2017 February chit chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 February chit chat

Can't believe nobody's started one of these yet.

Was spring-like today. There were even some crocuses next to my building at work sprouting up today.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Chilly and windy in Virginia today. 60s & 70s. the rest of week. Certainly not typical winter weather.
    Last edited by andy anderson; 02-16-2017, 09:45 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

They are predicting 4 inches of rain for tomorrow.
      Mark
      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Still running the A/C or have doors and windows open. We had a very warm winter.
        Carstairs, that is a lot of rain.
        Andy, that is nice for Feb in VA.

I found a baby box turtle a couple weeks ago. Got washed into my pond during a big storm. She is so precious. About the size of a 50 cent piece. Named her Lady Bug.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6361.jpg Views:	3 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	185214

Last edited by Just Whisper; 02-27-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I didn't get washed away in the rain on Friday.

Spent Saturday at Disneyland. Had fun as always.
          Mark

Comment

• Just Whisper
            Just Whisper commented
            Editing a comment
            I am glad you did not get washed away. It is nice you get to go to DL. I have never been. I know I would enjoy it but I dislike large crowds, waiting in line, and spending that much money. I also do not like driving in the car for 10-12 hours with my husband. LOL. Other than that I am sure I would love it. My kids have all been over the years with other people and had a great time.
            It is a comfortable rainy day. Giving us a nice cool break from the hot temps this past week. I think I will do rainy day stuff. I don't know what that is yet, but I will do it.

Got my taxes done Friday night. Getting refunds from Fed and State this year, which is nice.
          Mark

Comment

Okay, seriously....did I do something to make everyone on here mad at me? I won't go into a lot of detail but I have tried to communicate with several people and I am being blatantly ignored.

If I did something please tell me, even if it is a PM. I try so hard to be positive and not say anything wrong. Did I say something that was taken the wrong way? Please help me here.

Comment

Sorry, I just noticed you sent me a PM several days ago! It's easy to miss that little notice when you visit the forum.

Anyway, my reply to your question is no, it's been a very long time since I did that and I didn't save anything in the meantime.
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Thanks PC. I forget not everyone has their message center set up to send an email when you get a message on here. Maybe the same thing happened to the others. At least I know you aren't mad at me. LOL.

Comment

For the last several days our local weather has been saying that we would get snow on the valley floor here where I live. Well yesterday it finally happened! It snowed for about 5 minutes and that was it. There were some outlying areas that got snow, but we were spared.

Now just back to normal rain off and on for the rest of the week. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for some nicer weather!

Also, my wife is interviewing for an "Office Manager" position at her work tomorrow. There were 10 people interviewing for the same job, but 5 have dropped out. So that just leaves 5, which includes her as well. She has been a manager before and she should be working at that level in the department she works in. The nice thing is that the position is for the department she works in right now, so it would be a nice fit for her and they wouldn't have to train her to get her up to speed.

So keep her in your thoughts and prayers that she gets the position!

Thanks everyone!
                  "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

My old abode near Seattle seems to be getting more snow than here in Kansas City. And to think I moved away from there to here to get more snow!
                    Nutcracker fetishist.
                    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Yesterday in our local newspaper, they announced that our city will be getting a Hobby Lobby this fall season. They will be moving into the space vacated by Macy's in the Lancaster Mall. Macy's closed that location during this last nationwide store closure they had recently. We still have another Macy's downtown here.

So now I won't be needing to travel out of town anymore to shop at a Hobby Lobby since this new one will be only about 5 minutes away from where I live! Lot's of people are pretty excited that they are coming to the Salem area! I know I can't wait, as Michael's moved out of Salem to another town just north of us. They moved to a newer shopping center located along Interstate 5, to a place called Keizer Station.

This will be a great addition to our city and will be located on a very busy street and in our very first mall built here in Salem years ago. The owners of the mall said that they will be changing the name soon from Lancaster Mall, to Lancaster Town Center. Don't really know why the name change, but I guess it brings it more up to date with other shopping centers around the area. They also announced that 2 or 3 more national retailers will be opening soon in the mall, but didn't release any names at this time.

Anyway, I'm excited and I expect it to be a success here as in other towns they've opened in!
                      "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

Great news Falasben! I love Hobby Lobby, lots of great stuff. And you can see them start putting out Christmas stuff in June!
                        Nutcracker fetishist.
                        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

A Hobby Lobby opened in my town last fall, and I have yet to visit it.
                          Mark

Comment

So Falasben...did your wife get the job?
                            https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1254 users online. 6 members and 1248 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                            X