2018 Chit Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 degrees here yesterday - peepers are out and plants are starting to come up. It's too early for this to be happening.

Comment

Things will start budding out and then we will get some freezing weather in March and kill everything off. Some of our worst snowstorms have come in March. Bit then again the snow does not stay around too long in March. We also had an 80 degree day here in Virginia a couple of days ago.

Comment

I think you jinxed us when you talked about storms in March. We got plenty of snow in March. One storm we were supposed to get around a foot and we got twice as much. At least it wasn't the wet pasty snow. We got the wet pasty stuff in a different storm. Lots of tree damage around here. I still have to clean up all the downed limbs in the yard. I'm not the only one. Same story at a lot of other houses. Power was out for a while. Thank goodness for ye ol' generator.

Most of the snow has melted by now and I've noticed some of the early spring bulbs either blooming or starting to grow. Can't complain about that. Hopefully that will be it for the snow this season.

Still have to do my taxes. Time is rapidly running out. Guess you know what I'll be working on this week.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter tomorrow!!

Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Speaking of snow, we're supposed to get a little snow here in Kansas City tomorrow! I might get a white Easter!
          Nutcracker fetishist.
          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Happy Easter everybody!!

It's started snowing lightly here, so now I've got Christmas music going through my head!
            Nutcracker fetishist.
            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I went into Hobby Lobby today to see if, by chance, they had started putting out any Christmas stuff yet. They hadn't, but they *did* already have some fall and Thanksgiving decorations out.
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I guess that would make sense since they usually start putting their Christmas goodies out in July.

It's always strange to see the fall/Christmas stuff out when it's broiling outside. But I'm not complaining. I like looking at it. Hard part is not too buy too much. LOL.

Hot & Humid the last couple of days. It's supposed to be dry and cooler tomorrow which is good because I really need to cut the grass. (pretty soon I'll be calling it hay .. ha ha)
                Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

We were in the upper 90s on Monday with 90%+ humidity. I worked outside at my volunteer job for six hours in that heat, got home, popped in a Christmas movie, and when my wife got home, she thought I fell out of the sleigh with the heat. Be Careful Out There And Keep Hydrated!!

Comment

I think some of that heat is heading this way. We've had some 90+ days here too. (and lots of humidity) It will be nice tomorrow. Then it will start warming up again. 90's at the end of the week and into next week. Which means I better get the outdoor chores done today and tomorrow. Looks like it might be a hot 4th of July.

What are everyone's plans for the 4th?

Do you go to see fireworks or do you watch on tv?

I've seen some great fireworks on tv .. except for when they pan the audience. Which is something I don't understand.
                    When I watch fireworks on tv I want to see the fireworks. Not the people watching the fireworks.

My friend in Illinois says there is a hill that they take their kids too. At the top of the hill you can see the fireworks from several towns. That sounds nice.

Comment

That hill and several towns sounds like a great idea. We normally cookout here and enjoy all the neighbors' aerial displays. Around 2100 on the 4th, my neighborhood sounds like the 2nd Battle of the Marne!

Comment

That sounds (literally .. ha ha) like a lot of fun!

Comment

Any chance you will be taking any photos of the displays?

Comment

The early barrage started on Saturday night and it's been building for the last two nights - no aerial but lots of boom. I think Independence Day will be insane this year if the rain stays away. Regarding pictures, we've tried in the past but have never been successful due to a slow camera and too many trees.

Comment

Are there any moderators around who might want to un-sticky the 2017 chat thread? I just noticed it's still stickied at the top of this section.
                              Nutcracker fetishist.
                              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

This version of this song almost sounds Christmas-y:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZESUTtOg_Ws
                                Nutcracker fetishist.
                                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1398 users online. 7 members and 1391 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X