2013 November weekly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 November weekly

Happy November everyone. Guess it's safe to say we are officially in the Christmas season now. Simply the best time of the year.
    I hope everyone had a good Halloween.

I am taking today and Monday off so I get a 4-day weekend. Yippee !!!!
    I am going to put up my outdoor lights this weekend .. though I won't turn them on until later in the month. But I'd rather put them up now before the cold & snow gets here. Of course there are still plenty of outdoor chores to do as well .. again .. before the snow gets here. So let's just say it won't be a quiet and relaxing weekend.

Hallmark channel's Christmas movies start tonight. Gotta love it !!!

I hope everyone has a good day and a GREAT weekend.
    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Thursday was extremely stressful. See the Halloween thread for details. But overall the haunt was a huge success. I awoke this morning to a massive disaster area formerly known as my living room and kitchen. It will take me about 3 weeks to get the Halloween display all put away.

It has been very warm until today since it was rainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
      Thursday was extremely stressful. See the Halloween thread for details. But overall the haunt was a huge success. I awoke this morning to a massive disaster area formerly known as my living room and kitchen. It will take me about 3 weeks to get the Halloween display all put away.

It has been very warm until today since it was rainy.
      You know.....it always works out that way. It's that way with me as well, just when you think you're ahead of the game there is always a missing piece that you have to find. I truly understand what you went through, you become the Jack of all Trades and the master repair person. Even though you designed and built your haunt, there is never enough time to fully enjoy it on Halloween night. Over all it sounds like you had a great turnout and everyone who came I'm sure had lots of fun.

The real question is......What will you next year to top this year?

Comment

Well took yesterday off started putting Halloween stuff away then I would take breaks to hang Christmas lights lol...
        Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

All I am doing is sorting and organizing and putting away Halloween decorations. Hubby even had to make dinner last night, which is fine because he used to always make dinner when I was working full-time.

I keep thinking I should be out at the after-Halloween sales, but I really have no more space and not much desire to add to my mess right now, LOL.

JW, thanks for saying it will take 3 weeks to get everything put away. I think I am putting too much pressure on myself right now.

Comment

Just a reminder for everyone......Remember to "Turn Your Clocks Back One Hour Tonight" as we go back (Fall Back) to Standard Time! Some of you may live in states that don't recognize or change your times but for those who do....don't forget!

I kind of wish the government hadn't changed the standard time a couple of years ago. It was always cool to have it get darker earlier on Halloween night for the trick or treater's. I still haven't seen what advantage one week makes for saving any kind of energy, outside of the fact that it get's darker later than before.

Oh well......maybe down the road they might change it back, but I'm not holding my breath!
            Last edited by Falasben; 11-02-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Personally I do NOT want it to get darker earlier on Halloween night. It makes it harder for parents who work later and are trying to fix dinner and answer the door and get their kids read.y to go T&T. Also as a haunt enthusiast it gives me an extra hour of set up and last minute repairs. I dislike this whole changing back and forth and wish they would get rid of it. Just let it stay light as long as possible all year round. I figure who cares if it gets light sooner, but a lot of things we do rely on it being light later.

Thank you for the reminder as I did not know tonight was the night to set them back.

My husband and I went to see Enders Game tonight. He keeps telling me I read the book but I don't remember. But somehow I did know the surprise ending. So maybe I did read it. Anyway, I thought it was a great movie. Loren said it was a bit different from the book in several places. Plus they had to condense it for the movie.

Comment

I keep wandering in that movie (Enders Game) for some reason... In Dolby Atmos, on the Biggest screen! ( )

Seriously, the Dolby stereo channel company (remember the Double D logo on your cassette tape years ago?) Well, we have over 49 channels of sound! (most theatres have 5) Plus our Luxury Plus seating.... WOW! My job is really complicated! In a week we have to move all of our stock to another stock room that is completely small... Yah, my job gets easier and easier!!!

