Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas and Tutorials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas and Tutorials

One of the things I really love about Christmas is watching others unwrap their gifts. I would much rather give than receive.

When I lived at home my mother and I sat in the middle of the living room floor and spent all evening wrapping gifts. We worked hard making each one special and tried to be creative. I still love making the outside of the gift just as special as the inside. I almost never use store bought bows. Packages are tied up in beautiful and colorful ribbons tied into bows. Some are fancy, some silly, some are just cute. I love the oooohs and awwwws as recipients look at their gift and don't want to unwrap it and mess it up.

This year I tried some new ideas. I made pinwheels from paper and used them in place of bows. I made packages look like animals. And used new techniques for putting names on them. Here are photos of some of my favorite creations this year.

.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6146.JPG Views:	1 Size:	177.4 KB ID:	184518Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6147.JPG Views:	1 Size:	174.0 KB ID:	184519

The pink gift on the left was made using a set of plastic gingerbread decorations I bought at Hobby Lobby.
    The snowman is a glass canister covered in white tissue paper. A black top hat is created from card stock, as is the carrot nose. I used a marker to make the eyes and mouth. A red ribbon went around the hat and I added a paper holly cut out. His scarf is a piece of wired ribbon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6145.JPG Views:	1 Size:	207.6 KB ID:	184517

The red package has a tree made from raffia wrapped around five times. The bottom is spread out and the top is gathered with a ribbon tied into a bow.
    Bottom left is a puppy. It was suppose to have black ears with pink insides but I goofed. Eyes and nose are black paper, as are his spots. I used black marker for the mouth and whiskers. I tied a ribbon around the neck and made a dog tag with the recipients name.
    Top right, I used white crinkle ribbon wrapped carelessly around the package about six times. I made a pinwheel from card stock and glued it to the package. You can find tutorials online for making pinwheels if you don't know how.
    The pink plaid package is hard to see but it is simply the recipients name written on the front in pink puffy paint.
    Far right...well. this was suppose to be a kitty but came out looking more like a rabbit-hamster. haha. Like on the puppy I used foam to make the ears, and also the nose. I think I made the tail from a puffball of ribbon.
    Little green one just has white crinkle ribbon wrapped around several times with 3 or 4 small bells tied in the center, small gift tag tucked under the ribbon.

Save

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6148.JPG Views:	1 Size:	226.2 KB ID:	184520

This green and gold box is the same tree technique I used above using raffia but I placed a bow at the top, extending over the edge of the box, instead of ribbon. I added a decorative bottle brush wreath and matching tag.

I know there are hundreds of gift decorating ideas online, but if you have pictures or descriptions of creative wrapping that you personally use please share it with us. I would love to see it or hear about it. We can make this a tutorial of gift wrapping ideas.
    Save
    Last edited by Just Whisper; 12-28-2016, 04:06 PM.

These are fantastic! I am the same way. I get more excited about giving gifts than receiving them. I think I have been this way since I was a teen. I just got let down so many times lol
    I know that sounds bad but hey, it made me enjoy giving more so there is a win there! I will have to up my game next year, these look beautiful!

Comment

Aww what cute ideas! I normally don't get too fancy with gift wrapping since I tend to waste paper which is unfortunate lol I would love to make some of those little kitties though!

Comment

Thanks sammy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1467 users online. 10 members and 1457 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
        X