Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 December Weekly

Hello DECEMBER!!!!

It's the time of year when people stop looking at us like we're idiots!!

The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

^Lol totally agree Ryb let the fun begin for the next 25 days
    Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

LMAO Rybcon! You got that right my friend!
      Went driving around a bit last night. Seen some cool Christmas lighting ideas. Seen 3 Nativities and a few Santa and snowmen blow molds as well. It's getting to look allot like folks are trying to catch up with us. LOL
      There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

I finally got one of my trees in the house, after an hour of fighting with it, and twisting my bad knee. The other one might make it in tomorrow, if it is lucky. I realized today that this year I really have no place to put it. So now I have to rearrange furniture. Dammit!

I spent all day working on my cards. Halfway done.

I had to make a little tent kind of thing for my tomatoes. I am afraid Christmas tree trumps tomatoes and I now have no place in the house for them. So I turned my pirate ship and a tarp into a mini-greenhouse and added a spot light for warmth. Hope it is enough.

Comment

Well, that's news to me! I am not quite sure about that because I went to True Value and asked for tomato vine baskets for gardens. He went to the corner of store and showed me potting soil. I said where are the wire baskets for holding up tomato plants. He looked at me like I just crawled out of a rock. He said we should have those in the spring. There goes those cool trees I saw next to someone's arches.
          I swear, I went through this entire strand. Each light I pulled out and put back in. Oh, I didn't check the fuse! My thumb is so sore, will I learn for next time?

Comment

Congrats on getting the fist one in Just Whisper. It's a good fight for a good cause. NEVER settle for smaller trees! Looking forward to seeing your home done up this year. Always cool!

Well I finally won a piece of guitar equipment on Ebay! The one I didn't win? Been 5 days and the 0 feedback bidder still hasn't paid for it. Kinda bummer for the seller. Looking forward to adding this new one to my set up. It'll replace one that I have but don't use half of. Planning on putting it up on Ebay and let someone who'll enjoy the whole thing have it. Camera came in today! Lot's of new features and things to learn before I even install the new program. It seems the new will wipeout the old Canon program. Not sure if I'll still be able to use my old camera or not. Not the right time of year to end up with camera troubles. Did learn with the right memory card I can take over an hour of video footage. Figure my display would look good for the first 10 minutes or so. Then after 20 it's start getting boring. At around 40 minutes it'd be like sitting in hell watching someone else's vacation pictures. LOL One thing I didn't know is the camera comes with it's own weird looking square battery. Never seen one like this before. Says it can take up to 200 pics on one charge. And only takes 2 hours to recharge. However when I'm taking pictures 200 is nothing. Guess I need to find where I can get another one of these so I can swap em out.

Below is a pic of some of the ornaments I got yesterday. The hand painted ones are all Poland. The mat silver one with stenciling is Shiny Brite.

Here
            Attached Files
            There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

An hour of video on the memory card that came with it? Wow.
              I swear, I went through this entire strand. Each light I pulled out and put back in. Oh, I didn't check the fuse! My thumb is so sore, will I learn for next time?

Comment

Yep, you gotta plan ahead and buy those cages early. Sometimes we can't even get them in the summer because they sell out in the spring. Try Home Depot. Ours had a whole bunch still left over mid summer. Sometimes you can get lucky.

I am trying to bid on an apple i-phone for my daughter on ebay. I am not enjoying this because my mouse keeps freezing and i only bid on items in the last 30 seconds, so i am freaking out over the mouse. LOL.

Whew! I changed back to my old mouse and all is good. Guess I just got a bad mouse. Anyway, I won the auction in the last 2 seconds. My daughter will be so happy to have a phone that works.

I am going back to work on cards some more and a few handmade ornaments I am working on. If they turn out nice I will post them in the decoration section stuff.

Putrid, those ornaments are so beautiful. Congrats on the ebay win. And I hope you will enjoy your new camera too. Look forward to lots of great pics.
                Last edited by Just Whisper; 12-01-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I just lost a 2012 baseball bat to some person that has 1 feedback score. The heck this dude just came in and started bidding at three minutes left. It was so cheap. What an idiot. He made the price jump hundred bucks on his own. I was going to come in a snipe it, but no. He didn't even win the darn thing.

Go get them JW. Bid low and at the end.

