Christmas junkies call to arms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas junkies call to arms

Come on guys...its september the 15, lets get some buzzing going on around here. I check the site everyday and only see 3 or 4 people posting....lets get moving ...lets get active...lets get excited that we are counting down the months...weeks,,,days,,,hours...minutes..and seconds till Christmas..

We need more new active members like yourself. While we have a very large membership most of them are not active. Those of us who are active have been on here for a long time. The posting will increase after Halloween but it would be nice to have more new members sharing their projects, traditions, decorating schemes and more. We are trying to help this forum grow again, and people like you are the future. Glad to see someone so excited about Christmas joining us!!!!

Comment

thanks for the kind words. I am also an active member of other popular Christmas sites and they are getting pretty active, however its sad to say that many of the members there are not very friendly, or are only there to use the site as a sales hub for holiday items. I stumbled upon this site by accident one day and love the atmosphere here. I would like to have my phone explode with alerts of new posts here daily. So here is what I propose.....Lets play a game, Im giving away the attached item FREE (just pay actual shipping).....in turn whoever claims this FREE item has to post a free item (recipient pays actual shipping)...and so on. Kinda like pay it forward but with seasonal items....I hope that this is the spark that starts a roaring fire on here. Ok gang the ball is in your courtClick image for larger version

Name:	20160806_132207.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	151557Click image for larger version

Name:	20160806_132218.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	151558

Comment

That's a pretty good idea! Although it would be hard for me to come up with something that I would want to give away, just because I really like to hold onto Christmas decor! I would have to give it some thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Falasben View Post
          That's a pretty good idea! Although it would be hard for me to come up with something that I would want to give away, just because I really like to hold onto Christmas decor! I would have to give it some thought!
          I am forever finding things that I dont really need, but I always have that little voice that says..."somebody will need it" lol

Comment

Lol... I started yesterday wrapping the house with lights. Its go time now for me I'll post pics as I go!
            Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

Don, I knew I liked you. Great post!

I'm working on my Christmas village display. I just picked up tons of styrofoam from the local furniture store. Now, I just need to turn all these Pinterest ideas into an actual display for my village.

I've also started working on our yard display items. I will post pics of what I have so far, perhaps next week. Our display won't be anything elaborate (so don't get too excited with anticipation...lol), but it will be perfect for us.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the Christmas afghan I'm working on and the garland I'm making for our tree.

Lots to do! Our tree goes up in less than two months. I'm SUPER excited about that!

Comment

Don, this is a cute idea. The biggest problem I usually have with these games is I don't need anything. I am sure I can find something to give away though.

Comment

I know what you mean Fals. I also tend to hang onto the Christmas decor.

Merry Munchkins .. that's a great idea getting styrofoam from a furniture store.
                  Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I am primarily a lurker, but will post occasionally. I check this site throughout the year....more frequently the closer we get to The Big Day.
                    "Christmas isn't just a day...it's a frame of mind!"

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                      I am primarily a lurker, but will post occasionally. I check this site throughout the year....more frequently the closer we get to The Big Day.
                      Well welcome lurker, lol LOVE the avatar and the name, I did this last year on plywood, all freehand. Click image for larger version

Name:	20150913_144315.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	151561

Comment

Nice looking Charlie Brown cut out.

Comment

Great job on the Charlie Brown cutout.

Comment

I am new here - but oh how I look forward to christmas this year that we are not building on our house

Comment

Originally posted by Elise View Post
                              I am new here - but oh how I look forward to christmas this year that we are not building on our house
                              welcome to the asylum, here, we are all christmas nuts.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1027 users online. 1 members and 1026 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X