talked about earlier, ended up not going! My wife's brother and his wife got into some kind of argument over who was going to bring the my wife's mom to the reunion, and long story short......she got pissed off at her brother and so we ended up not going! I can't tell you how said I was to here that she didn't want to go.....NOT!
            Last edited by Falasben; 08-02-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

It just seems like cancer touches every ones life.

Comment

Well,it's happening again this year our leaves are turning color and it's only August,everytime this happens we get a cold and snowy winter and an early one,well,already pretty stocked with wood for the woodstove and have restocked the house as we here know to get things done early.Click image for larger version

Name:	ATT3.gif
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	151536

Comment

Even though I am not a fan of this hot weather we have been having, it is too early to think about snow. Although I do need to get started on some new decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by sleighbell View Post
                    Well,it's happening again this year our leaves are turning color and it's only August,everytime this happens we get a cold and snowy winter and an early one,well,already pretty stocked with wood for the woodstove and have restocked the house as we here know to get things done early.
                    Same here Sleighbell. Some trees are already bare and it's not from the gypsy moth catapillers. (? did I spell that right?) Other trees are turning colors. One of my neighbors trees turned yellow on Friday. So much for the foliage this fall.

I hope you're wrong about the cold/snowy winter. Though after how warm and wet it was last Christmas it would be nice to have some snow on the ground for this Christmas.

Oh and you're right. Pumpkin EVERYTHING. Seems like every year there is more pumpkin this and pumpkin that.

PC .. sorry to hear about your former boss.
                    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Pre-season football starts this weekend. I'm not ready for football season. I want to keep enjoying summer!

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to the Olympics for the next couple of weeks.
                      Mark
                      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Leaves are turning and alot falling and i just got my pumpkin pie spice creamer already starting to see fall in alot of stores/shops around here,which is nice as i love fall.Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodMorningPumpkins-vi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	151537

Comment

Doesn't matter what the temp is here, every day same thing....heat index of 105. Humidity is horrid. It has been raining which makes it worse.

I can't believe leaves are falling already at many of your areas

Comment

We here know the signs for an early winter so everyone here get prepared early,homes are set everything is done as we know what our winter brings.

Comment

When I was in Seattle, the leaves on some trees would start to turn in August. I don't think it was because of any cold, or shortening days, I think it was just because of the dryness, since summer is the dry season around there.
                              Nutcracker fetishist.
                              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 806 users online. 2 members and 804 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X