2009 Christmas Nutcracker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Christmas Nutcracker

Ok I have been working on this for about 2 months. Still have the legs and stand to do. I used two 55 gallon barrels and PVC Pipe. I got the idea from I Got U Baby's Nutcracker thread and off PC. It will be 10' height and light up. I really would like to make two of them, but I think im pushing time now!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chris; 09-28-2009, 10:10 AM.
    Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Wow looking great!!! Nothing feels better then building custom decorations

Comment

Chris, this is amazing. Just gorgeous. I would love to see it lit up if you get a chance.

Comment

One of the better one's I've seen, Chris.

Comment

Dude that is cool! Will the shoulders be the only part that lights up? Are they plastic drums or metal?
          There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Nice detail! Very cool!
            It's HUGE, too! Great work, chris. That thing will be able to crack some really big nuts!
            (No jokes, Sickie...)

Comment

OMG! This is truly the best one I have seen done ... hands down! you should be very proud of this piece. HOLY Mackeral its gorgeous. Awesome detail and done very nicely, neat and clean, and the colors are so complimentary. You did awesome Chris. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, amazing work! LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EnlightenedGrinch View Post
                Nice detail! Very cool!
                It's HUGE, too! Great work, chris. That thing will be able to crack some really big nuts!
                (No jokes, Sickie...)
                D'OH!

I've had the same idea, Chris, the difference is that you've nearly finished yours and mine has been in storage for 2 yrs!
                People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Originally posted by putrid View Post
                  Dude that is cool! Will the shoulders be the only part that lights up? Are they plastic drums or metal?
                  Putrid, they are plastic drums and the shoulders so far will be lighting up. My problem is I keep thinking of something crazy I want it to do. I have seen a lot of auther Christmas Decors doing these its not that bad and inexpensive. I got the drums and pvc pipe free, just paid for paint and hair. I give the credit to the Christmas threads.

Comment

Totally cool dude! Thinking I'll be looking for those white plastic drums at auctions. Really liking this project and looking forward to seeing the finished piece.
                    There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

OUTSTANDING!

My oh MY! Beautiful, Chris! I really like the fact that you made this big guy. As everyone before me on this thread has said, GREAT JOB!
                      I SWEAR I plugged those things in before I put them up. They were working......THEN.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
                        OUTSTANDING!

My oh MY! Beautiful, Chris! I really like the fact that you made this big guy. As everyone before me on this thread has said, GREAT JOB!
                        Thanks Craig!!! This is why I like surfing the net always great ideas!!!

Comment

Wow! That is awesome. The detail is amazing.
                          The little lights are not twinkling.

Comment

Great Job Chris!

Where oh where do you find the time? Do you have a time machine that you aren't sharing? LOL
                            World's Best Manager

Comment

Chris, that is sweet.

Gosh another "must do" to add to the list. I need to give up this thing called work to make some time.

Joe

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 949 users online. 1 members and 948 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X