This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
    My best friend and her 5 yr old son have been here a week. They are leaving tomorrow. It has been a busy week. And a very loud one. I discovered wine really is one of the five basic food groups. Fruit....right?
    Yes it is! Beer is also up there on the list, but my favorite is hard ciders now! Speaking about fruit, we have a really great winery here in Oregon called "Honeywood Winery". It is Oregon's oldest and longest running winery celebrating 75 years in business. They have made themselves famous for their fruit wines winning many awards throughout the years.

My favorite is the Marionberry wine. It's a hybrid of the Blackberry, and was developed right her in Marion County where I live. The winery helped develop the berry with the help of Oregon State University in their Ag department. And since then Marionberry is seen all over the place now. They do have a website you can go to to see their wines and they do ship all over the country as well.

It's great chilled over vanilla ice cream!

Comment

Spent the weekend with mystery authors and fans at a convention in the DC area. I had a great time. I just wish it weren't over already. Felt like I was only there for one day.
      Mark
      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Falasben, sounds yummy and I have never tried wine over ice cream.

Carstairs, The convention sounds like so much fun. I love things associated with mysteries.

Its been pretty quiet around here. Most exciting things this past week have been the purchase of a new vacuum cleaner and a new laser jet printer. It's pretty cool. The printer, not the vacuum cleaner. LOL

I have spent most of my free time just relaxing and making some bracelets and necklaces to add to my online store. It keeps me out of trouble. It has been cold and yucky here for the past few days so it gives me something to do while I am stuck inside. I think we are supposed to get our summer back starting today.

Comment

Well my new TV gets delivered on Monday between 10 and 2 PDT. Can't wait to get it and set it up! Told my wife they were shipping it by air, and she said . . ."so does that mean they just shove it out the plane as they fly over our house?" LOL! Well, I thought it was pretty funny! I told her I can tell she's been married to me for a while.

We both got a good laugh out of it.

Comment

Cool about the new TV, hilarious what your wife said.

Comment

My team won the ultimate Frisbee league yesterday! I haven't been on a team with a winning record in years, much less make the finals and win the entire thing!

Then I went to see a production of The Importance of Being Earnest. Love that play.

Today, I'm off to a book signing in a little while.
              Mark

Comment

Congratulations on the win.

Is it your book or are you going to someone els's book signing? What is the book?

Comment

It's someone else's book signing. I'm a huge reader so try to hit book signings for authors I like when I can.
                  Mark

Comment

We are experiencing some summer like weather here. Monday will be a high of 93 and then Tuesday back down to 85 like it is today. Wednesday, temps will drop down to 60 for a high. At this time of the year this is normal for us as we transition to summer.

So I've been doing yard work and moving plants out of the greenhouse I built last year. Thoughts of summertime fun is starting to creep in my head as we are planning out camping trips for the year. Then there's also the big event here in Oregon with the eclipse happening in August of this year. People from all over the world are planning to come here and watch it as it tracks right over our state heading west over the Pacific Ocean.

I told my wife, with all the money being spent to stay here to watch it, that will be the one day it decides to cloud up and rain! Fortunately, I don't have to spend a dime to get to see it. I live here already!

Comment

Earlier this month, I took two days off work because I was running a fever. After a week back at work, I came down with a fever and cough. My doctor thinks it is just a virus, but I've missed Monday and Tuesday so far this week, and I'm debating about tomorrow. Fever is down to very, very low, but I don't want to go back too soon and relapsing again since after next week, I can't take any time off work due to deadlines.
                      Mark

Comment

In the past several months I've ...

1. Dealt with what I think have been allergies that can be debilitating at times. This has been going on and off for about 15 years. Finally went to see an allergist who thinks it might be mold spore allergies but isn't sure.
                        2. Dealt with a stomach virus (this was in Feb or Jan) that gave me a couple days of really bad barf and Hershey squirts simultaneously.
                        3. Dealt with intestinal issues that I think may have been a lingering result of #2. Maybe.
                        4. Learned I have colitis which may (or may not) be a result of #3.
                        5. Dealt with something which I and my doctor thought was a hernia but which might be the result of #4. It got so bad a week ago this last Monday I checked into the ER, which is where I also learned about the colitis via a CT scan. However I'm starting to wonder if it really might be a muscle issue after all. Maybe. But I still definitely have colitis.
                        6. For the last week (ending today thankfully) had to take these antibiotics which were supposed to be for #4/#5 (prescribed at my ER visit), but which gave me intestinal issues which were worse than what they were supposed to help.
                        7. About the same time I was dealing with #1 I started getting this burning skin on the face and neck issue. It's subsided since, and I wonder if maybe it was something to do with the allergies? Maybe.
                        8. And in 2 weeks I have a colonoscopy scheduled, as a result of #3-#5, but which my doctor first recommended last year since I'm at the age where you should start getting one occasionally.

Fun!
                        Nutcracker fetishist.
                        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

PC, boy when it rains it pours. Wishing you good luck with the colonoscopy. Hope they come up with something.

Comment

Actually, I hope they don't come up with anything at all!
                            Nutcracker fetishist.
                            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Major celebrations in my family. All except my 26 yr old son. I feel so heartbroken for him as he is devastated. His girlfriend of 7 yrs broke up. He had just bought an engagement ring and was going to propose the end of the month. Our family cannot stand her and are glad to have her out of the picture. I think he will be so much better off in the long run.

That is all for meow!

Comment

Oh wow that would be a shock!

Hope the jewelry store offers money back guarantees on the ring!
                                Nutcracker fetishist.
                                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1864 users online. 9 members and 1855 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                                X