Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been raining all week, with rain forecast for the next 5 days except for Friday which is supposed to be nice. Quit raining for a while this today so I decided to go to our annual Fireman's Parade this evening. It started raining about 15 minutes into it which was not too bad as we took umbrellas. Then it started lightening and they cancelled the parade. I felt sorry for all those floats that did not get a chance to be seen during the parade. Thanks to Face Book a lot of people posted pictures of their floats. As usual there were some nice looking floats. Two local high school marching bands actually rode in school buses and played sticking their instruments out the window. They kept dry.

Comment

Andy, I needed a little of that rain. I put some weed n feed down, because rain was forecasted. However, the rain never came.

Hi everyone! Things are finally slowing down for me...a little bit. So, I'm hoping to be back on here more.

I'm trying to get going on Christmas stuff for this year. I decided to add a 4ft Christmas tree to our kitchen this year. We have a gingerbread themed kitchen for Christmas. So, the kitchen tree will be a gingerbread themed tree. I ordered some gingerbread ornaments yesterday day. I'm excited for their arrival! I was going to order the tree yesterday, but couldn't pull the trigger. I think I will end up ordering it today though.

I booked a Christmas cruise for the Munchkin and me. They will have a life size gingerbread house, made out of real gingerbread and real candy, onboard. I've heard it has the entire lobby smelling like gingerbread. I'm super excited about that! Looking forward to seeing, smelling and taking pictures in front of it.

Meanwhile, I'm buying pool noodles like crazy, while they're in season, in anticipation for diy Christmas decorations.

PC - I hope your health issues are resolved soon and you start feeling better.

JW - sorry about your heartbroken son. I hope he's able to return the ring for a full refund.

Carstairs38 - I hope things slow down at work for you. I know what you mean though... I only work, because the Munchkin and I like to eat.

Falsben - I hope you are enjoying your new tv.

Comment

Hi everyone!

JW - Sorry to hear about your son. He should be able to get his money back on the ring, as long as it wasn't a special made one he designed. They usually don't take back special order rings. I am sad for him though especially after 7 years of being together. That's a long time but hopefully he will get over her in a short amount of time.

I just wanted to wish everyone a great Memorial Day weekend and get out there and enjoy yourselves! Remember those who gave there lives for this country, and those who are still serving today!

I'm breaking out the smoker for the weekend, and going to smoke some pork shoulder for some BBQ Pulled Pork! YUM!!!!!!!!

Well got to finish some chores before I can have some fun this weekend, everyone have some fun!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words about my son. He did return the ring for a refund. No problem. He seems to be doing a little better. He is coming to see us this weekend to do something fun, movie or firing range....just something to distract him. No other plans for the weekend.

Comment

Glad to hear that!
            Nutcracker fetishist.
            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Merry Munchkins, Your Christmas cruise sounds like it will be exciting, especially with the gingerbread theme. Your little one should really enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by andy anderson View Post
                Merry Munchkins, Your Christmas cruise sounds like it will be exciting, especially with the gingerbread theme. Your little one should really enjoy it.
                Thx Andy. Yes, I'm very excited about it! My little one is going to have so much fun on the cruise. My joy is in seeing him enjoy himself.

Comment

Spent the weekend with my family. At lot of driving but wonderful! That is as long as I don't get the rest of them sick. This stupid cough is keeping me up at night. Really wish I could sleep.
                  Mark
                  Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Watched the new Guardians of the Galaxy. LOVED IT! It was quite different from the first one, which is refreshing for sequels. Still very funny with a bit of sad thrown in.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-poster-and-teaser-trailer-released-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	185580

Comment

I saw that movie myself a week ago. Definitely lots of fun.
                      Mark

Comment

Well kind of like JW's son, my son has called it quits with his girlfriend/former fiance/now former girlfriend. They've been together for 5 yeas now, and as he stated, they gave it all they could and there's just nothing there anymore. So the flame has gone out, and he's moving on. My wife and I thought that things were getting back on track, as they went camping with some friends this Memorial Day weekend.

But something may have happened, we just don't know, but today our son let us know that they were finally finished. We didn't get to say goodbye to her or her son, and maybe that's a good thing. As my son didn't get to say goodbye either. He's back at our home now, and looks like he'll be staying for a little bit longer now. So we'll see!

I took the time this past weekend to do some maintenance on our air conditioner and cleaned it up. Sure was dirty, but it was a simple process, but time consuming. Took off years of built up layers of dirt off the coils and got some spray-on coil cleaner at Home Depot and for only about $6.00 and some time got it to run a lot better and much cooler in the house now. Runs much quieter also!

So I'm happier now that that's out of the way as we had some 90 plus degree weather these past few days.

Comment

Falasben, I am sorry about the break-up. They are the ones who broke it off about a year or so ago and then got back together, right? I guess they really did give it all they had. Sometimes you just have to call it what it is...done.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                            Falasben, I am sorry about the break-up. They are the ones who broke it off about a year or so ago and then got back together, right? I guess they really did give it all they had. Sometimes you just have to call it what it is...done.
                            Yes, that is correct. I think from what I could gather in information from my son, is that he just got tired. Tired of waiting and it just seemed to run out of steam. I think they just gave it another shot, but it just was that there was nothing there a second time around. Even though they didn't have the pressure anymore of the wedding, I think things just ran its course, and both finally decided to move on in different directions. Like you side JW, when it's done, it's done!

So on a lighter note, hard to believe that in a couple of weeks we will be seeing those tents go up around town getting ready to sell fireworks! Where has this year gone already we are now only about 6 months and a few days from Christmas, and next month "Christmas in July" sales will be going on.

I've already seen signs of our State fair going up which happens the last week of August into Labor Day. Summer hasn't even officially started yet. Then there's the talk about the eclipse happening this year, and Oregon is one of the places to see it fully. Going to be hard to find a vacation spot around here because things have been booked up for over a year now. Especially on the coast, and campgrounds. They opened up another 1000 camping sites in the state and all of those got booked up within about 3 hours.

So this is going to be an interesting summer this year.

Comment

I completed the Camp Pendleton Mud Run yesterday. 8th year in a row. Took longer than normal since I'm getting over being sick, but I did it!
                              Mark

Comment

Wow,been along time don't know how it happened,lots going on here my crafting and confection making took off then my repurpose items took off so yes a very busy lady and i am still involved with my rescue work.It's summer here and very hot and humid ac's run alot it's been awful but,when there are good days my furbabes and i spend time over in Vermont as i enjoy looking for things i can repurpose and i just love the shops but,today i went to QVC to check out new christmas preview and some new Valerie,gearing up for christmas in July.Doing bbq today cooking out on my grill but,eating inside where it's cool just too humid and the bugs have been bad this year.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2164 users online. 10 members and 2154 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                                X