Do you celebrate the seasons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you celebrate the seasons?

And by celebrate I mean with food and decor. I love doing this, specially for fall. I will change items in my house to suite the season.

In Spring, I bring in a lot of color to offset the gloomy rainny days. Summer, I tone the color down and focus on sea colors like blues and sea greens.
    In Fall, I will bring in the oranges, yellows, and the like and just have my house almost blend with nature outside... And in the winter it is mostly focused on beautiful greens and light hues since the green outside is on vacation lol

My wife does something like this to our hour but she still does the Christmas decor and colors. We tend to only change things up for Summer and Winter though.

Comment

I think I do but not going out of my way for it. In the fall I spend a lot of time outdoors. I go on hikes, bring in cool findings for my table display, have bonfires... ect.
      In the summer I think everyone celebrates that by just being outside more, swimming, grilling, tanning, all that fun stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0sty View Post
        My wife does something like this to our hour but she still does the Christmas decor and colors. We tend to only change things up for Summer and Winter though.
        I remember growing up my grandmother always did this. Every 4 months it would change in her house. As she got older she stopped doing it so much but I always enjoyed seeing it. She would change out the curtains, the rugs, and everything like that too. I think she even got special sofa covers for the seasons as well but if my memory is serving me correct, her dog she had when I was a kid (Max) tore them up lol

Comment

I think I do but not with decorations. I just celebrate all the holidays and enjoy the foods with the seasons. I love to change a few things out for summer and winter but that is about it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1462 users online. 6 members and 1456 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
          X