X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Whisper
    started a topic 2017 Chit Chat

2017 Chit Chat

At Falasben's suggestion we will be using an annual chit chat thread instead of monthly. I see several advantages so let's give it a try.

Well, sadly, that is about all I have to say. I guess I should get out of the house more. LOL.

• mariem
    replied
    Thanks Bethene for your comments regarding next year. I agree with your comments and I too am sorry there were hard feelings. I was not aware there was a problem and I hope the forum keeps going.

I didn't realise someone was going on a Christmas cruise. I would like to see some pictures too, especially the life sized gingerbread house.

Happy New Year everyone.

Marie

Leave a comment:

• andy anderson
    replied
    How was the Christmas cruise? Hope I didn't miss the post where you talked about it. Sounds like it should have been a lots of fun.

[QUOTE=MerryMunchkins;n185560],

I booked a Christmas cruise for the Munchkin and me. They will have a life size gingerbread house, made out of real gingerbread and real candy, onboard. I've heard it has the entire lobby smelling like gingerbread. I'm super excited about that! Looking forward to seeing, smelling and taking pictures in front of it.

Last edited by andy anderson; 01-04-2018, 06:07 PM. Reason: sp

Leave a comment:

• bethene
    replied
    Happy New Year to everyone, hopefully the forum will go on, next year if it no one else does, I will get the card exchange going, and also the ornament exchange, I missed doing them this year. Contests? I don't know. I feel bad there were hard feelings, I hope jimmy starts taking care of the forum, it would be a shame to see it endl

Leave a comment:

• mariem
    replied
    Well...it looks like I missed something here. I thought it had been quiet here lately but I didn't realise there was no moderator.

No wonder there have been weird postings that nobody seemed to be checking.

Ah well...

Marie

Leave a comment:

• SakiGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
    Hello all. In case anyone didn't get the message I have left the forum. While I no longer consider myself the moderator I was kind enough to remove as much spam as I could find today. Sakgirl was suppose to be my co-moderator but she never came back. And since Jimmy has no interest in this forum, which is why I left, I thought I should give you some tips.

First, aggravate the crap out of jimmy until he either takes part in this forum or sells it. Remind him he needs a new moderator. Make sure he trains the new mod. He taught Sakiegirl nothing, which is what she did.

In the past I have run the card exchange, gift exchange, contests, ornament exchange, etc. Since I will not be on here you will have to take charge and do it yourselves. None of it is hard. If you need help figuring it out I will do that for you. Just send me a private message and I will get it.

I hope all of you have a great Christmas. If you reply to me on this thread I will not see it as I do not monitor the forum posts.
    Thanks for the drama girl and throwing me under the bus , I have not been on in moths and you send me a pm you quit well
    i have no desire to be here with the attitude you just showed here so its yours
    so if any one wants the mod job its yours cause i Quite and will be spending my time else where
    good by guys I will be logging off now and will not be back ever

Leave a comment:

• Just Whisper
    replied
    Hello all. In case anyone didn't get the message I have left the forum. While I no longer consider myself the moderator I was kind enough to remove as much spam as I could find today. Sakgirl was suppose to be my co-moderator but she never came back. And since Jimmy has no interest in this forum, which is why I left, I thought I should give you some tips.

First, aggravate the crap out of jimmy until he either takes part in this forum or sells it. Remind him he needs a new moderator. Make sure he trains the new mod. He taught Sakiegirl nothing, which is what she did.

In the past I have run the card exchange, gift exchange, contests, ornament exchange, etc. Since I will not be on here you will have to take charge and do it yourselves. None of it is hard. If you need help figuring it out I will do that for you. Just send me a private message and I will get it.

I hope all of you have a great Christmas. If you reply to me on this thread I will not see it as I do not monitor the forum posts.

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    That was real nice of your friend.
    Craft shows are great. They always have such great unique stuff.

