Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a dream last night we got 4-5 inches of snow. In August.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Today was "Total Eclipse Day" for everyone here in Oregon where I live. I did get the special glasses and watched it along with others from all over the world here to see the event. Now that it's over, everyone is leaving all at the same time and it's bumper to bumper traffic wherever you go.

NASA was all over the state today but mainly in Salem, where I live mostly located at the state fairgrounds. I myself had a clear view of the sun out in my front yard. All this built up excitement going on for over a year now, and in about 10 minutes......bam! it's over!

Hopefully I will be here in another 100 years to see the next one that comes over the U. S.

Comment

Even though it was a partial eclipse here people were still out in the parking lot with their special glasses taking a peek.

Going home the traffic was better than usual. Maybe they were all out your way Fals watching the eclipse!

People were talking about the one in 7 years which will be visible in parts of the area here.
        Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by MerryMunchkins View Post
          Hi Tori!!!!
          I'm waving back Merry Munchkins!
          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Had a full eclipse here in KC. Was pretty cool, it got pretty dark for about a minute or two, and when it did everybody cheered and somebody even set off some fireworks. Crickets started chirping about a half hour before the main sequence (it gradually got dark for a while) and when it got really dark all the street lights went on.
            Nutcracker fetishist.
            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Thx for the wave Tori.

Awesome PC! We saw a 97% eclipse. I watched the total eclipse in Columbia, SC on tv. Very cool to see how dark it got there! Made me wish I'd traveled there for the eclipse.

My munchkin and I went to a science museum, watched a film on eclipses, got some free solar viewers; then, went to my mom's house to watch the eclipse with her. Very cool day. Awesome memories with my munchkin.

I went online to purchase the 4.5 ft tree I'd been eyeing for our kitchen. It's sold out. . So, I had to settled for another tree.

I also purchased a pair of matching Christmas PJs for my munchkin and me.

I'm so excited for Christmas!

Comment

Just wanted to send some prayers to our CFC family in Texas who are dealing with Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey. Hope everyone is safe.

Comment

Yeah I hope everyone is safe!!
                  Nutcracker fetishist.
                  Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

well im back...was a hard year last year but even harder this year...wont go into it..too sad...but it was 79 on the cool side today finally ive had enough of summer heat already..bring on fall temps....hi everyone...

Comment

• Pumpkin spice lattes come out at Starbucks tomorrow - a sure sign Fall is just about here!
                      https://moneyish.com/ish/starbucks-p...ores-tomorrow/
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• The 'bers are here!!!!!
                        Nutcracker fetishist.
                        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• And a long weekend too!! Woo-Hoo!!!!

Comment

• Well it's Labor Day Weekend, and I hope everyone gets at least one day off sometime during the holiday celebration. It's funny as all of us were waiting for summer to start and now it's almost over.

School starts on the 5th here, and I have to remember to watch for school buses next week. Our Oregon State Fair is going on this week and ends on Monday. It's kind of cool at least for the concerts that big name entertainers come to perform. The price of admission includes the concerts on that day. They used to charge separately for them, but for the past several years it's included with entrance fee, which is only $8.00 to get in.

I haven't gone for years now just from the fact it's always the same, except for the concerts. But, there are always new people to see the fair especially the kids!

I don't really have much to talk about at this time, except the temps are going to be in the 100's for the next few days and we still have a lot of wildfires burning here in the state. We are dealing with a lot of smoke from the fires that come up from the southern part of Oregon. Which has the biggest fire right now and is the number one concern for the forestry department.

So I'm sure they will be issuing a air quality alert sometime tomorrow.

That's all folks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WintersElf View Post
                              well im back...was a hard year last year but even harder this year...wont go into it..too sad...but it was 79 on the cool side today finally ive had enough of summer heat already..bring on fall temps....hi everyone...
                              Hi Winterelf! I hope things get better/easier soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                                Just wanted to send some prayers to our CFC family in Texas who are dealing with Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey. Hope everyone is safe.
                                Ditto! I pray everyone is ok.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1834 users online. 13 members and 1821 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                                X