Glue Gun Snowflakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue Gun Snowflakes

If you have ever been to the shop looking for these snowflake ornaments, then you know they can be pricey for what they are.
    The wife and I messed around with a few glue guns and made these to decorate the house with. We actually made them on a strand instead of individually.
    We thought they would be best being hung in doorways where the cats and the dog can't reach them! Our daughter also has a habit of playing with anything that sparkles!

I have never tried anything like this with a glue gun but I want to! I guess I can do the same with clear glue and just sprinkle glitter over them?

I am not sure where to find actual glitter glue sticks. I have never seen them.

Comment

I posted that same idea (not the video) on our CFC Pintrest page. When I saw it I thought it was a great idea. But I really like having the video to watch. I think this will be a very popular project that many members will like. Do you have photos of the ones you made?

Comment

Yeah I have never seen the glitter glue sticks either but that is a cool idea to use them this way. I wonder if maybe doing this with cookie cutters would work? I have some snowflake ones and they may help me better distribute the glue around.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
          I posted that same idea (not the video) on our CFC Pintrest page. When I saw it I thought it was a great idea. But I really like having the video to watch. I think this will be a very popular project that many members will like. Do you have photos of the ones you made?
          I too have seen it before but never a video on it. Seems like it would be so messy! I mean anytime I use a glue gun there are so many strings all over the place

Comment

Our Dollar Tree has the mini glitter glue sticks. Not shown on the website though, so they may be old stock.

Comment

Went to DT today and found these. Looks like I'll be trying a few snowflakes this year!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2153 users online. 9 members and 2144 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
              X