PC's "I gotta move to a snowier locale" ranting thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
    I am now certain I picked the right city, because I just learned the Kansas City Royals have a "Christmas Eve in July" day:
    http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/...as_in_july.jsp
    It's that day today! They just showed someone with a Santa hat in the stands!

But I didn't go to the game. Not in the mood. Just watching it on TV.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
      Several months ago I posted the Christmas Time in Kansas City video I made over the Holidays.

I had so much fun making it I decided I'd also make one for spring, summer and fall. I just finished the spring one today (been working on it since March). Here it is! It's 19-1/2 minutes, so grab a cup of coffee before you watch this one. It's almost a mini-movie!

First part (about 2-1/2 minutes) is an introductory and Easter segment
      Second part is a segment showing spring-y looking scenes in early April, a little over 2 minutes. Set to some music I sang waaay back in high school choir and which I remembered all these years.
      Third part is about five minutes - a visit to the zoo! The scene with the lions (this one particular lion, to be precise) is the best.
      Last part is almost 10 minutes long and is a tour of downtown Kansas City, set to Beethoven's "Spring" violin sonata.

Update! I have made 2 more videos, if anyone is bored and has some time to kill.

In addition to the Christmas and spring videos above, I've made a summer and autumn one as well.

Last edited by Perpetual_Christmas; 02-03-2017, 11:04 PM.
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• And BTW, my first two winters here have been disappointing snow-wise! So far this winter we've had 4 days of snow totaling 4 inches. I think my old home in Everett might even be doing better this winter.

That said, it looks like my timing is just bad. KC gets snowfall totals of 20+ inches every few years, which basically NEVER happens around Seattle.

Last edited by Perpetual_Christmas; 02-04-2017, 10:59 AM.
        Nutcracker fetishist.
        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• So you cursed them into getting little snow.
          Mark
          Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1209 users online. 6 members and 1203 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
          X