PC's "I gotta move to a snowier locale" ranting thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
    I am now certain I picked the right city, because I just learned the Kansas City Royals have a "Christmas Eve in July" day:
    http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/...as_in_july.jsp
    It's that day today! They just showed someone with a Santa hat in the stands!

But I didn't go to the game. Not in the mood. Just watching it on TV.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
      Several months ago I posted the Christmas Time in Kansas City video I made over the Holidays.

I had so much fun making it I decided I'd also make one for spring, summer and fall. I just finished the spring one today (been working on it since March). Here it is! It's 19-1/2 minutes, so grab a cup of coffee before you watch this one. It's almost a mini-movie!

First part (about 2-1/2 minutes) is an introductory and Easter segment
      Second part is a segment showing spring-y looking scenes in early April, a little over 2 minutes. Set to some music I sang waaay back in high school choir and which I remembered all these years.
      Third part is about five minutes - a visit to the zoo! The scene with the lions (this one particular lion, to be precise) is the best.
      Last part is almost 10 minutes long and is a tour of downtown Kansas City, set to Beethoven's "Spring" violin sonata.

Update! I have made 2 more videos, if anyone is bored and has some time to kill.

In addition to the Christmas and spring videos above, I've made a summer and autumn one as well.

Last edited by Perpetual_Christmas; 02-03-2017, 11:04 PM.
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• And BTW, my first two winters here have been disappointing snow-wise! So far this winter we've had 4 days of snow totaling 4 inches. I think my old home in Everett might even be doing better this winter.

That said, it looks like my timing is just bad. KC gets snowfall totals of 20+ inches every few years, which basically NEVER happens around Seattle.

Last edited by Perpetual_Christmas; 02-04-2017, 10:59 AM.
        Nutcracker fetishist.
        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• So you cursed them into getting little snow.
          Mark
          Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

• I can tell I've gotten acclimated to the summers here because I now consider highs in the low 80's to be cool weather.
            Nutcracker fetishist.
            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2119 users online. 12 members and 2107 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
            X