2016 December Casual Chit Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 December Casual Chit Chat

Where is Tori? She is late starting this thread. haha.

I have nothing to say yet so here is a pic of some kitties
    Click image for larger version

Name:	35580-Cute-tabby-kittens-asleep-in-a-Santa-hat-white-background.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	183235

Save

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
    Where is Tori? She is late starting this thread. haha.

I have nothing to say yet so here is a pic of some kitties
    Click image for larger version

Name:	35580-Cute-tabby-kittens-asleep-in-a-Santa-hat-white-background.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	183235

Save
    Cats......you're just like my daughter! We have 5 of them, do you want a couple of them? LOL! Anyway, I just had to say something cause I have to put a lid on it cause the whole house would be full of cats if I'd let her get away with it. It was bad enough at one point we had 4 dogs, 7 cats, and an array of other crawling type creatures (in their cages) at our home. Most of these animals were rescue dogs and cats that we brought into our home.

But things are slowing down some now and it's just the 5 cats and now just 2 dogs, and that's enough for me!
    "Remember, if Christmas isnít found in your heart, you wonít find it under a tree.Ē ~ Charlotte Carpenter.

Comment

I adore cats but I found that 3 is my comfortable limit. Since my daughter moved back in yesterday I inherited a third cat (who actually grew up in our home), a blue heeler dog, a HUGE snake, a little fish, and a couple hermit crabs. Plus an adorable mini me.

Comment

Awwww. Purrrr ....
        Nutcracker fetishist.
        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I wake up to four cats every morning. Oh the pain, the pain.......

Comment

Grinch, do they make biscuits on your chest and poke you in the face with their claw until you get up?

Comment

hello, been a while since I posted, I read a lot of things but usually have much to say,, got my tree up, and the out side lights and most of the decor.... love having a tree up...

I have 3 cats of my own, ( just lost one of my babies about a month ago, so very hard) My son moved home a few years ago, and he has 4 kitties, but they don't get a long with mine so they live in my basement, love all those fur babies too.....
              Falasben , I sadly would be like your daughter. but have to deal with hubby, he adores all animals, but has more control and common sense when it comes to getting more, If left to my self I would be the crazy cat lady!
              my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

RIP bethene's kitty. :-(
                Nutcracker fetishist.
                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Originally posted by bethene View Post
                  hello, been a while since I posted, I read a lot of things but usually have much to say,, got my tree up, and the out side lights and most of the decor.... love having a tree up...

I have 3 cats of my own, ( just lost one of my babies about a month ago, so very hard) My son moved home a few years ago, and he has 4 kitties, but they don't get a long with mine so they live in my basement, love all those fur babies too.....
                  Falasben , I sadly would be like your daughter. but have to deal with hubby, he adores all animals, but has more control and common sense when it comes to getting more, If left to my self I would be the crazy cat lady!
                  I am sorry to hear about your fur baby.
                  https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Sorry to hear about the cat Beth. Great to see you again though!

One of the Ferrel cats in my neighborhood had kittens in my side house in late September. She had 4 kittens. The mom would be the kitten of the kitten that originally had cats in my side house. So now I have Grandkittens I think. Or maybe it was another cat. They are ALL black cats and it is really hard to tell. ANYWAY, this time I decided that the kittens needed to become tame so I started spending time with them. Momma kitty let me, and I had 4 kittens in my house after they weened. 2 all black ones (they found new homes) a calico and a black and white one. I have a soft spot for black and white kitties. So now I have "Pumpkin" and "Sylvester". Pumpkin is a female and Sylvester is a male. I will have to share pics here soon. Pumpkin is in great health, but poor little Sylvester has a bad heart murmur. Sylvester is very small for his age and will need some medical attention. I don't have the money for that, but I do have a friend that LOVES cats!!! LOVES THEM! I am going to send him a picture of Sylvester and put on the picture "Hi, My name is Sylvester. I have a heart murmur. Will you help?" I am pretty sure that Sylvester will be very healthy very soon! (I know my friend too well!)

Onto other things!

