Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 February Weekly

Hello Everyone, and Happy February!

Been a while since I started one of these... I have the day off, so I cleaned my work bench off in the "studio" and started taking apart some AAT's. I am saving their gears and motors for some awesome project that I will probably never get around to.... LOL

Work is going well (finally) so I am happy about that! I think I am going to hit a few thrift stores today since I haven't done that in a while.
    World's Best Manager

Be cool to hear if you find some new ens Theedwin. I'm officially snowed in. Main highway is closed. There's no traffic anywhere. Got lots of snacks, cold soda and time. Lots and lots of time. I need to find something to do. I'm board out of my scull! Right now running naked in the snow sounds like a good idea. Now you know why I don't drink. LOL
    There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Umm . . . . guitars?
      The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

True, after all- P with a guitar is like a fish in water.
        People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Forgot to mention I had to see the doc today. A couple of days ago I had a small puncture in my hand, no doubt done by the claw of my cat. heh Two days later it is swollen up like a balloon and the puncture has gotten bigger, raised and an angry red. Very painful. Doc was very concerned stating that he needed to make sure the infection wouldn't go into my bloodstream. Gave me a prescription of the strongest antibiotic he could get his hands on (which are HUGE freakin' horsepills with about 800 mg! Try to swallow that!), and insisted on coming in Friday to see me even though he doesn't make appointments for Fridays. He said if it gets any worse go immediately to the emergency room for IV antibiotics that are stronger.

Seems to me I see the doctor more and more now as I get older. (sigh) At least I know the sound of one hand clapping! LOL
          People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Good luck with the hand, SI. Ice storm a-brew'n here. We still have a lot and I mean a lot of snow on the ground. Much more than in the past few years. There is nowhere to put it. The area is not built like the mid west where they anticipate this amount of snow. Parking lots have piles close to 25-30' high and just try and get out of a side street. Tomorrow looks like the whole place will be an ice rink. TV is calling for 1/4 - 3/4" ice. Nice.... give me snow. At least I can handle that.

Comment

Bummer DanoNJ. We missed the ice where I'm at. I've had to deal with it in the past so I know what your about to face. Not cool dude. Keep sake.

Wow Sickie Ickie. Hope this clears up for ya soon. Hate taken horse pills like that. Mess with your digestive system too. So what your saying is I should at least wear a guitar when I run naked in the snow? COOL! Haven't played for a wile. Right hand been bothering me again. Know what you mean about how the older you get the more you see a doc. Figured that one out. I don't see em when I need to. That way they don't bate me to come back. I hear, "Take these and come back when your done with them." That translates to, "If you don't take these you don't have to come back." JK LOL
              There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Ice is not nice, Dano. Here we have something called black ice. That's when it looks as though the ground/street just has a puddle and you get a surprise of ice when you drive over it.

Comment

Hope the horse pills work Sickie! I get scratches all the time from the cat, but they heal pretty quickly. Hope yours does too!

Be careful on that ice Dano!
                  World's Best Manager

Comment

Originally posted by putrid View Post
                    I'm officially snowed in. Main highway is closed. There's no traffic anywhere.
                    OK ,I'll stop wining about how cold it got here again....
                    Stay warm everyone, that storm looks like a doozy.
                    A merry Christmas Uncle Scrooge,god save you"

Comment

I hope everyone north of me fares well in their winter wonderlands, as in I "wonder" when this snow is going to quit, and I "wonder" when I will ever see my driveway again. Stay warm, and don't drive if you don't have to. Especially on ice.

No whining here today. We have our windows open. It rained earlier, really hard, but we need it.

Sickie, take good care of that wound. I hope it heals quickly.

Comment

Thanks P, and JW and everyone for concern about the infection. Today the hand is swollen more and still very painful, but the red anger in it has died down to a lovely baby pink. heh

Well, it started snowing around 2 pm yesterday and really was coming down with a fierce wind by 4pm. Still wasn't white-out conditions, I mean you could see down the street like fog, etc. Anyway, woke up a few minutes ago an looked outside. It's still snowing and because the winds were causing drifts, we have some places that easily reach 4-5 feet and higher! Other places (like under cars) is barely anything at all. So I got it all figured out for the mayor. The state just needs to rent a zillion cars, line them up bumper to bumper on every road IL has, and then after it snows, move them to specially built parking lots. No snow on the roads! Ba da bing ba da boom! LOL

The reality is we're not going anywhere today. More snow coming down. We'll see what the rest of today and tomorrow brings...

Comment

Yikes! Been seeing some pics of Chicago on TWC Sickie, an ideal day to stay indoors or sure! Just woke up a little while ago to find it dumping snow here. Ohhh well.... the snowblower is fueled so is the generator in case of power outages. Now if I could just get 'Julianne' fueled to get out there and move some snow later on!

Comment

I'm gonna have to get my ancient snow blower fixed for next year, that's for sure!

Comment

It's a good thing we live in FL now instead of SD because my ancient snow remover is in the shower with a cold right now.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 720 users online. 0 members and 720 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X