2017 January Chit Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor kitty....it is a funny video though..poor baby.
    https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

I am so glad to see the comments listed by topic. Thank you.

Comment

Looks like we are finally done with the snow, at least for a while anyway! Temps are in the middle to upper teens for lows right now. Cold enough now to kill all the bugs like fleas, and such for when Springtime comes around!

Finally over my cold, but still have this nagging cough hanging on still. I guess in tie that will go away too. Air is really dry right now so makes throat really dry! At least by Sunday, things will start warming up a bit around here, and the rains will come again. In the meantime, I will be taking the last of Christmas down this weekend. The lights off the gutters, and will be putting them away till Christmas comes again.

Comment

The snow is finally gone, and we are back to good old liquid sunshine here in Oregon. Now everyone is worried about flooding, but it's in certain low areas only. Lights are off the roof (gutters) and are put away now as stated before in another post. The cough is pretty much gone, and it's good to be able to sleep though the night now.

I will say though that this is the first year that I can honestly say that, I'm kind of happy that the holidays are over. I'm also ready for Spring and nicer weather. I mean the snow was great, especially since we don't get it too often here. But it's time for it to move on, which it has. As I look at the calendar that we are about a month away from Springtime and I can't wait. This is one of the reasons I like living here is because we do get the seasons.

Anyway enough about the weather. I'm looking forward to getting ready in a couple of months to start thinking about the upcoming holiday season. I don't know if that means making something new or just putting out more of the same. So we will see!

Comment

Wow marie, that is a painful temp. I could not live any place that cold for very long. We ran our air conditioner for a while earlier this week and have been sleeping with our windows open. We sometimes get a few nights of freezing temps but usually not more than 2 nights in a row. I do kind of miss seeing snow on occasion. The humidity is so high today my feet are sticking to our hardwood floors. Oh, maybe I just need to mop them. LOL. It is 76 today.

Funny cat video. Cats and snow, what an awesome combination.

My husband gave me a MacBook Pro notebook last week. Not sure if I like it or not. Mostly not. It is not as intuitive as windows. Harder to navigate around. Too many places to look for stuff. I am getting use to it, but it takes me forever to do the simplest tasks.

Jimmy and I worked on the New Posts view last week and finally got it the way I thought most of you were asking for. Be sure to thank him. He puts so many hours in to getting this forum upgraded. You have no idea the time and money he is investing making it run more smoothly, adding features, (like the LIKE button some of you asked for long time ago), and little things you will never actually see.

Comment

The site, especially the New Posts, is looking good. Thank you to Jimmy & JW for all the hard work.

Jimmy I really do appreciate all the time and hard work you put in to this forum. I can barely use a computer so I cant imagine how much time you spend on this stuff.

Marie

Comment

There are still a few houses around me that have their Christmas lights up.
                Nutcracker fetishist.
                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I feel sicker today than I have in a long while. Throwing up, digestive distress and feel like I've got a bad case of the flu. Might even check into the hospital later. Bleh.
                  Nutcracker fetishist.
                  Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Hope you feel better soon, PC.

Comment

Thanks JW. Feeling a little better now, but still awful.

In other news ...
                      Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
                      I can't wait until January 21st. That's National Squirrel Appreciation Day!!
                      Tomorrow is National Squirrel Appreciation Day!!!
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Maybe I need to watch UP tomorrow.
                        Mark
                        Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

Glad to be back. I don't know why but I wasn't able to get onto the site for a couple days.

Marie

Comment

Well this has been a frustrating day. I lost my Fitbit today so there goes $200. I had it on this morning and I am pretty sure I had it when I got to work. I got called to the OR today and while I was in there someone asked me for the time. When I lifted the sleeve of my lab coat to check the time I noticed the Fitbit was missing. I backtracked from my office and all through the hospital but I couldn't find it anywhere. I put the word out to all the departments that I had lost it in case someone turns one in. I am crossing my fingers that someone will find it and be honest enough to bring it to the nursing station, clinic or admin office.

When I got home I was walking outside to go to the basement entrance to light the stove and I slipped and fell on the ice. I totally wiped out and landed flat on my back and slammed my head on the ice just barely missing the corner of the cement step by the basement door. I almost slid under my sons truck. Well my bell was well and truly rung and I am achy and my head is pounding. About an hour ago I decided to turn on the tv to listen to the news and realised I couldn't see the tv so I went looking for my glasses. I banged my head so hard I didn't even realise I had lost my glasses. I turned the house upside down a couple of times and couldn't find my glasses so I got a flashlight and went outside to look and I found them in a snow bank where I had slipped. My meds are finally kicking in and the headache is getting better but I am pretty sore. I hope I don't stiffen up during the night because I have to drive out of town tomorrow to do some shopping.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Marie

Comment

Ouch! Hope your head gets better mariem!

As for that lost $200, I can beat that from this weekend. Long story short, on Sunday I finally decided to go somewhere about my stomach ailment. At first I went to a walk-in clinic but the wait was about an hour-and-a-half. So I said forget that. I then went over to the nearby Truman Medical Center. I was thinking I had no deductible on my insurance for services at the Truman Medical Center, but it turned out that was only for office visits. BEFORE I learned that, I went to the ER. The initial wait was only 5 or 10 minutes, but in the end I probably spent more time there than I would have had I gone to the clinic. When the doctor finally got around to seeing me, he told me he's been getting about 4 patients a day just like me for the last month. And there was nothing he could do, just told me to drink Gatorade and eat some yogurt. After that, I learned that my no-deductible did not count for ER visits, and so I had to pay a $300 deductible.

So basically I spent $300 to have a doctor tell me he couldn't do anything and to drink Gatorade and eat yogurt.
                              Nutcracker fetishist.
                              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Our son arrived from CA yesterday, the weather is beautiful and warm, and the only complaint I have is I have dirty dishes I don't want to wash. Life is good.

Marie, sounds like a nasty fall. I am certainly glad you were not seriously injured. I hope your head feels all better soon.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2119 users online. 12 members and 2107 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                                X