2014 August weekly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 August weekly

Welcome to August everyone! Christmas is just around the bend!
    There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Good morning Putrid.
    https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!!
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

wow, August already!! LOL!
        " time keeps on ticking ticking,ticking, into the future".......

I know I have not posted much, I come and read, but don't post. I do not wish to be a debbie downer, so just keep to my self.. hope every one is well,,and having a good summer, I can't believe so much of it is gone,
        my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

Merry Christmas Perpetual Christmas!

Well good morning to you Bethene! Doing fine. Post more! Great to hear from ya! Now i got that song in my head..... LOL

The Kansas City Cigar box fest is coming up in a few weeks. Getting a new song down for that one. They're going to have an open mic. But only for 15 minutes. ??? In reality that's enough time for three people to perform. Brining some equipment and hoping for the best. I know of four people besides myself that want to perform. More than sure there'll be folks from around Kansas City that want to perform too. In all honesty if I don't get a chance to play I'll be upset. But not down and out. Way to many other musicians there. I'll be to busy talking and listening to music to be to bummed! I wont be the only one feeling this time squeeze. They have 11 bands and performers playing. Each with a twenty minute set. No setup times between sets. One set ends at 5:20. The next set STARTS at 5:20. This leaves no time to set up or take down. It's great they can get that many underground acts to one event. With this time cram they might get in four songs each. And only if there's no problems swapping out equipment. I really hope they have two stages. That's the only way I can see everything running smooth. Plan on taking plenty of vids and pictures. Hoping to meet a lot of fellow musicians!
          There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Ha ha .. now I have that song in my head too.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
            Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I forgot it was the BC Day long weekend. I would have gone to work today if I hadn't happened to hear the newslady say to "enjoy your long weekend" when I was flicking through the tv channels. *shivers* Would hate to be at work if I didn't need to be.

Booked a plane ticket last night. I only work for two days and then I am off to Vancouver for my nephew's wedding. I will get to meet my new great niece who was born in June and a great nephew I haven't met yet and everytime I go to Vancouver he is staying with his mother so I am hoping to meet him this time. I think he will be starting school in Sept so fingers crossed.

Marie
              https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Originally posted by bethene View Post
                wow, August already!! LOL!
                " time keeps on ticking ticking,ticking, into the future".......

I know I have not posted much, I come and read, but don't post. I do not wish to be a debbie downer, so just keep to my self.. hope every one is well,,and having a good summer, I can't believe so much of it is gone,
                That song was already going through my head, and you had to say it... Gee, now I have to youtube it. LOL Thanks Beth!
                World's Best Manager

Comment

Double post.... tuff

JEEPERS! What else can go wrong at work? Let me tell you!

One of our video games in the arcade got broken into on Sunday. Hasn't happened for a long time. These things can hold a LOT of MONEY! (this one got hit for $175 in quarters if anyone is interested) Yep, a screwdriver will get you $175 in quarters!

The guy who (and we have 12 cameras in the arcade.....) took the money was the SAME EXACT GUY who went to jail/prison before, back in November of 2012 for stealing money from the arcade games.... I guess he just got out of jail! LOL I would post a picture of him on his probably stolen moped, but photobucket isn't working right now. sorry.

So I filed a police report about the "Burglary" and I get a call from the cops today asking for pictures or video. I drove down to the police station with both. I had to file another report, and I watched the officer update the information with the pictures and video.... I am very good with facial expressions on my own, but I have never seen anyone near as good as me! This officer was GOOD! I could almost read his mind, "what is this idiot thinking????" LOL

We are waiting for him to show up again, which he will. But, I think NLVPD will show up at the place he is staying and arrest him before he can get on his moped and "try his luck" again. That's how good these pics and video are! It's Vegas Baby! (when I take my photo for my drivers license, I cannot have my glasses on, even though it is required by law that I wear them while driving) Facial recognition software. Get used to it.
                  World's Best Manager

Comment

I suppose it's a case of "dumb crooks," but since this guy got caught stealing from your machine before, wouldn't he, like, realize he's being videotaped and everyone will recognize him again? LOL!

A lot of crooks like that are drug addicts who can't think straight anyway.
                    Nutcracker fetishist.
                    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
                      That song was already going through my head, and you had to say it... Gee, now I have to youtube it. LOL Thanks Beth!
                      Yeah I had this song going through my head all day too!
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Seems we have a new member in our group! His name is Pine and it's almost like I already know the guy.

Too bad he can't join the North Pole club for a while.... ROFL!

