Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see you guys checking into the forum. I hope everybody will return soon so we can hang out together.

And congratulation's on the tournament.

Comment

We finally got some much needed rain here in Virginia. Got about an inch of gentle rain that soaked into the ground. Wrong time of year to be dry. Get some warmer weather next week and the grass should just pop out. Get some grass growing and I can stop feeding hay to the cattle.

Comment

Hey, if you want rain, I'll give you some! We just recorded the wettest season on record since 1999 here in Salem. You'll never guess what it's doing today. . . .more rain! But hey, it's Oregon.

We have a storm front moving in tonight with wind gust up to 40 mph and with more rain on the way throughout the weekend. But it is April and along with it comes May flowers (well that's what I was told by my parents when I was younger!). For those of you who don't get it, "April showers brings May flowers".

Got lots of projects to work on again this coming summer season, along with getting rid of all the moss that's grown this past winter. May around here usually means shorts and t-shirt weather as temps begin to get warmer. If it it's 60 plus for any length of time we consider that warm weather.

Just got news that we are getting a HomeGoods, and a Sierra Trading Post that will open Spring of 2018. In what it now known as the Lancaster Mall, which will soon be known as the Lancaster Town Center, which will be now called (another name change) to The Willamette Town Center.
        Owners say by making this last name change will broaden the appeal to more communities around the area to shop there.

For those of you back east, Willamette is pronounced ("Will-am-met") not (will-a-metty). These along with Hobby Lobby will be added to the center, so I'm excited to have these new stores come to town as I'm sure others will be as well.

Well that's it for now. . . .so long folks!
        "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

Work is going to kill me!!
          Mark
          Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Hello Everyone

Well it has been pretty busy for me lately. Work has been crazy. I just flew back yesterday from Vancouver where I was all week for a union workshop/training. I managed to get to the mall that was across the street from where I was staying and I got a couple Hallmark ornaments that were 90% off. Nice.

It is nice to be back home. I sure do miss my puppies when I am away.

Marie
            https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Happy Palm Sunday to everyone, or just Happy Sunday! Just thought I would take a moment to wish everyone a nice day today. The sun is shinning here and after the wind and rain storm we had since Friday, it's kind of nice for a change.

We had wind gust up to 50 mph and showers off and on. It ended up being the tail end of a tropical storm that came off the Pacific ocean. Mostly trees falling over and some downed power lines. There was a downed line in a town 20 miles south of us that had dropped across Interstate 5 and blocked both north and south bound lanes for pretty much the whole day.

But mostly trees and branches down on the streets throughout Salem area where I live. To be quite fair about this, it's really just kind of normal for Oregon weather and for that fact weather in the Pacific Northwest. I know that PC can back me up on this since he used to live in the Seattle area before he moved.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish everyone a really great day today! Enjoy it wherever you are!
              "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

Usually big storms like that happen in the winter in the NW.

In 2006 or 2007 we had a storm that made my power go out for 3 days. And of course there was a cold front coming through after the storm. One night I tried sleeping in the shelter in Bellevue, but let's just say, I'm never doing that again. Sleeping in my apartment in the freezing cold was preferable. After trying to stay in the shelter (which was in the gym in a high school) for a few hours, it was clear it was going to be impossible to sleep, so I called a taxi (didn't have a car at the time) and went home in the cold. Fortunately the power finally came back on several hours after I got home.
                Nutcracker fetishist.
                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

While my life is never quiet or lacking in things to do it seems to be quite lacking in things of interest to mention to anyone else. So here are the top 10 most "interesting" things in my life right now.

1. Got my 2000 Ford F150 painted last week.
                  2. Drained our pool so I could make some repairs on our pool light.
                  3. Fed my baby turtle a worm and some corn.
                  4. Played with my cats.
                  5. Took the dog with me to the hardware store.
                  6. Had a new set of allergy testing done. OK, that was not a fun day.
                  7. Went to Target and spent $300 on stuff I could live without. That WAS a fun day.
                  8. Bought a can of paint to test on the walls. Husband and I have been trying to agree on a color for 2 yrs.
                  9.Sleepover with grandbabies
                  10. See? My life is so boring I cannot even come up with ten things.

Comment

I've been feeling really crappy lately, been going on to some extent or another since about the beginning of March. I think it might be allergies but I'm not sure. Will be seeing an allergist a week from Monday.
                    Nutcracker fetishist.
                    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

At noon yesterday, I found out my deadline for the day was 3:30 instead of end of day. Yeah, it was a crazy afternoon. On the plus side, I didn't have to stay that late yesterday or stay late at all today.
                      Mark
                      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Installed a new thermostat the other day, and now the furnace will not start. Checked the wiring and called tech service for the thermostat and they confirmed that it was installed correctly. So now, I have to tear into the furnace itself. Hopefully it's just a fuse or I have to hit the reset button.

Fun part is I now have to move my son's stuff we're storing for him out of the way to get to the furnace. It's going to be a really fun weekend!

Good thing we have a fireplace to keep us warm at night till bedtime!

Comment

Originally posted by Falasben View Post
                          Installed a new thermostat the other day, and now the furnace will not start. Checked the wiring and called tech service for the thermostat and they confirmed that it was installed correctly. So now, I have to tear into the furnace itself. Hopefully it's just a fuse or I have to hit the reset button.

Fun part is I now have to move my son's stuff we're storing for him out of the way to get to the furnace. It's going to be a really fun weekend!

Good thing we have a fireplace to keep us warm at night till bedtime!
                          Well the weekend isn't so bad after all. I was able to fix the problem, as it was in the furnace. I had already replace the new thermostat with another replacement as per instructions from Honeywell. Installed the 2nd on and again nothing happened.

So into the furnace I ventured, and after some studying on the subject, I traced it to a blown fuse. So after 3 days of being cold in the house with no heat, I was able to replace it with a $3.49 box of fuses. I had to purchase the whole box as they didn't sell them individually. But hey. . . .$3.49 is a lot cheaper than having a service person come out and charge me at least $100.00 to tell me it's a blown fuse.

So the heat is back on and away we go!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 874 users online. 5 members and 869 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                          X