• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viktorija
    started a topic 2018 Chit Chat

2018 Chit Chat

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun NY Eve.

It was freeze your butt off cold here last night. Below zero. What a way to bring in the new year. It's been so cold that many of the trees that got iced over before Christmas .. still have ice on them. Last night the moon was almost full and some of the trees sparkled in the moon light. It was very pretty.

Well I just wanted to get this thread going. Here's hoping that 2018 will be a great year for everyone!

• Viktorija
    replied
    I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the move.

Being New England the weather is all over the place. The running joke is wait 5 minutes and the weather will change. We definitely get more snow than you. Especially when a nor'easter roars up the coast.

White Christmas. Hit or miss. It would be nice to have something white on the ground for Christmas but that's not a guarantee.
    Last year we had white on the ground .. and an ice storm the day before.
    Of course all that ice made for lots of extra sparkle with the Christmas Lights.

Leave a comment:

• Perpetual_Christmas
    replied
    Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
    How does it compare to where you used to live?
    Well, it definitely gets colder. However, unlike Seattle which has a wet season in the winter, KC has a dry(er) season in the winter. It's not as dry here in the winter as Seattle is dry in the summer, but it's still a dry season. But at least it's colder. As a result you get a lot of cold but sunny days. And when it snows, it doesn't usually snow a lot. Last year was really cold, and it snowed 11 times, but the biggest snow was only 2 inches, and most were, like, a half inch. But once in a while you get a big snowstorm, like the one we had a few days after Thanksgiving (about 6-7 inches). Overall, it's definitely more winter-y in the winter here, so it was definitely worth the move. I'd rather have 35 degrees and sunny on Christmas (KC) than 50 degrees and rainy on Christmas (Seattle).

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    How does it compare to where you used to live?

Leave a comment:

• Perpetual_Christmas
    replied
    Originally posted by Rybcon View Post
    You live close to my sister and they have been getting snow off and on since about that time.
    Yeah, we already have as much snow this winter as we did in each of the entire last 3 winters! And it's only early December!

Leave a comment:

• Rybcon
    replied
    You live close to my sister and they have been getting snow off and on since about that time.

Leave a comment:

• Perpetual_Christmas
    replied
    Snow has stopped and I just went out with a ruler and stuck it in a random spot in my front yard: 7 inches.

Leave a comment:

• Perpetual_Christmas
    replied
    I went outside a little while ago and measured anywhere from 3" to 6", depending on the spot. I'd say another 1" has fallen since then. Looking at the radar I think it'll end in an hour or so, which might add yet another inch. So I'm going to call it 5" minimum.

Definitely the biggest snow since I moved here.

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    How much did they say you'll be getting?

Leave a comment:

• Perpetual_Christmas
    replied
    Finally getting a decent blizzard here in KC.

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    I wonder who will win out tonight?

Frosty the Snowman on CBS
    The Grinch Who Stole Christmas on NBC
    Santa Claus is Coming to Town on ABC

All on at 8:00.

Leave a comment:

• Perpetual_Christmas
    replied
    Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!!

Gobble 'till you wobble. lol

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    I'm happy to report that several radio stations have now gone all Christmas in these parts. It's about time. I'm sure in other areas they've had Christmas music for a while now. Now I know there are other sources of Christmas music but I just think it's nice when the radio stations finally start playing the music.

Had 9" of snow the other night. Some more on the way tomorrow night. Looks like it will be a white Thanksgiving for us. (which probably means we'll have a green Christmas)

Is everyone all set for Thanksgiving? (or as some people say Thankspigging)

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    Happy Halloween everyone!

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 951 users online. 2 members and 949 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
X