Random cleaning question... (Do you enjoy it?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random cleaning question... (Do you enjoy it?)

Today I had some family over from out of town. This was in mid afternoon. They weren't staying long just popped in to say hi.

Anyways, I was in the middle of cleaning and they commented on that I looked happier cleaning than I did at my Birthday dinner.

Well it dawned on me, I really enjoy cleaning. I never really complain about it. I have a pretty clean house and I am a bit anal when it comes to having things in order... Am I weird? Does anyone else enjoy cleaning?

Originally posted by Britanica View Post
    Today I had some family over from out of town. This was in mid afternoon. They weren't staying long just popped in to say hi.

Anyways, I was in the middle of cleaning and they commented on that I looked happier cleaning than I did at my Birthday dinner.

Well it dawned on me, I really enjoy cleaning. I never really complain about it. I have a pretty clean house and I am a bit anal when it comes to having things in order... Am I weird? Does anyone else enjoy cleaning?
    When it comes down to it, I really, and I mean really hate cleaning! After being in retail for umpteen years, I had to clean all the time, and I didn't want to come home and clean later.

My wife would get really mad at me because I would take my time when cleaning the house. I told her that it was because I cleaned all the time when I was at work, and I didn't want to come home and clean some more. She said . . . well you should be really good at it!

I told her you just don't get it, do you? Retail work isn't just selling product, it's cleaning as well. Displays, stands, shelves, you name it! Sometimes your cleaning all day depending on what there is to do for that day.

So NO! Even to this day, I hate cleaning!!!!!

Comment

Ehh I don't hate it but I don't enjoy it. My wife does most of the cleaning in the house. She tells me as long as I clean up the small things (putting my clothes in the hamper, rinsing my dishes after I use them, ect) she don't mind doing most of the cleaning.

I have to cut the grass, snow blow, and take out the trash. The rest is her's to enjoy! lol

Comment

Hmm I am not sure how to answer this. It is not that I enjoy it but I enjoy having a clean house so I do clean all the time. So I guess I like the end result? Which makes me want to clean more?

I really don't know haha. I do know that I have one of the cleanest places in town! People can eat off my floor

Comment

I think I am like Ryan. I don't like it and I don't hate it but I love the end result of it. Like being able to have a clean home all the time, that is a huge reward. I grew up in a house that was a bit messy and nothing matched so I am quite anal when it comes to cleaning and colors matching with decor.

Comment

I hate it... I HATE HATE HATE IT! Thankfully my mom and my boyfriend are both clean freaks. I hardly ever have to clean anything in my house haha I just can't stand it and I think it is because my mom was so strict on me as a kid.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2116 users online. 12 members and 2104 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
            X