YAH NOT!
                World's Best Manager

Comment

Does anyone want to see Hunger Games "Catching Fire"?

I bet a lot of people will! Even more than that Thor Movie.... Plus we are going to be opening another 700 "Luxury Plus" seats....

Last night I had 23 employees on the clock at one time. It was a lot of time.. That's a lot of payroll!

When Hunger Games opens, this will be the determination. I will have to have over 40 employees on the clock at any point. I run the biggest theatre in the chain, and it is also the actual most up to date theatre in the world... Just saying, but it is! (my company likes it that way) There will be no Rough in My Diamond!

Always Thinking!
                  World's Best Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                    Happy November everyone. Guess it's safe to say we are officially in the Christmas season now. Simply the best time of the year.
                    I hope everyone had a good Halloween.

I am taking today and Monday off so I get a 4-day weekend. Yippee !!!!
                    I am going to put up my outdoor lights this weekend .. though I won't turn them on until later in the month. But I'd rather put them up now before the cold & snow gets here. Of course there are still plenty of outdoor chores to do as well .. again .. before the snow gets here. So let's just say it won't be a quiet and relaxing weekend.

Hallmark channel's Christmas movies start tonight. Gotta love it !!!

I hope everyone has a good day and a GREAT weekend.
                    Happy November everybody!! Funny you mentioned putting up your outdoor lights. When I came home from work last week Monday one guy in our sub division had placed his Santa and reindeer display up on his roof as usual. That was the first thing I saw when turning the corner. Then as I passed by the front of his house he has skeletons hanging from the front porch and even more Halloween stuff up too. Last Monday was October 28th. LOL. At least he has nit lit Santa and his reindeer up yet.

Comment

Hi folks, long time, no type here.

Been crazy busy, took on a new job late spring (bout the time I disappeared around these woods), and has lead me no time to do some of my hobbies this summer. Working crazy long hrs, and barely have enough time to keep in touch with family and friends. Is a position I have been looking to be in for a few years, now I just need to prove myself to them. Should slow down in a few weeks, but unfortunately I will not be doing a Christmas show this year. Between getting ready for house addition and keeping my family happy, there is no time left over. But the good new is, I get to be paid (very well) to install Christmas decorations and lights in corp. settings. Bad news is, I have to work 7 days a week from the week before Thanksgiving till a few weeks after, including Thanksgiving Day.

I am planing some big improvements for my show next year, and mostly non pixel stuff, I here that's just a fad. Look forward to seeing everybodys pics and progress in the next month.

CN

Comment

Good to see you back Cenote, at least for a little while. Great news that your going to be busy putting up decor, except for yourself at home. But better to be busy during the holidays than not at all.

Comment

Halloween is done, packed up the last of the Village on Sunday, time for the Christmas Village all 40 boxes. Wife has started on the Open House Menu, we always hold it on the first Saturday of December so this year we have an extra week WOO HOO.

Comment

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. And to top it off it will be a long weekend for those of you who are observing the federal holiday tomorrow.

It's so nice to walk around the stores now and see the Christmas goodies. Some stores are still setting up their stuff. The local hardware store had some blowmolds. They were nice but unfortunately they didn't have any of the ones that I was looking for. I can't wait to get over to walmart and kmart to see what they have.

I saw a house that might even have their outdoor lights turned on. I'm not sure because it was not a lot of lights .. but they did look Christmas-y and it put a smile on my face.

Some radio stations have gone to all Christmas music. Yippee. I know they often play the same songs over and over but it's still nice to be able to turn the radio on and here Christmas music.
                            Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I have to say that I saw a local bar and grill a few blocks from where I live, and they had Christmas lights up and on their building the other night! I would have to say that it's the first sighting of lights on a building or house for the season, outside of the normal retail establishments having Christmas decor up for retail selling purposes!

I would have to say that it brought a little tear to my eyes, seeing the glow of multicolored lights shining in the cool crisp November evening air!
                              So it begins.............

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 933 users online. 1 members and 932 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X