2017 February chit chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mariem View Post
    So Falasben...did your wife get the job?
    It ended up that another person dropped out for the interviews. So it ended up being 3 others besides her to interview for the position. She felt that she did pretty well during the interview and now they are deciding if they are going to have a 2nd interview for everyone or not. She was told that she would be notified within 2 weeks from the day of. So now we wait! The nice thing about these types of interviews is that all applicants get asked the same questions, and they get the questions before hand on the day of the interview.

The other great thing is that my wife had been doing a lot of the things the previous office manager had done. She was passing the work off to my wife before she retired. Which means she was working the job to an extent before the interview took place. We're on a wait and see basis now, and keeping our fingers crossed!
    "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
      Great news Falasben! I love Hobby Lobby, lots of great stuff. And you can see them start putting out Christmas stuff in June!
      Yeah, I can't wait! I'm holding my breath with anticipation, that's for sure! As for now it looks like they will be opening sometime in the fall if everything goes to plan for the construction in the building they will be moving in to.
      Last edited by Falasben; 03-06-2017, 02:12 PM.
      "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

Just in time for Christmas!
        Nutcracker fetishist.
        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Looks like I'm in for some exciting weather the next 2-3 hours. Whole area is in a tornado watch and there are now 3 tornado warnings around Topeka, with the storm line headed east.
          Nutcracker fetishist.
          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

We had snow again for yesterday! Ended up snowing overnight and woke up to about an 1" on the ground. Sad thing was, it was gone by the afternoon. Temps warmed up and started melting pretty fast. So I guess we'll see what happens for the rest of the month as local weather says we can expect snow sometime again during the month.

Don't forget. . . .Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend! We're springing forward as they say. We all get to lose that extra hour of sleep or as some see it, and extra hour of daylight.

Comment

I know. . . double posting, but where is the "Chit Chat" for March. Here we are pretty much half way through the month and nobody's started one, everyone is still on February's. Maybe the idea of making it a permanent "Sticky" throughout the year, instead of each month might work.

But hey, as I said before . . . it just a thought and no one would have to remember to start one each month. Or remember to start one in the middle of the month.

Comment

Falasben, that is probably a good idea. We can at least try it for awhile and if we find any reason not to like it we can always go back to monthly. So if anyone is looking for the March Chit Chat it will now be the 2017 Chit Chat

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1254 users online. 6 members and 1248 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                X