2018 Chit Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow has stopped and I just went out with a ruler and stuck it in a random spot in my front yard: 7 inches.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

You live close to my sister and they have been getting snow off and on since about that time.
      The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by Rybcon View Post
        You live close to my sister and they have been getting snow off and on since about that time.
        Yeah, we already have as much snow this winter as we did in each of the entire last 3 winters! And it's only early December!
        Nutcracker fetishist.
        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

How does it compare to where you used to live?
          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
            How does it compare to where you used to live?
            Well, it definitely gets colder. However, unlike Seattle which has a wet season in the winter, KC has a dry(er) season in the winter. It's not as dry here in the winter as Seattle is dry in the summer, but it's still a dry season. But at least it's colder. As a result you get a lot of cold but sunny days. And when it snows, it doesn't usually snow a lot. Last year was really cold, and it snowed 11 times, but the biggest snow was only 2 inches, and most were, like, a half inch. But once in a while you get a big snowstorm, like the one we had a few days after Thanksgiving (about 6-7 inches). Overall, it's definitely more winter-y in the winter here, so it was definitely worth the move. I'd rather have 35 degrees and sunny on Christmas (KC) than 50 degrees and rainy on Christmas (Seattle).
            Nutcracker fetishist.
            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the move.

Being New England the weather is all over the place. The running joke is wait 5 minutes and the weather will change. We definitely get more snow than you. Especially when a nor'easter roars up the coast.

White Christmas. Hit or miss. It would be nice to have something white on the ground for Christmas but that's not a guarantee.
              Last year we had white on the ground .. and an ice storm the day before.
              Of course all that ice made for lots of extra sparkle with the Christmas Lights.
              Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1791 users online. 8 members and 1783 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
              X