Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Chit Chat

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun NY Eve.

It was freeze your butt off cold here last night. Below zero. What a way to bring in the new year. It's been so cold that many of the trees that got iced over before Christmas .. still have ice on them. Last night the moon was almost full and some of the trees sparkled in the moon light. It was very pretty.

Well I just wanted to get this thread going. Here's hoping that 2018 will be a great year for everyone!
    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Happy New Year!!!
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Had a huge storm in these parts yesterday. Work was closed and the snow was coming down and the wind was really howling. A good day to stay indoors all bundled up. Of course then I had to go out and clear the driveway. It was almost an effort in futility because I'd get the driveway cleared and the snow or the plows would fill it in again. It sure was a good workout.

Along the coast they really got nailed. Super high tides and the water (and ice chunks) were going down roads, etc. To add insult to injury it got downright cold last night so everything wet froze up .. hard.

At least where I am the snow was the dry fluffy stuff. Some areas got the heavy wet snow and then the winds on top of it = power outages.

How many days until Spring?

Otherwise I'm glad it's the weekend. Wish I could stay in and hide from the frigid temps (they're talking -12 tomorrow night) but I have places to go tomorrow. At least it will be sunny out. The sun will help warm up the car.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
      Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Viktorija, -12 and here I thought single digits were cold here in Virginia. Add to that a 20 to 30 mph wind and it has been bitter cold here the past few days. Looking forward to next week and 40 degree temps. Our January thaw.

Comment

Andy, they're forecasting a January thaw here too. Looking forward to that. We're finally going to get above freezing on Tuesday. That'll be a heatwave for us. Last time we were above freezing was Dec 23. They're forecasting close to ... gasp! ... 50 on Friday!! Time to get out the shorts!!

Comment

Had another single digit night. Actually almost got down to zero. Now they are forecasting 60 by the end of the week.

Comment

We have had been below zero several days. I live not that far from Lake Michigan, so we get what they call Lake effect..so we have another 18 to 20 inches of snow. Now tonight freezing rain. The a bit of a warm up for a couple of days....
              Happy New Year every one!!!
              my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

Amazing what a difference a few days make. 9:00 at night and it is ... wait for it ... 58 degrees outside!!!! A far cry from those single digits just a few days ago. Of course it won't last. Big cold front coming through tomorrow. Tomorrow night back into the deep freeze.

Can't complain though. The thaw felt real nice. I saw people walking around in shorts and short sleeves. Of course it's been raining most of the day. Actually pouring. They're talking a couple of inches of rain. I'm so glad it's rain and not snow!! We don't have to shovel rain! LOL. And all that snow from last week. It's quickly melting. I actually can see grass in some spots. But like I said it won't last. With the cold coming in quickly tomorrow they're talking about a flash freeze. (meaning what's wet will freeze up) Good thing my car is in the garage.

Busy week .. as usual. Nothing exciting to report. Just super busy. I hope things were more exciting/interesting on your end.

TGIF!!!

Comment

That is about what we got yesterday in Virginia. It was 65 in the morning with rain and then temps steadily fell all day. Woke up to 30 this morning and windy. Oh well, typical weather here in Virginia. The ole saying if you don't like today's weather wait 24 hours and it will radically change. Looks like the highs of 30 will be the norm for the next week. Although it is much better than the single digits we had last week.

Comment

That's what we always say about New England weather. Wait 5 minutes and it will change again.

For anyone who is interested, Dept 56 has their new 2018 village pieces on their website.

In the news they were talking about some flooding being caused by an ice jam on a river. People were climbing all over the ice chunks that were jamming up at the bridge. Talk about an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

People will do anything for a thrill. Watch me, I have done this a hundred times. Bam. Trip to the ER. But then in my younger days I probably did things just as crazy.

Comment

Hope everyone is well and flu-free. Taking the last of the decorations down tomorrow (always leave a few about to keep the Spirit) and the year-round tree will of course stay up in my study. Hard to believe that we had single-digit temps two weeks ago and today it was 63.

Comment

I'm jealous. No temps in the 60's here. Yesterday alot of rain came through. It was supposed to get up into the 50's and many places did hit that. Except where I was. It stayed in the low 30's and we got alot of ice. Sure was a pretty drive home.

I took down the decorations at home. Still have to take them down at work. I want to take them down but I have to stay after work to do it and I just haven't had the time yet.

Comment

Had a good mixture of weather today. Started out with sleet, then snow, then freezing rain and then just rain. We have been dry and definitely need some moisture. Fortunately is was a gentle rain and did a lot of soaking into the ground with out much run off.

Comment

we got 8 inches yesterday, and am supposed to get a few more tonight, and on and off all week, I am sick of it being so cold too, ah well,, winter living in Lake Michigans shadow,
                              my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1180 users online. 4 members and 1176 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X