PC's "I gotta move to a snowier locale" ranting thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got back from Kansas City today!

Long story short, it's fascinating going to a city that's quite different from the one you're used to. Anyway I plan on going ahead with the move - hopefully by the fall. I got there Sunday ... at one point on Monday afternoon I was starting to wonder if I was crazy and should give up the whole idea. But as I saw more of the place I quickly started to change my mind, and by Friday I had gotten to the point where I didn't want to leave!

The only bummer is that I was hoping to find a fixer-upper that met certain criteria I had that I could buy for really cheap, but couldn't find what I was looking for. So I'm probably going to have to rent. I'll have to make another trip there probably in a couple months or so, maybe sooner, depending.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I'm glad to hear you had a good trip. Too bad you couldn't find a place that met your criteria. Maybe next trip you will.
      Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Just sold my house - got an offer on the first (full) day it was on the market! Got the amount I asked for, but also was asked to pay buyer's closing costs, so in reality it's $4K less than what I asked for. Not super-thrilled, but good enough. Will be headed back to Kansas City on Thursday to find a place to live. This, alas, ushers in the really stressful part - as if prepping my house for sale the past couple months hasn't been stressful enough!

Moving long distance ... with a cat who is going to freak out ... fun. Not! Can't wait till it's all over and done with. I hope I get a white Christmas as a reward!
        Nutcracker fetishist.
        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Congratulations, Perpetual ! I'm happy for you.

I hope the move goes smoothly and that everything works out fantastically!

Comment

Congrats on selling you home! Good luck in KC with finding a new place to live. Hope you like BBQ, cause your right in the heart of cattle country or used to be many years ago! But I've heard and seen on Food Network about the great places to eat there and of course BBQ!

And I don't think you'll have to worry about snow in those parts of the country. If you've watched any NFL Football games there they usually get a good snowfall or two during the late fall and early winter! Have a safe trip!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Looks like my move is going to be mid-late September, though I'll find out for sure by the middle of next week. So it's starting to get to really hairy crunch time!
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Oh, and BTW ... on Friday morning when I get there I have a meeting with a potential employer. A technical staffing company is hiring people in my field "like crazy" according to a woman at that company I spoke to. It's not an interview, per se, but hopefully it'll lead to something quick. Cross your fingers!
                Nutcracker fetishist.
                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Congrats P.C.
                  I'm so glad to hear that everything is falling into place !!!

I hope packing up and moving go smoothly. And I hope kitty doesn't freak out during the move.
                  Good luck with the meeting with the potential employer. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. Heck I'll even cross my eyes if that helps.

I hope you get rewarded with a white Christmas.
                  Heck .. last year we had a white Thanksgiving and a GREEN Christmas. Then we got nailed in the new year with record breaking snow. Ugh. I can do with a less snowy winter this time, that's for sure. So hopefully you will get it all. hee hee hee
                  Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Wishing the best for you in your next adventures in life.

Comment

"Good Luck" on the possible job interview on Friday!

Comment

This is going to be just down the street from me!

Nutcracker fetishist.
                        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

That should definitely get you in the Christmas spirit.

Comment

Have a phone interview for a job somewhere on the Kansas side on Monday. Wish me luck!
                            Nutcracker fetishist.
                            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
                              Have a phone interview for a job somewhere on the Kansas side on Monday. Wish me luck!
                              Good Luck PC. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Good luck. Hope the interview goes well.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1525 users online. 2 members and 1523 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X