2018 Chit Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our dusting of snow turned into freezing rain last night followed by high winds. The wind blew out the nasty stuff and left us with a beautiful sunny but cold day today.
    Last edited by Bedford Falls Postmaster; 02-22-2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Looks like we have another mess coming into tonight. Sleet, freezing rain over night and then just rain tomorrow. Of course they have been wrong before.

Comment

I think that mess will be heading up this way when it's done with you. They are talking about more white stuff tomorrow. Then sleet/ice on top of it. I hope to go out and get the snow off the driveway and roof before it gets weighed down with the sleet and ice.

The meteorologists have been talking about how it's the 40 yr anniversary of the Blizzard of 78. The pics and news footage are amazing. Glad we're getting only a few inches of the slop tomorrow.

In the news they are also talking about some woman in NH who won a big lottery jackpot and wants to remain anonymous. Can't say I blame her for that. Congrats to her for winning. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to have that much money. You hear all the stories about lottery winners and how some of them just go through all that money and end up losing it all. That's mind blowing.

Otherwise not much to report. Sometimes it seems like the same old hamster wheel .. just a different day.

Hope everyone is doing well.
        Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

We have been getting a lot of snow dumped on us over the last two weeks. We are supposed to get another 12 to 18 inches in the next day or so. The RCMP have been asking us to stay off the roads as there have been so many accidents in the last 10 days. We also lost wifi, cable, & phones the other day/night because of an avalanche covering part of the highway and damage to some "structural area" that took out the fibre optic wifi lines. Two other phone companies other than the one we use also had damage and problems..
          https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

I think I would rather have the snow rather than the ice as far as the roads are concerned. Although that much snow would make it hard to feed the cattle. I guess I am getting soft in my old age. I used to like to get out and play in the snow. By play I mean getting out and running around with the tractor or pickup in the fields. I would pull a large snow tube behind the tractor with the grandsons in it, turn sharply and spin them around. I still like sledding down the hills. But we have not had enough snow to do that the past several years. Might as well make the best of winter weather.

Comment

My co-worker said they are having trouble at their farm because they can't get the hay load out to the horses because of the snow. The highway was closed to the west today d/t avalanche and closed to the east of us d/t accidents. RCMP are putting out weather warnings.
              Last edited by mariem; 02-08-2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Everyone is trying to dig out vehicles.

Comment

Why do some pictures upload so small and others are a decent size? So frustrating.

Comment

All that snow is nice to look at. Of course I have been out feeding cattle in snow like that many times. Luckily the tractor sits high enough to go through most of it. I think I will leave that to the younger generation (my grandsons) now. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Comment

The snow does look pretty. I don't mind the snow if I am staying inside and not needing to be on the roads. Unfortunately the roads are congested because they are running out of places to put the snow. A school bus was in the ditch twice in the same day. Even the bank closed so the staff could get home safely.

Comment

Marie, When you have all the snow that you all get you just deal with it. That much snow here in Virginia and everything would be closed. Our school bus drivers would not even attempt to go out in that much snow. Those pictures remind me of growing up in Iowa and we just kept on going. It is all what you are used to. Rarely closed schools. Around here a couple inches of snow will close schools. People in this area are just not used to driving in snow and really aren't equipped to either. Years ago they would put chains on the school buses, but would not even consider that nowadays. Too worried about lawsuits. I imagine you have snow on the ground all winter. I am enjoying your snow pictures. Although I imagine you are tired of the snow.
                        Last edited by andy anderson; 02-09-2018, 07:38 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

I'm not believing what I just saw. There's an ice cream truck driving through my neighborhood. And no, it's not 80 degrees out.
                          Nutcracker fetishist.
                          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Ice cream is good any time of the year especially from an ice cream truck. We got up to 70 today. Then by Saturday night sleet and snow again.
                            Last edited by andy anderson; 02-15-2018, 09:07 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

I was warm today (got into the 60's) but I wouldn't remotely consider that to be ice cream truck weather. It was down to the 50's by the time the truck drove through.

LOL I've never seen an ice cream truck in the winter.
                              Nutcracker fetishist.
                              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

you know this is the best time to find chrstmas decor by peoples trash.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1026 users online. 3 members and 1023 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X