PC's "I gotta move to a snowier locale" ranting thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather maps show that you may finally get some snow.

Comment

We got about a half-inch yesterday. Looks nice and all that, but the amounts were disappointing.

That said, even this "disappointing" snow so far here beats the heck out of what I would have gotten had I stayed in Everett.
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Too bad I can't give you some of the 24 inches that are forecast for my area of Virginia this Friday & Saturday. That system is passing right by you but doesn't have the moisture yet. It won't pick that up until it hits the Atlantic and then wraps around into a Nor easter. Be patient your snow will come.

Comment

^
          Yeah I'm watching the radar as I write this. Another disappointing one that's fizzling out just as it gets near KC. Might get a band or two of light stuff overnight, I hope. Snowing pretty hard in north-central Kansas and south-central Nebraska, though.

Looks like you're gonna get hammered!
          Nutcracker fetishist.
          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Funny how the radar looks so innocent right now and yet there are blizzard watches up in the DC area.

I would not complain if the big storm went out to sea and missed us completely. Or maybe we could send it to PC.
            Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

It's snowing now, and at least as of last night, it wasn't supposed to be snowing now! I think the snow I'm getting now was supposed to fall overnight. Better late than never!

Doesn't look like it'll amount to much, however.
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Anyway, in spite of getting laid off, and in spite of the disappointing snow (for local standards) so far, this move has been a raving success. There's no way I'd be getting nice wintery weather like I'm getting had I stayed in the Seattle area. Too bad December was such as disappointment, but as they say, there's always next year.
                Last edited by Perpetual_Christmas; 01-21-2016, 12:06 PM.
                Nutcracker fetishist.
                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Attitude is everything. Glad to see you are still in good spirits. Hang in there.

Comment

PC Looks like you should be getting some snow on Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Yeah been watching that. Got my fingers crossed!

Actually, I'm not quite sure I want it - at least not then. On Wednesday I've got a follow-up interview for the interview I had last week. Snow would arrive Tuesday. If it's snowy enough I'm not sure I want to drive to downtown KC in the snow ... though I'm sure if it's bad enough they'll agree to re-schedule it.

Found out today I didn't get either of the 2 jobs for the first interview I had. Oh well. It's looking like the one I've got the interview for next week is probably in the bag (maybe). While it would be a great job and is pretty much exactly what I want to do, the pay kinda sucks.

Lastly, an employment agency I had contacted the day I got laid off told me today they're still awaiting word from their client about several positions they need to fill.

So, something will come up soon enough.
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

PC, I wish you the best of luck. We're looking at that storm for Monday. Maybe it'll wind down between Denver and KC.

There's a lot to be said about being happy at work, doing what you like to do. Even though the pay isn't what you would like, at least you'll enjoy the work. There are a whole lot of people who can not say that.

Keep up the good attitude and I'll see if we can keep some of that snow.

Terry

Comment

Good luck on the follow up interview.

Comment

Thanks.

To give you an idea about the pay of the job, I figured out today I'd be making a little more money from my unemployment than from the job I've got the interview for Wednesday! If I don't get it I think I might not even care that much. Which is a pity because the job is good otherwise.
                            Nutcracker fetishist.
                            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Looks like the snow that was forecast here just a couple days ago is going to *just* miss Kansas City again. Unless the storm takes a last-minute turn to the south, it looks like this is going to be about the 4th time so far this winter a snow storm will just miss us to the north. Omaha is getting plenty of snow this winter, but so far around me we've had 2-3 inches. Just supposed to be rain around KC.

Nutcracker fetishist.
                              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

You're time will come PC. Hopefully real soon.
                                Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1086 users online. 5 members and 1081 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X