Comment

No point in bidding on most items until I see how high it looks like it will go. The last few minutes most auctions go crazy so I just wait till they all bid themselves out. If it is still in my price range then I bid at the end. I hate it when people drive the price up and then quit. Sorry about that Jay. But WHAT is a 2012 baseball bat?
                    Last edited by Just Whisper; 12-02-2011, 02:45 PM. Reason: I can't tell the diffence between a 0 and a 2

Comment

Well HELLOOOOOOOO December (JW had to kick my butt up here, LOL)

P. those are some REAL beautiful ornaments you got there WOW! (yeah, I am green over here!)

Ryb, you couldn't be more right about this being when others quit thinking we are idiots (well, what the heck do THEY know anyhow?)
                      I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

New rules it has to BBCOR certified. Anything else is BESR certified. 2012 bats have the seal on them. Without the seal they are not allowed to game played. One of the perks of being VP of our little league! Most parents don't know this and are purchasing these senior league bats for their children and they won't be allowed to use them. They are spending hundreds on them and they are useless. The sellers don't tell you this. I hate that they prey on parents not knowing the new rules.

Just so you know if anyone cares. It is the exit bat speed in which the ball leaves the bat. It is to prevent fatal injuries by making bats less dangerous. However, good bats that don't damage (often) run close to $400.00. I've seen a metal bad explode. I've seen one crack in half. And many just dent rendering them useless.

Comment

On Ebay 90% of the time I bid my highest, or what I will pay for it, on my first bid. If someone gets close and it's something I really want or doesn't come up often I'll raise my bid. I tried sniping a few times. It's to much of a hassle.

There was a discussion started at the end of the Nov. weekly about seeing your display threw someone else's eyes to see what, if anything, needs to be improved. Try pasting pictures in a publisher or word program that lets you flip them. So instead of left/right you see them from right/left.

Well this cold isn't turning into a cold anymore...UGH! Not what I need. I've worked threw worst and lived to tell of it. LOL Because Christmas will be over here this year I'm going to turn the living room into Sherwood forest. Evergreen Everywhere! Will have to get that all up before the trees. It'll look like someone put up a Christmas resale shop in the woods somewhere. Yep, this cold is getting to me. Started thinking spray painting the carpet white was a good idea. Time for bed folks.

Comment

Yah, my cold is getting the better of me as well... Unfortunately.. I guess I wasn't over last week's cold and it carried over to this week.. I sound like Lurch from the Adam's Family when I talk...

A local Big Lots is going out of business, so everything is 20% off at the moment. I would be snatching up Christmas lights if I didn't have leftovers already... I know we can always use more, but I just don't want to spend the money right now especially since I don't NEED the lights. I did buy a bunch of grocery items, however.

Yesterday I had to go to an attorney's office to do a "taped deposition". The company I work for is being sued by someone who fell in the bathroom 3 years ago. It was my day off, but my boss is cool and counted it as a full day so I get an extra day off this week! (it only took an hour!)
                            World's Best Manager

Comment

Originally posted by putrid View Post
                              On Ebay 90% of the time I bid my highest, or what I will pay for it, on my first bid. If someone gets close and it's something I really want or doesn't come up often I'll raise my bid. I tried sniping a few times. It's to much of a hassle.

There was a discussion started at the end of the Nov. weekly about seeing your display threw someone else's eyes to see what, if anything, needs to be improved. Try pasting pictures in a publisher or word program that lets you flip them. So instead of left/right you see them from right/left.

Well this cold isn't turning into a cold anymore...UGH! Not what I need. I've worked threw worst and lived to tell of it. LOL Because Christmas will be over here this year I'm going to turn the living room into Sherwood forest. Evergreen Everywhere! Will have to get that all up before the trees. It'll look like someone put up a Christmas resale shop in the woods somewhere. Yep, this cold is getting to me. Started thinking spray painting the carpet white was a good idea. Time for bed folks.
                              Putrid, if you wait till the last minute people won't want it so bad that they bid outside their means. You can then come in and snipe for a lower price. If you bid right at the the beginning then, people will make adjustments. If you wait for it and bid your highest at the end then people don't have enough time to catch their breath and you've now won it for less than what you paid for it. Some people snipe some don't. I buy on ebay, but I am also a power/top rated seller so, I know a little bit about the tricks of the trade.

Hope you are much better this morning!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 722 users online. 0 members and 722 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X