Do you like water?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like water?

I got in to an argument today over water, believe it or not! Someone told me that water tastes no different from other water.
    I am an avid water drinker and that is basically all I drink so I can taste the difference between waters BIG TIME, specially bottled and filtered water.

Anyways, do you like water? Whether you do or not, can you taste a difference between two waters? I swear this is only said by people who hate drinking it.

The water here in Kansas City definitely tastes different from the water in the Seattle area where I used to live. I don't think it tastes any better or worse, but it's definitely different.

Of course I like water, I drink lots of it. In fact I'm drinking some of it right now.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What a funny thread to start. Hehe.
      I hate drinking water. I don't like the taste. My husband says water has no taste, but I know he's lying. I can tell the difference between about any different type. Our house water is filtered but still tastes blah. Our fridge water is double filtered and it tastes good (for water). But I still hate drinking water. But in all fairness to water I don't like drinking anything. I sometimes go 2 days without drinking anything.

Comment

Normally one would think that water does not have any taste at all. But depending on where you live there is a difference. Well water, spring water, bottled water, filtered, mountain fresh water, city water, these all have different taste. A lot depends on how much minerals are in the water you drink.

Where I live here in Oregon, our city has been in the top 5 cities across the U.S. the last couple of years. I guess there is competition on how water taste from different areas in the country. Last year or the year before, we were in the top 2 or 3 of cities for best tasting water, which means there should not be a taste! The funny thing is that you go a few miles to a city that connects to the one where I live and the water taste really different.

For me in general, water has to be really cold for me to enjoy it. Yes, I can drink warm or room temp water, but I like it better when it's cold! That's why I like the late fall and winter months cause it comes out cold from the tap in the kitchen right from the faucet! So yeah, I guess you could call me a water drinker as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
          The water here in Kansas City definitely tastes different from the water in the Seattle area where I used to live. I don't think it tastes any better or worse, but it's definitely different.

Of course I like water, I drink lots of it. In fact I'm drinking some of it right now.
          I am not sure which way it is around, I am going to assume Seattle is the one... But one of those two was on a hard water list and one was on a softer list. From my understanding, hard water tend to have a more metal taste that most people don't enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
            What a funny thread to start. Hehe.
            I hate drinking water. I don't like the taste. My husband says water has no taste, but I know he's lying. I can tell the difference between about any different type. Our house water is filtered but still tastes blah. Our fridge water is double filtered and it tastes good (for water). But I still hate drinking water. But in all fairness to water I don't like drinking anything. I sometimes go 2 days without drinking anything.
            2 DAYS!? Do you eat a lot of fruit or vegetables? I go like 6 hours without a drink and I feel like I am on the verge of death lol

Comment

• Just Whisper
              Just Whisper commented
              Editing a comment
              On those days I probably do eat a lot of foods with liquids in them. And it does make me feel crappy and causes anxiety but I don't like drinking liquids. I pay for it.

Originally posted by Falasben View Post
            Normally one would think that water does not have any taste at all. But depending on where you live there is a difference. Well water, spring water, bottled water, filtered, mountain fresh water, city water, these all have different taste. A lot depends on how much minerals are in the water you drink.

Where I live here in Oregon, our city has been in the top 5 cities across the U.S. the last couple of years. I guess there is competition on how water taste from different areas in the country. Last year or the year before, we were in the top 2 or 3 of cities for best tasting water, which means there should not be a taste! The funny thing is that you go a few miles to a city that connects to the one where I live and the water taste really different.

For me in general, water has to be really cold for me to enjoy it. Yes, I can drink warm or room temp water, but I like it better when it's cold! That's why I like the late fall and winter months cause it comes out cold from the tap in the kitchen right from the faucet! So yeah, I guess you could call me a water drinker as well.
            I actually noticed the taste difference just by drinking/tasting my own and then going to a friend's house and having her water. She lives about 35 minutes away. It is strange how that can happen in one state.

I think there is something to the pluming as well. Like in the house I am in now, it tastes very, ehh metal-y. Like I feel like no matter what I drink it from, I get the same taste as you would from licking a soda can.

I have to buy bottled water. I love water but I am picky with the taste and what is in it. One of the best tasting to me is Fuji but it is waaaaay too expensive.

Comment

LOL I couldn't help but click on this thread. I remember the first date I was on with my boyfriend, he ordered just a plain old water and I ordered some insane tea sugar filled drink. I didn't want to say anything mean or come off as mean so I just said, "You are the first date I have had that didn't order a beer or some soda". He then pauses and asked "Do you like water?". haha

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1656 users online. 7 members and 1649 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
              X