2013 Secret Ornament Exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Secret Ornament Exchange

Buddy will be unable to head this up so I agreed to step in for him. He is hoping to be able to participate. We all appreciate your undertaking in past, Buddy.

This works just like the gift exchange. After everyone has signed up we will draw names to see who will be the recipient of your Christmas ornament. So let's answer a few questions you may have.
    WHO CAN SIGN UP: All current members in good standing with at least 10 new posts between Nov 10- Nov 28.

HOW DO I SIGN UP? Post your intent to participate on this thread and then send a PM to Just Whisper. Include your NAME, ADDRESS, and some ideas to help choose appropriate ornaments for your tree. Examples: jewel tones, disney theme, antique looking, no glass, racing enthusiast, etc.

HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO SPEND? There is no minimum or maximum spending amount.

Here is a list of who is currently signed up:
    Just Whisper
    hallowmas
    Nevergoback
    Paint It
    mariposa0283
    kloey74
    theedwin
    EnlightenedGrinch
    grimreaper1962
    lisa48317
    IshWitch
    bethene
    kmeyer1313

HOW MANY ORNAMENTS DO I SEND? No limit here either. Most people send 1-3.

SIGN UP DEADLINE will be Nov 28. I will draw names and assign your recipient on Nov 29.

SHIPPING DEADLINE will be Dec 14.

Please notify me when you have shipped your ornament. I am leaving it up to you to either get a tracking number or not. However, if your recipient does not receive their ornament be prepared to send them another one. I recommend tracking numbers. Please pack your ornament with love.

If you have any questions just ask, either on here or send me a PM.
    Last edited by Just Whisper; 11-29-2013, 06:14 PM.

Okay now I have to get more posts posted by the 28th. I am sure I can do that. I had a fun time finding Putrid's ornament last year. I would like to try my hand at fabricating one if time allows.

Comment

Ok, I think I will participate in this. I am not much for sending cards, but I can do an ornament(s) exchange.
      Georgia R.

Comment

i'm in so many ornaments to choose from and there is a hobby lobby right down the street!
        the magic of xmas surrounds us

Comment

Grim, I think you are pretty set for posts by now. LOL. That is mostly for the newish people.

I have mostly made my ornaments in the past but I am thinking I am so crafted out right now I may just buy one...if I can find a special one. It depends on who I get and what they like.

I wish my Hobby Lobby was right down the street. The price you pay for not wanting to live in the middle of, or really near a lot of traffic and being near the best schools is having to drive 30-40 minutes to get to anything. But, I think I will put on some real clothes and have a jaunt around town just to get out of the house. I felt myself having an anxiety attack already at 8:00 this morning. Sounds like my body telling me I need to go Christmas shopping. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
            Grim, I think you are pretty set for posts by now. LOL. That is mostly for the newish people.

I have mostly made my ornaments in the past but I am thinking I am so crafted out right now I may just buy one...if I can find a special one. It depends on who I get and what they like.

I wish my Hobby Lobby was right down the street. The price you pay for not wanting to live in the middle of, or really near a lot of traffic and being near the best schools is having to drive 30-40 minutes to get to anything. But, I think I will put on some real clothes and have a jaunt around town just to get out of the house. I felt myself having an anxiety attack already at 8:00 this morning. Sounds like my body telling me I need to go Christmas shopping. LOL
            actually the mall is within walking distance! so is michaels and hobby lobby! yes put on some real clothes! get out of your cat suit!
            the magic of xmas surrounds us

Comment

I've been looking forward to this year's ornament exchange. I am in.

Comment

i guess ill join this as well. ive never made ornaments before. aside from the salt dough ones they have you do in school... but ive been looking at ideas on pinterest and think i can wing a few things and buy a few things for my..... ornamentee? should be fun.
                You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Comment

JW I was just following the rules. I am less active during the summer months and dealing with my grandmother in the nursing home just makes getting on here on a regular basis hectic at times. I will PM you with the details of my likes and dislikes and address and stuff.

Comment

Well then I better start posting. LOL. (which reminds me-- I need to hunt for a box for my Merry Reaper gifts!!)

Comment

kloey, don't forget to send me your sign up PM with your personal info, likes, etc.

Comment

Will do!!! This sounds like so much fun--although a little strange feeling since there will be no bats or rats involved. LOL

Comment

Don't be so sure Kloey. LOL.

We do a gift exchange in July. Maybe next year you would like to take part in that.

Comment

I live for any type of exchange. Probably because it gives me an excuse to shop!

Comment

Sounds like fun but I don't meet the requirement to sign up! I look forward to seeing the ornaments

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1865 users online. 9 members and 1856 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X