As some of you know, I run a movie theatre that has the big recliner seats, reserved seating, and we sell alcohol. We are very busy here in Las Vegas with that. Well, the seats are 3 years old now, and "Good Leather" doesn't last forever! And cheap "Pleather" lasts even less. We have been very busy replacing parts of these seats over the last few months with new parts. And by "WE" I mean "ME" of course.... Hey, it's great exercise! And after all good workouts, you hurt like HECK!!! I got home about an hour ago and I may call in sick tomorrow! But the replacements need to be done and honestly, I only trust myself and a helper to do it right.

It's Great to be Back!
                    World's Best Manager

Comment

Beth, sorry! I had to give up three of our pets when our home got foreclosed on last year. I fully get it. But, now we have a dog and two hamsters. Funny how life happens I say.

I swear, I went through this entire strand. Each light I pulled out and put back in. Oh, I didn't check the fuse! My thumb is so sore, will I learn for next time?

Comment

Hi Beth, I am so sorry you lost another cat. First Joey, now this one. How heart breaking. And i know it has been awhile since Joey died but it seems like just last year. Same with my Babycat.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                          Grinch, do they make biscuits on your chest and poke you in the face with their claw until you get up?
                          No. They are locked out behind a closed door. They do try to turn the knob, though.

Comment

We're finally getting some snow! Got a good dusting so far.
                            Nutcracker fetishist.
                            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I am totally off my routine this year. It's funny how you get into a routine and then poof! and you feel like you are blowing around trying to get some legs under you. My house is usually full of decorations and I will have made a ton of cookies by now. I made a new owl wreath the other day and I hung the pinecone wreath on the front door but other than that there isn't a decoration in site and we are already a week into December. I have been so busy at work and fighting a cold but that always happens so I don't know why I feel so at a loss.

My son is going to be away at his work (camp job) for the third year in a row and as much as I enjoyed the smaller gatherings I have had at my home the last couple of years I decided this year will be different. I have been feeling the need to connect with a few people who I have not had a chance to spend quality time with so I am going away for the holidays.

I am going to fly to Vancouver to visit my siblings. We are all in our 50s, except for the baby sister who is 13 years younger than me) and we have never spent a Christmas together. I was raised by my grandparents from the time I came out of hospital when I was born. My siblings were raised down south (Vancouver area). My brother Rick was estranged from the family down there for about 30+ years and had starting connecting again in the last year. He has called me over the years but I have only seen him in person twice since he was about 14 years old so I am very happy to be seeing him. He knows I am coming for a visit because we have been talking and texting. My mother knows I am coming because I am staying with her and my baby sister knows I am going. She is the only other sibling that doesn't live in Vancouver, she lives in Kelowna. My four other siblings don't know yet that I am coming so that will be a surprise. I decided not to tell them because my two sisters have a bad habit of trying to plan out every minute of my visit and on this trip I am planning on reconnecting with each sibling, and a couple of cousins, individually and not just as a big group. I don't know if it is because of all the health issues I have had over the years that is making me nostalgic but I really feel a need to spend some quality time with each of them. So I got someone to house/puppy sit while I am away. So no baking, no decorations yet, no Christmas village, no tree up yet. It feels so weird. People that I run into on the street and at work ask if my house is a Christmas wonderland yet and when I say nothing is up yet I have been getting a lot of sideways glances. This was supposed to be the year of my white, gold, and silver tree with beautiful delicate ornaments and I was already planning on gathering stuff for a peacock tree for the next year but now all my plans are on hold. I guess that just gives me more time to find all the beautiful treasures for those trees since I am not doing it this year.

My house/dog sitter is a bachelor friend of my sons so who knows what kind of shape my house will be in when I get home. Our older dog Emily (she is 5) is good with decorations but because of the new 6 month old puppy Harley (70 lb Newfoundlander) I am going to put up the oldest tree I have (it almost went to the dump last year) with dollar store decorations so that if the tree, or the decorations, gets damaged while I am away it won't freak me out. I am trying to have a stress free holiday season after all. Who knew NOT decorating would be so stressful?

Marie
                              Sorry or the rambling post.
                              Last edited by mariem; 12-07-2016, 04:37 PM.
                              https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1242 users online. 6 members and 1236 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X