Decorations....50 mph wind....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorations....50 mph wind....

We have enjoyed temps in the high 60's, 69* yesterday dropping its in the 40's now)
    all y'all up north is sending the wind our way (LOL).
    Today we are having over 50 mph wind gusts, it ripped one of my foam ginger man off the slide and ripped the plywood off the pipes ( liquid nail and gorilla glue). So sad but I went out and took everything down until this goes away. On the bright side no snow!
    Attached Files
    AUTISM; Support, Educate, Advocate, Love

Sorry your pretty decorations got damaged, mam-maw.

You could just put the gingerbread man back out like he is with a sign that says: "Oh, snap!"

Comment

Dag thats not good sorry to hear!
      Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

We do the same, anything that is removable whether by wind or vandals we put in the garage and every night at 5 pm I have setup to do. Sorry about Ginger...

Comment

We just went through some big winds here were I live. Second wind storm in a couple of weeks. Wind gusts up to 60 mph and averaged about 45 mph sustained. I ended up taking some banners down that I had up, cause last year Thanksgiving I lost a banner to the wind. Never found it, I think it's in the land of "OZ" somewhere. So now I'm more cautious.

Comment

We had 40 mph winds yesterday but only minor damage. Sorry about your damage.

Comment

Winds are still blowing 30 to 40 mph on this side of the state mam-maw, add the cold and blowing snow and its brutal out there. Its going to be fun trying to get out there and try to repair what I can. The only things still standing are my mini trees and carriage( the horse must have gave it up overnite).
              GOD BLESS US EVERY ONE!
              Lights on Park Lakes, like it on Facebook!

Comment

It looks like someone tried to eat him.

The "Oh Snap" was a good one, Grinch. Our kids always say that.

Comment

I STILL love that Santa's Workshop sign!
                  People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Originally posted by EnlightenedGrinch View Post
                    Sorry your pretty decorations got damaged, mam-maw.

You could just put the gingerbread man back out like he is with a sign that says: "Oh, snap!"
                    LOL about the "Oh, snap!"
                    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Sorry to here about Damage of your Decorations.

Here is what we came home to today.
                      Attached Files
                      Carl B Zachary
                      China Grove, North Carolina
                      Christmas In The Grove

Comment

Sorry about your damage, Carl! I've been getting the same winds since last night.
                        Driving around this morning I saw decorations toppled over everywhere. I had to go looking for my Penguin's red scarf. I found it in a yard three houses away. LOL

Snowman down, snowman down........

Comment

Total bummer mam-maw claus. A lot of great props there. When you fix and remake have you thought about using 1/4 inch plywood for backs? It might help strengthen the styrofoam so it wont break apart so easily.

I know we had some strong winds here Carl B Zachary but that's unreal, Hope none of your Nativity pieces are damaged.
                          There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

I get so sad when i see the damage done by wind or other things. It takes so long to get set up correctly.
                            People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Thanks everyone. Everything seems to be ok. Took about 1 1/2 hours to get everything back together.
                              Carl B Zachary
                              China Grove, North Carolina
                              Christmas In The Grove

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1250 users online. 4 members and 1246 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X