Well, I have gone (almost) completely LED in my house. Almost all of my lights in my house are LED lights. The rest (5 of them) are CFL. 3 in my bathroom, those big round bulbs above my mirror are CFL. I also have 2 under cabinet tube CFL lights in my kitchen. It wasn't cheap, but I found some deals at Home Depot via a subsidy from the electric company. So far I really like the LED bulbs. They are brighter than the CFL's I had been using, and use a bit less energy. I have yet to see it in my electric bill, but it being summer and the AC is constantly running, I doubt I will notice until late fall. I used to be really picky about leaving a light on in a room that wasn't being used, but when the electricity is less than a night light bulb, I guess it's not that big of deal. That, and since everyone is using less electricity, they just raise the rates anyway because people are using less electricity.... Go figure. Save more to spend more, huh? LOL

I have been planning my trip (no, I still haven't gone) and I found that it won't be more miles if I go off the trodden path and drive through Zion National Park. I google mapped it, and funny thing is, the road I plan to take just sort of disappears for about a mile. Find out it is because you can't see the road from space, it goes through a tunnel through a mountain! I LOVE tunnels! Especially tunnels through mountains! LOL

I am not a fan of driving through the mountains since it is a pain to drive up steep slopes, but then again, I haven't driven my car up a mountain yet. I bet I might like it a bit more than driving my little stick shift v6 ford ranger truck up a mountain. And the views will be amazing!!! I am timing this all out (down to the app on my phone that tells me where every gas station is, and the price of gas). I have enough saved up so that I can use my other app that will tell me where the cheapest hotel room is!

I don't get hotel rooms. Why are they so expensive? I pay my mortgage, and it costs me about $25 a day to live here, not including the extras like electric and such. Why would I want to spend upwards of $100 to merely sleep in a bed that is not my own. I mean, that's all a hotel is for, right? Sleeping? Call me cheap, but I never got the "let's stay in a hotel" thing. I guess I am so cheap I would rather sleep in my car... Maybe that's just me. Well, I have enough money saved up to do it, so I guess I will. It is vacation after all. (thinking about it, I guess it's about the adventure more so than being cheap). I plan to eat at the greasiest spoons I can on my journey, and if I just ate and find a better greasy spoon? Well I will probably eat there too.

My oldest sister called me last night telling me she was going to a Motley Crue concert in Sioux City Iowa. I used to live there. She was pretty drunk already when she called me, but that's cool because she is the only person that I have ever met that could drink me under the table! (ha ha) I plan on expanding on that by the way.... She asked me how fast I was going to get out there (South Dakota), and I said I was going to take my time. (I don't have a lead foot). She also told me to stop in Colorado to pick up some Brownies! Ha Ha. She couldn't' understand why I would take my time, she figured I would be racing out there "since I could since I drive a cop car". LOL I just may. Once I hit Nebraska? Pedal to the Metal, Heel to the Steel! (the heel to the steel thing is a Dukes of Hazzard joke by the way). Once you hit Nebraska, Just get there already! BORING!

Alright, I think I have said enough for tonight. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings!

Eat More Popcorn
                        Last edited by theedwin; 08-08-2014, 04:39 AM. Reason: Didn't want to double post again
                        World's Best Manager

Comment

It's August, and for those who missed it, football is BACK!
                          The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

I always have "Soft Kitty" stuck in my head (from Big Bang Theory). I literally sing it all day while I am working around the house and sometimes while I am trying to go to sleep. I guess I am a little pathetic and will probably never actually grow out of being a child at heart. But it is such an adorable song, especially when someone is singing it to Sheldon who is such a big baby.

Go Gators!!!

Meow.

Comment

There's nothing pathetic about being a child at heart just Whisper. It's a virtue pathetic people loose.

Wow Theedwin. Bummer about the damage. It should be really easy to find the guy there. Hope things settle down for ya at work.

YES FOOTBALL!!! And soon cold comfortable weather!

Got a phone call from my mom yesterday. She was really upset. Her and my brother had a spat. She's finally throwing him out. Gave him 30 days to find someone else to mooch off of. She's giving him over 10 years to find a job. ANY JOB. He knows he's not welcome here. Won't have someone in the house I don't trust. He at least had some respect for mom. Got no respect for me.

Got a message from the promoter of the Kansas City Cigar box fest. Told me they've lost two performers. This will leave more room for the open mic! I would LOVE to volunteer to do a set. But don't have four originals I'm comfortable enough with to play. Spent three weeks now on the lyrics of one song alone. Still don't have a tittle for it. LOL Can't sit down and whack a song out in a few minutes like some folks I know. Fuss over everything. How and when a word is sung. How each word interplay's with the guitar behind it. Trying to toss in different timing of phrases in verses so it's not the same thing over and over. Fuss over all the small details. Honestly though, if I can get this new song down I'll do three originals and sing 'America the Beautiful' just to get on stage! Or 'John the Revelator' by Son House. That one is sung without any music at all. Be really cool to open up with a way to show off my singing only. Hmmmmmm i'm liking this. Have to see how it goes.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 969 users online. 1 members and 968 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X