100 years old and runs marathon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 years old and runs marathon

Okay, this makes me feel out of shape! This guy is 100 yrs old, runs 10 miles every day, started running at 89 years old, and just ran the London marathon!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/centurian-m...230149007.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15330421
    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

It took him 11 years to finish a marathon?
    The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by Rybcon View Post
      It took him 11 years to finish a marathon?
      He'd STILL beat me!
      I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

I've been a runner for 40 years and I know the aches and pains it brings. I hope to beat his time when I'm a hundred, LOL!

Comment

I can WALK faster than I can run!

If I had to run for my life? Well, let's just say, I'd see you in the afterlife!
          I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

My little sister runs marathons. I think she is insane! LOL I didn't buy a car so that I could "run". LOL

Kudos to him!
            World's Best Manager

Comment

Hey Edwin, I also have friends who ride bikes all the time. I understand they enjoy it, but I quit doing that when I first got my license in the pleistocene era!

Comment

3 leg surgeries are enough to determine running is something in my past and not my present. (or future).
                The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

I'm still laughing at Rybs first 11 year statement!
                  People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

If I live past 110, I'll run a marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by EnlightenedGrinch View Post
                      If I live past 110, I'll run a marathon.
                      I am almost half way TO 110, and I couldn't/wouldn't/SHOULDN'T (and danged well won't EVER run one) Kudos to those who are willing to, but this bad boy ain't about to!

Comment

You're right.
                        Maybe I'll just do the 1/26th marathon instead!

Comment

Give me a golf cart, or any internal combustion powered vehicle, and I would follow the marathon route (as long as I get hot coffee and various OTHER beverages to ensure my comfort) and I will complete a marathon. BUT, to actually RUN one? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

I have said for years that Camping is when room service is late.... a marathon? Are you nuts?

Comment

I probably run around that much looking for where I just put my keys, what my daughter upstairs is crying about, what my son downstairs is hollering about, where I put my keys this time, a two-armed sprint (one child tucked underneath each arm) to the car because we're running late, a scramble back to the house to make sure my son is still getting ready, a race back to the car before one of the neighbors turns me in for leaving my children unattended in my car.......

But for some reason, I just cannot run on and on and on without a million short-term destinations to keep me motivated.
                            Each snowflake imprints its own unique sparkle to the magic of Christmas

Comment

LOL Sounds like my average day.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 808 users online. 2 members and 806 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X