Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake

This Carrot Cake recipe is really straight forward and is probably the best tasting Carrot Cake I or my wife have ever made! This is another recipe that has been passed on to us from a friend of my wife's and she has baked this cake for a many special occasions. I can even say that my wife actually won a blue ribbon in a contest she had entered years ago! Granted it was a local contest, but a blue ribbon is a blue ribbon. So I've rightly named it "Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake".

I guess the real problem I always have with this cake is that it's so good it doesn't last very long. The other thing is that when my wife bakes this cake, it's always for someone else who has a birthday or some kind of celebration going on and she can never bring me a piece home because everyone who tries it, loves it and there's nothing left. So during the holidays, I always try to snag at least one piece before it's all gone! It's That Good!

Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake . . .

Begin prepping by grating enough carrots to make 3 Cups, which will be added as the last ingredient to add to recipe.
    Next preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Now to Start:
    *2 Cups of Sugar
    *4 Large Eggs
    *1-1/2 Cooking Oil (favorite brand)

Mix thoroughly until well blended.

Next add:
    *2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
    *1 Teaspoon of Salt
    *3 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
    *2 Teaspoons of Vanilla

Again, mix until blended.

Last two ingredients to add:
    *3-3/4 Cups of all purpose flour (favorite brand)
    *3 Cups of grated carrots

Mix until all ingredients are blended well. What you should end up with is a nice smooth, and somewhat semi-thick liquid mix. This is enough to fill 2 standard size cake pans for making a layer cake.

Pour mix into 2 pie pans that have been coated with shorting and a light dusting of flour, covering the pan evenly.
    Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when testing the center of cake to see if it is done.
    If toothpick comes out clean then remove cake so it can cool.

While the cake is cooling, you can now proceed to making the icing for the cake.

The Icing:

*1 Cup of either soften butter or margarine
    *1 pkg of Cream Cheese (favorite brand)
    "NOT SOFTENED"
    NOTE:
    This is an important step as a softened cream cheese will somewhat liquefy the icing and make it impossible to use on the cake.

Next Ad:

*1 Pound of Powered Sugar (favorite brand)
    *1 Teaspoon of Vanilla

Mix well until all blended, then cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
    When ready to use, remove from fridge, and let set out for a few minutes to acclimate somewhat to room temperature, to take chill of slightly.
    Remove cake from pans and turn bottom layer upside down and spread a layer of icing on top of bottom layer.
    Then place upper layer on top of bottom layer, and proceed to ice the cake on top and all around.
    And then your done!

Place finished cake in a cake holder with lid to keep fresh and enjoy!

I warn you that this cake is going to be one of the richest cakes you've ever tasted! So make sure you taste buds are ready to go!
    I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do, and as always . . . "
    Happy Eating"

PS . . . I will try to post a picture when we bake this cake for our family Christmas dinner so you can see how good it looks (if I can get to it before it's all gone!)

Thanks Falasben. I am going to try this recipe. I am going away for Christmas but I have saved the recipe.

Marie
    https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

Originally posted by mariem View Post
      Thanks Falasben. I am going to try this recipe. I am going away for Christmas but I have saved the recipe.

Marie
      I really think you're going to love this cake! One of the things you notice is that there are no raisins in the recipe. My wife and I are not big raisin eaters although I was when i was young, I was always eating them. Maybe that's why I don't eat them now, just got burned out on them. So don't add any to this recipe, as it will through the taste off. Other than that I hope your enjoy the cake when you make it!

Have fun away seeing family on your Christmas get away!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. My wife has been searching for some new recipes to try, I'll show her this one.

Comment

Originally posted by pol.bishop25 View Post
          Thanks for sharing. My wife has been searching for some new recipes to try, I'll show her this one.
          I'm pretty sure she will like it! The problem is if she's like my wife, I can never get her to bake one just for our family. Everyone at her work or friends get to share in the tastings of it! I always have to beg!

Comment

made gushing media down to earth and moderate for customary buyers. Remain solitary Internet radio gadgets rose to offer audience members a no-PC alternative for tuning in to sound streams. These sound gushing administrations have turned out to be progressively prominent over late years, as spilling music hit a record of 118.1 billion streams in 2013. tvad.me/pair

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2057 users online. 6 members and 2051 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
            X