My new house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new house

This is my family's new house. (Someone else's vehicle is parked in front.)

Notice it has a flat roof. I can't wait to see how I can get some decor up there! Long ladder is needed though...

New windows. Out facing the street and side are some small bay windows. Some plants or vases will look nice in them.

The 2nd half is shingled on the side. Needs some fixing. The first story is brick.

The doors under the car port are open. They need replaced. Bad shape, but the inside storage is still good.

The car port needs cut higher. Our van goes under with about an inch to spare. So, I'll have to cut it upward for clearance.

Long driveway goes through the car port into the back to the 2 car garage. NOT looking forward to snow! Am looking forward to the storage in the garage! Doors in garage need replaced.

The last is a shot from the back yard. Chain link fence surrounds the back.

You can't see it from the pic, but there is a large dead tree that needs cut down. I'm thinking cut the tree and leave some stump, then lay a circular board across the stump for a table.

Everything is pretty much back lit except for the last shot, and the camera battery ran out- hence the white out pics. I kept trying to get larger scene pics, but it wouldn't fit in the lens. This will give you a brief idea of what we got anyway. No doubt more pics will come when we have moved in.
    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Sickie, what a great looking house, I love brick! and oh the possibilities~~ for haunting and decking, looks like a great neighbor hood, and a fenced yard for the kids to play! I am so excited for you, this makes me happy- good things happening for you~
    my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

Cool house Sickie Ickie! Have em save some of that tree and cut it in splitable pieces. Always good for BBQ!!! Cool the back yard is fenced! Always a plus!
      There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

I like it too, P.

My wife's ex has already asked for some of the tree for firewood. I figure why not? Plenty to go round!

Anyone know how much it costs to have someone cut a tree down?

How hard is it to handle a chain saw?

Bethene-I certainly hope good things are going our way. heh It cost us every penny we had to get the place. When our current house sells my bro gets his money back and we get our biz equipment. I doubt they'll be anything left over.

On the plus side, we can empty out our storage units and save about $400 ea month, and sell a bunch of it on Ebay for fixing up the place...and props....shhhhhhh....!
        Last edited by Sickie Ickie; 04-14-2010, 07:32 PM.
        People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Very nice, Sickie!
          That's unique style of house. If I saw a building like that around here, I'd think it was a business or a doctors office. LOL
          That's cool it's got a flat roof. Should be able to fill it up with roof top props for the holidays.
          Congratulations!

Comment

I've never seen a house with a flat top either, Grinch. Roof top props for the holidays are exactly what I am thinking too!

When I went to drive by the house after I saw the Remax ad, I couldn't believe it was the same house that they wanted the price for. I drove back home and when I opened the door and saw my wife, I said with eyes wide and hands shaking, "That's a mansion!" (For those that have a house larger than 2100 sq ft, please understand that having 7 people in this house of only 900 sq ft, this absolutely DOES seem like a mansion!)

We had to double check the price to make sure we had the right home. We did. Since it was a foreclosure and on the market for a while, they were asking only half of what it would have sold for. Plus, it needed some aesthetic work done and I'm game.

Comment

Congrats SI!!!! The additional space is wonderful and the house looks cool. Just think with a little work and of course advice from fellow posters, it'll be awesome.

Comment

Sickie, I just love your new home. It is so cute and indeed, it is a mansion. I am so happy for you, and I pray that all goes well for the closing. I think those little bay windows would look adorable with little Christmas scenes in them at Christmas or scary heads stuck in them at Halloween. What a great house. Thank you for getting pics so quickly.

Comment

Great house Sickie! Where is the door? I saw one on the side in the back yard picture, but that didn't look very convenient... LOL

Good thing you have the kids to help shovel!
                  World's Best Manager

Comment

People are really hurting now for work so the best thing to do is play the waiting gameif it can wait) and they will find you and offer a price somewhere around 300-350 tell them you CANNOT AFFORD THAT PRICE!!! And they will steep for a few minutes and do for around 200. I always say i cant afford at 300+ and i reaally cant. If you have them haul it away they will charge more if you keep wood and do the clean up they will do for about 200. I have had some giants cut down in the past for 250 with haul off. If you dont feel comfortable with chain saw leave it to the pros. Few things to remember are you have to climb a tree not drop saw and know how to cut and have help to tie off tree and two pullers so tree doesnt go wrong way and hit something important. Not trying to scare ya or anything but i had a friend way back and his relative was using chain saw and chain broke and only thing that stopped that chain was one of his teeth. They can be extremely dangerous and expensive....BTW house looks great!

Edit Oh and dont hesitate to ask them to cut to pieces you can manage. They will and wont hesitate to do it. I think they just like using the saw

Stump removal should run anywhere from 75-250 just depends on the clean up and leveling of ground. I have heard to drill holes in stump and poor cooking oil in them but i have not tried yet for a root rot. Thing to remember is your gonna want stump gone dont want to give termites or ants a new home so close to your home.
                    Last edited by Frosty; 04-15-2010, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickie Ickie View Post
                      Anyone know how much it costs to have someone cut a tree down?

How hard is it to handle a chain saw?
                      I'd ask the real estate agent if they know of anyone who cuts down trees.

As far as your question. No. LOL I grew up around chain saws. We only had wood heat in the house. There's a reason people show up in the emergency rooms with really bad physical damage. I've seen trees twist and fall in the wrong direction. I've seen experienced people cut themselves or get hit by branches. It's not something you just do. Really should get someone to do it for ya. Rather see ya spend the money to have someone take down the tree instead of repairing the roof and side of your house,,,your fence....your neighbors place...
                      There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Hey Sickie!

LOVE the house, and CONGRATS on it!

I agree about not doing the "chain saw massacre thing" on yourself. Get a bonded & insured professional to do the work, it will be money well spent!

GREAT job on finding the house, I can't WAIT to see what you come up with for your yard display this year!
                        I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
                          Great house Sickie! Where is the door? I saw one on the side in the back yard picture, but that didn't look very convenient... LOL

Good thing you have the kids to help shovel!
                          LOL That's the funny thang, Edwin. When I first saw thehouse I thought the same thing.

The house has three doors. The back yard, under the car port, and on the other side of the house opposite the carport (which looks like the front.)

I told my wife we'll have to block off one with a chain or something so we don't hear knocking and not know which door to go to! Prob is the Front has a mail box and doorbell and if I block off the car port I have to get out and undo it and redo it every time I want to pull in the van.

Comment

Frosty- thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

I'm thinking I could use some liquid over the stump to make it last longer and keep pests out. Maybe even shellac or poly euro, but I'll have to look more into that.

Comment

P and Craig, seems like the general consensus is let the pros do it. I'll tell the wife that.

Every penny we had and then some went into getting the house, so to be honest, not sure how much we'll really be able to do this year because of the money situation. HOWEVER, if I get hardly anything else up, I'm still excited because I'm planning on building me an "Edwin Snowman!"

Who knows though? After the other house sells, perhaps enough money will be left over for some props. (The laser biz had better work for us! LOL)

I'd love to do a full sized sleigh w/reindeer on the roof...oh! With a life sized animatronic waving Santa!...I'll stop my dreaming right now before I get into trouble! LOL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1403 users online. 3 members and 1400 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X