M.C. Twinklin in Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.C. Twinklin in Georgia

We are headed out on yet another Christmas adventure, this time its MC Twinklins in Georgia. We are in search of a shop that can rival the awesome experience we got from Roberts in Clearwater FL, and the Incredible Christmas Place in Tennessee. Has anyone ever been to MC Twinklins? Can I get a few reviews (I had no idea Georgia had so many shops), most walk in shops are closed or only doing online stuff until September....

Hey Don,

When I saw your post yesterday, I goggled M.C. Twinklin to see how close it was, since I'm in GA right now. It was 15 min away from me! So, I stopped by this morning to check it out for you. Right now, they are just setting the store up for their grand opening October 1st & 2nd. They will be having a big sale that weekend, according to the lady I spoke with. I told her I was "scoping" the place out for you. She said they will be in the store, setting things up, Monday-Friday from 10am-5pm. She said they're not open on the weekends yet, although she knows it says they are on the website. They are in the process of updating the website. If you go between now and October 1st, they will sell you anything they have available. From what I could see, they have TONS of Christmas trees, wreaths and garland. They had various ornaments out, some stockings, a few blow molds, etc. In my opinion, it doesn't look as nice as the pictures you posted of Roberts, nor what I could see on The Incredible Christmas Place website. However, to be fair to them, they are still setting up the store for the upcoming season. I didn't see any lights out for sale, but they could still be in the back.

If you're traveling during the week, they will be open. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until October 1st to visit them on the weekends. Hope this helped.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryMunchkins View Post
      Hey Don,

When I saw your post yesterday, I goggled M.C. Twinklin to see how close it was, since I'm in GA right now. It was 15 min away from me! So, I stopped by this morning to check it out for you. Right now, they are just setting the store up for their grand opening October 1st & 2nd. They will be having a big sale that weekend, according to the lady I spoke with. I told her I was "scoping" the place out for you. She said they will be in the store, setting things up, Monday-Friday from 10am-5pm. She said they're not open on the weekends yet, although she knows it says they are on the website. They are in the process of updating the website. If you go between now and October 1st, they will sell you anything they have available. From what I could see, they have TONS of Christmas trees, wreaths and garland. They had various ornaments out, some stockings, a few blow molds, etc. In my opinion, it doesn't look as nice as the pictures you posted of Roberts, nor what I could see on The Incredible Christmas Place website. However, to be fair to them, they are still setting up the store for the upcoming season. I didn't see any lights out for sale, but they could still be in the back.

If you're traveling during the week, they will be open. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until October 1st to visit them on the weekends. Hope this helped.
      We headed down this past sunday and luckily we were side tracked at a huge fleamarket where I found a few blow molds. The more I read about it Im kinda glad to have missed it because it doesnt sound like it has the wow factor that I found in Tennessee and Florida but I will wait till october and give them a shot, yesterday I was given a clue to a guy in Cherokee NC that makes hand carved tree ornaments......yeah buddy Ill be all over that this weekend. We have planned a november trip back to tennessee to the incredible christmas place and have reserved a room at the christmas inn across the street. Im finally gonna get my flocked scotch pine 7ft tree......very excited about that. Its aboit time to light this site up so come on everybody...chop chop, lets get some traffic on this site

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it will come close to Roberts or The Incredible Christmas Place.

I really want to take a trip to the Incredible Christmas Place and stay at the Inn across the street. That's cool you're going to get your flocked tree!

Can't wait to see everyone's decorations/displays this year. I'm so excited to decorate our new home this year!

Comment

And so we begin phase 4 of our search for that one special ornament....this time its Christmas Mouse in Myrtle Beach SC. I will give full updates as soon as we get to the room and settled in. I feel like it may be friday or saturday before we visit this place (lots of sun and sand to soak in first) fingers crossed that it is a rival to roberts, and the incredible christmas place....we are also gonna visit a place called St nicknacks but I have not done much research on it....Later guys

Comment

Don, you are living the life. Enjoy!

Comment

Don, you are living the life. Enjoy!
              One may think Im living the life but Im sorry to say that 90% of these road trips are work related quoting jobs but the christmas detours are a big plus...that being said
              Got there this morning and they are setting up now, most of it is kinda like an online store but they still have some great stuff. As always I will pick up a trinket to add to my collection. As the season draws closer the owner/manager said that several fly by night shops will set up near the strand and have a little bit of everything. So, after my business is taken care of here I think we are gonna head back home and give the season about another month before we head out again. MerryMunchkins I see where are or were around the Georgia area when I ask about MCTwinklins....just a heads up Trans siberian Orchestra will be in Greenville SC Dec 9th touring with their new album The ghost of chrismas eve. I already bought my tickets for the 4 pm show. Tell every christmas nut you know.......Dont miss it lol

Comment

Lol thx for the heads up Don.

Comment

Don you're living the dream. Wish I could take business trips like that.
                  Appreciate hearing about all the shops though.
                  Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                    Don you're living the dream. Wish I could take business trips like that.
                    Appreciate hearing about all the shops though.
                    sometimes they are worth it, other times not so much. I think im gonna take two weeks off in october off and just.......................sit on the couch and type to you guys, or put down hardwood flooring upstairs....havent decided yet. But to be honest its looking real bad for the new flooring lol

Comment

Don't work! Playing on the internet is always more fun. And the flooring will be there later.

(Hi, I'm Mark, and I'll be the devil on your shoulder today.)
                      Mark
                      Check out my Christmas reviews.

Comment

and so the vacation begins monday morning, no work, no leaving the house for 2 weeks. I am gonna play with my light o rama boxes, and repaint a few blowmolds (sheer hobby I swear) I have been tinkering with the song my name is christmas carol so I may make head ways on that. BUT...if the storm does any damage to the Michelin plant in the next town....I gotta go, fingers crossed it gives us a break

Comment

I agree with Mark. Playing on the Internet is so much fun.

Don, I hope you guys are safe. I hope Matthew didn't cause any major damage in your area.

Comment

I agree with Mark. Playing on the Internet is so much fun.

Don, I hope you guys are safe. I hope Matthew didn't cause any major damage in your area.
                            As it looks now Matthew has spared my little corner of SC, but Im sad to report that the coastal areas have seen better days. Even though I was planning 2 weeks of lazy days, I am gonna ride as far as I can to the Beaufort area and Myrtle Beach an see if any clean up has been organized. I was really young when Hugo paid us a visit and I went on a clean up effort with Dad. I have to say that was the saddest situation I have ever seen. When you see it on TV and then see your neighbors, favorite vacation spots torn to ribbons it scars real deep. I know that this is a site where we all gather to discuss Christmas, heck this very thread is based off my adventures looking for a christmas ornament, but I do ask my cyber family to say a little prayer for those affected, and those of us who will not hesitate to walk into uncertain circumstances to help our people lay one brick that will start a new foundation. Thanks MM for checking in on me and as I have details when I get there I will post them. Love you guys...Don

Comment

Thanks for letting us know you're ok. I will definitely continue to pray for everyone affected by Matthew. Bless you for helping them. Keep us updated.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 949 users online. 1 members and 948 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X