PC's "I gotta move to a snowier locale" ranting thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got offered the job!!!!!

And what makes it really exciting is, they offered me almost $6/hour above what the starting pay was supposed to be! I'll still be making less than both my last job and the job I had in Everett, but not by a huge amount.

So needless to say I accepted it.

Woohoo!

Now if we could just get some snow around here ...
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Congratulations on the new job.

Comment

PC Congratulations. That is such good news. It's good not to worry about living on unemployment checks. Really good that it will be a fun job.

That last storm dumped 11.5" on us and I was sure it was headed your way. Too bad it turned North one more time. You are welcome to drop by and pick up some of what is in the yard. We're going to need a couple of months with 90+ degree days to melt all of this.

A Well Done to you PC.

Cheers,
        Terry

Comment

Thanks strrchristmas, but I have a feeling by the time I got home, it would melt in my car.
          Nutcracker fetishist.
          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

PC, I think we should try. You never know what you can do until you try. If you turn on the AC full blast, I'm sure it would stay cold enough. Maybe drive at night with the windows open. Yea, that's the ticket. You'll have to hurry, you start work on Monday!!!

Terry

Comment

Huge congrats on the new job!
              Mark
              Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Congratulations PC!!!
                Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                  Nutcracker fetishist.
                  Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

So PC. How much snow did you get this winter?
                    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

• I am now certain I picked the right city, because I just learned the Kansas City Royals have a "Christmas Eve in July" day:
                      http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/...as_in_july.jsp
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                        So PC. How much snow did you get this winter?
                        Sorry for the late reply. Not much, about 3-4 inches in total.

Still, that beats what I would have gotten had I stayed in the Seattle area, which got I think one or two events when it flurried but didn't stick.
                        Nutcracker fetishist.
                        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• You will have to get there early and get the snow globe.

Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
                          I am now certain I picked the right city, because I just learned the Kansas City Royals have a "Christmas Eve in July" day:
                          http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/...as_in_july.jsp

Comment

• Several months ago I posted the Christmas Time in Kansas City video I made over the Holidays.

I had so much fun making it I decided I'd also make one for spring, summer and fall. I just finished the spring one today (been working on it since March). Here it is! It's 19-1/2 minutes, so grab a cup of coffee before you watch this one. It's almost a mini-movie!

First part (about 2-1/2 minutes) is an introductory and Easter segment
                            Second part is a segment showing spring-y looking scenes in early April, a little over 2 minutes. Set to some music I sang waaay back in high school choir and which I remembered all these years.
                            Third part is about five minutes - a visit to the zoo! The scene with the lions (this one particular lion, to be precise) is the best.
                            Last part is almost 10 minutes long and is a tour of downtown Kansas City, set to Beethoven's "Spring" violin sonata.

Nutcracker fetishist.
                            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Good job. Always nice to see other places.

Comment

• Thanks!!!!!
                                Nutcracker fetishist.
                                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1524 users online. 2 members and 1522 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X