Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not even July and I'm already starting to look toward the fall. I've even got a mountains-in-the-fall photo on my computer desktop!
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Come on Christmas season! I REALLY miss how festive our home looks during the Christmas holiday season! My munchkin and I have been craving gingerbread cookies too. Maybe we'll try to make some gingerbread from scratch. Hmmm, probably not...I'm a horrible baker. Lol

Comment

Well it's 10 O'clock on the West coast and in two hours it will be July already! Our summer out here is just getting started weather wise anyway. Going to be a nice day on the 4th with temps in the mid 80's.

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel are already advertising their Christmas in July movies. Yeah, I know they can be a little sappy but if you want the love movies you watch Hallmark Channel and if you want more drama you watch Movies and Mysteries Channel. So they say.

No matter what we are looking at 5 months now till Christmas! Time to start sharpening your decorative skills and plan for what you going to do for decor, inside and out.

So it's now official . . . my son and his former fiance and former girlfriend (same person) have called it off for good. I know I said a while ago, that they had broken up, but they kind of figured things out and gave it one more try. But last week, my son had said that he's tired of waiting and since she wants to keep going to school and not think about any commitment they talked and called it off for good!

He seems to be a little happier now, and I think it's because they both agreed that it was best for both of them to say goodbye and move on with their lives apart. I mean, it's been 5 years they've been together and he just has had enough. There are some other issues beyond what I'm telling you, but that's between them and I won't go into it here.

I can say that he's been able to spend time with his friends that he hasn't seen in quite a while, and has been getting out and going on hikes with friends and just having a good time doing things he wants to do now.
        "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

Two weeks until Hallmark Ornament Premier! Half of their ornaments for the year will be available in stores that day.

Falasben, I hope your son continues to do well with this break up over time. As of now, it sounds like the best thing for him.
          Mark
          Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Click image for larger version

Name:	4th flag fireworks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	185713
            "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!!!
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Happy 4th!
                Mark

Comment

So, the weather forecast here for KC shows nothing but 90's and sunny for the next 10 days. Already starting to look forward to September!

I think I'll listen to some Christmas music today to cool me off.
                  Nutcracker fetishist.
                  Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

It was 114 here today.
                    Mark

Comment

Check out the forecast here for the next week!
                      https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...ery=64133&MR=1

Fortunately, 114 degrees isn't in the cards.
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

It was 50 years ago this month, that the governor of the State of Oregon who was Tom McCall at that time, signed "The Beach Bill" into law. The bill basically says that all Oregon beaches shall remain open and free for public domain. Meaning that all of some 400 miles of the coastline from Washington to California shall and always belong to the citizens of Oregon.

To this day, we are the only state in the continental U.S. that has this type of law in existence. There can be no private property from the wet sands up to and beyond the dry sands area of all beaches. No property owner or business can claim private property, blocking off access to the beaches. That is why when you come to Oregon, you will not see any fences going from the dry sand into the wet blocking a persons way across the beach path.

Now I'm not saying that there isn't any private property along the coast. What this means is that home owners and business owners or hotel companies can not build or block any access to the beaches. They can build along the beaches, but can only build to a certain distance to the beach.

What this means for us is that a person can walk along the beach and not be bothered by fences or some kind of obstruction in you pathway, unless it's natural. There are places along the beach you can walk and not see anyone at times. It's nice because everything is public access, and it's free.

So next time you come to Oregon, take a moment and visit the Oregon Coast. You will be able to walk anywhere you want and I think you will enjoy the time spent along our beaches!

Last edited by Falasben; 07-22-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

This is a test post to see if it shows up on whats new. Don't read it. LOL.

Comment

Too late, I already read it. ;-)
                            Nutcracker fetishist.
                            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1451 users online. 5 members and 1446 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                            X