Leave a comment:

• mariem
    replied
    I got a nice gift from a friend over the weekend. One of my girlfriends was at a local craft fair where she lives and she found some goats milk soap and she knows it is the only kind of soap I use. The package smelled so yummy. There is a lemon grass scented soap, fresh squeezed orange, and blueberry scented soap, and a little change purse from her recent Hawaii trip. It is nice to get a "just because" gift out of the blue with a nice note that someone is thinking of you. It made my day.

Marie

Leave a comment:

• mariem
    replied
    Emily turned 6 yrs old the other day. Whenever one of our puppies has a birthday I make a pupcake for them. I bring pieces to work and share them with all the ladies who have puppies. Their dogs love the cake too. Harley is pouting because he was told to leave the cake alone until I could get a picture. Emily was licking her lips because she can smell the pumpkin and peanut butter in the warm cake. Spoiled mutts.

Marie
    Harley is putting because he can't have cake yet. Emily is licking her lips. She can't wait because she can smell the pumpkin and peanut butter in the cake.

Leave a comment:

• mariem
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	186546Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	186547Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	186548
    We have our Thanksgiving in October. We are spending our weekend staying close to home. We got about a foot of snow over the weekend and then it stopped snowing for a couple hours and then we got another 6-7". Got up this morning and there was more snow and I could barely get out of my driveway to go to work. I have back problems and can't shovel the driveway. It started to rain today so it is going to be icy on the roads and since it is cooler at night everything is ice in the morning. Too dangerous to be out on the roads. They closed over 100 miles of road d/t avalanche warnings so no shopping out of town.

The first two pictures are from my front porch after about 18 hours of snowfall.
    The third picture was taken from my office at the hospital looking out toward the covered deck where we have lunch.

Marie
    My yard after about 8 hours of snowfall. A little trail around to the deck. View of covered deck at hospital. Picture taken from my office.
    Last edited by mariem; 11-23-2017, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mariem
    replied
    Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
    I can't believe thanksgiving is next week. Wow .. time is flying by. What is everyone doing for thanksgiving? (besides overeating .. LOL)

I saw the hersey kisses commercial today. The one where the kisses are doing jingle bells.
    4 radio stations here have gone all Christmas. Gotta love it.

Yesterday my friend and I were at a garden center that has alot of Christmas goodies. They do such a nice job decorating too. I have a couple of pictures to share. Tomorrow my other friend and I are going to another garden center. They do a phenomenal job decorating and it's been my tradition to go every year to ooh-and-aah over everything. I'm looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend.

Name:	fan club r.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	186506Click image for larger version

Name:	fan club 1r.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	186507
    I am flying to Vancouver BC Dec 6-13th for Christmas and my sister is taking me to the Potters which I understand is a nursery that does awesome Christmas decorations. I am looking forward to it.

Marie

Leave a comment:

• cenote
    replied
    Can't believe I haven't been on forums for close to a year now. Happy Thanksgiving all

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    I can't believe thanksgiving is next week. Wow .. time is flying by. What is everyone doing for thanksgiving? (besides overeating .. LOL)

I saw the hersey kisses commercial today. The one where the kisses are doing jingle bells.
    4 radio stations here have gone all Christmas. Gotta love it.

Yesterday my friend and I were at a garden center that has alot of Christmas goodies. They do such a nice job decorating too. I have a couple of pictures to share. Tomorrow my other friend and I are going to another garden center. They do a phenomenal job decorating and it's been my tradition to go every year to ooh-and-aah over everything. I'm looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend.

Name:	fan club r.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	186506Click image for larger version

Name:	fan club 1r.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	186507

Leave a comment:

• Viktorija
    replied
    Interesting night the other night. A big storm roared through here. Inches of rain and ferocious winds. Lots of trees down and power outages. Fortunately no damage at my house and power did not go out. Other people are still waiting for their power to be turned back on. I went by some houses were a giant pine tree came down. Part of a tree landed on a car. Someone at work today was telling me that they heard about a retaining wall collapsing and crushing someone's brand new car. Glad no one was hurt. Because of the power outages and debris there was no school yesterday and trick or treating is postponed until Friday.

Some people wore costumes to work today. I really admire their creativity. They did a great job.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 933 users online. 1 members and 932 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
X