2011 August Weekly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 August Weekly

It be August already. Always one of my favorite months with the NFL preseason getting underway and college football ready to start. And this August I have some time off looming.
    The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

P, congrats on your recent blow mold score!

Well, we're sending our son to public school this year instead of private. We'll see how that works out...
    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickie Ickie View Post

Well, we're sending our son to public school this year instead of private. We'll see how that works out...
      Should work out fine, dollar-wise! $$$$$$

Comment

Its hard to believe its only 2 months until I start decorationg. The shop is cleaned up and ready to repair any decorations that need it before putting them up.
        GOD BLESS US EVERY ONE!
        Lights on Park Lakes, like it on Facebook!

Comment

I hear ya Dave!

Good to have some time off RYB! I will be taking some time in Sept, thought I could in Aug but I think I will wait. Besides, it will help with the Halloween stuff.

I posted a new thread on the Christmas Decorations part of the forum, some ideas about a Light o Rama purchase that I have been thinking about. I don't know if I want to spend the money, so go read it and let me know what you all think please.

I got an email from Michael's today that was "Holiday" oriented. I was secretly hoping that it was Halloween, but I was also happy to find out it was actually "Christmas"! BUT, it is a little early for Michael's to be promoting Christmas, isn't it? I thought it a little bit weird.... but maybe I am the weird one. LOL
          World's Best Manager

Comment

It's August???????? Aghhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Thanks Edwin. I REALLY need the time off. Yesterday I forgot my wedding ring. No big deal really, but today I forgot MY PHONE!!!!! Aaahhhhhh! I'm going to have to work instead of texting!
              The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

Good grief, it IS August! HOLY CATS! Where did this year GO?

EDIT:

Well, good news today. Somehow, Mark's debit card was compromised, and we had someone having a BIG OLD TIME in Vegas on our checking account! We got a call from fraud protection. Had the card killed, and got all the money back into our account INCLUDING all the overdraft charges (gotta just LOVE people who would do something like that to someone else) Anyhow, long story short, I also had my card replaced (JUST to be safe) All is well.
                Last edited by Craig; 08-02-2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
                I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

Rybcon, it's not the month of the year or how much vacation, it's age. LOL I got tunes of vacation time. Need to take some time off myself.
                  Sickie Ickie, hope he does well!
                  Theedwin, guess they're really pushing the Christmas stuff this year.
                  Wow Craig, totally cool they caught it and didn't charge ya'll.

It's been hot. In a plant with two huge ovens and lots of water it's REAL hot. We've had two people pass out from the heat. Young kids, not us old folks. After about 13 hours today I was trying to walk more in a circle than a straight line. More tired than anything but the heat didn't help. Easy to cool off when I get home. Putting together ideas for this years Christmas display and listening to Christmas music really helps. Sitting here in front of a fan and dressed like I hope I don't get company helps too...yes the curtains are closed . LOL
                  Last edited by pine; 08-02-2011, 08:45 PM.
                  There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Good catch, Craig!

Edwin, looks like you'll have your hands full learning new tech.

Putrid, I get concerned about'cha in that heat. Have you thought about a cooling vest? Like any of these?

there's also neck coolers like these.
                    Last edited by Sickie Ickie; 08-03-2011, 08:32 AM.
                    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post

Well, good news today. Somehow, Mark's debit card was compromised, and we had someone having a BIG OLD TIME in Vegas on our checking account!
                      Edwin, you've got some explaining to do.........! JK LOL

Glad you got it all worked out, Craig!

Comment

LMAO @ Grinch!
                        I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

Who said it was Edwin.........muhahahahahah....
                          A merry Christmas Uncle Scrooge,god save you"

Comment

Originally posted by Nephew Fred View Post
                            Who said it was Edwin.........muhahahahahah....
                            You guys are HILLARIOUS!

Comment

Going to sign my son up for the public school today. Nothing like waiting in line for hours at a time...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 722 users online. 0 members and 722 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X