Christmas Nirvana in Lynnwood, WA ( Warning: Sensory overload! :D )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed looking at those pictures and video! thanks
    beautifulnightmare on HalloweenForum
    my Pinterest

Comment

I went to this place again on Saturday. It was pretty jammed.

Problem I have when I go to this place is, it gets pretty hard to extract myself from the store. I think I spent about 45 minutes just walking around the store looking at stuff!
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
        So there's this store near me, named Wight's, which spends most of the year as a nursery, but which also has a sizable indoor store. During Christmas time they decorate a dozen or more "rooms" or sections of the store with the most amazing Christmas displays I've seen anywhere. Each little room/section has its own theme: One will be a rustic Christmas, one will be pink Christmas, one will be white/silver Christmas, another will be tropical Christmas ... and so on. I went there today and took a whole bunch of pictures as well as a video (which I will upload to Youtube and show here shortly).

They won't be done decorating until the beginning of November, but I'll be out of town the first week of November so I decided to go there and take some pics now. It's mostly done anyway.

I'll upload a few pics for each post. I've got 43 photos in total, plus the video. Sounds like a lot, but it's worth it.

First photo in this post is the store from the outside. Next is an overview of one of the "rooms" plus some detail of the decorations for sale.
        Thanks for sharing the pictures. This reminds me of the Sears store in Vancouver when I was there a few years ago. In the third picture with all the gold decorations is that a pocket watch or clock about midway down the tree?
        https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

They've even got a wall with cowboy-themed decorations!

Then a room still under construction, and ... candy canes!
          Those cowboy sock monkeys are so cute. I don't collect sock monkeys but they made me smile.

Comment

Then they had a pink section, which included a wall of gingerbread stuff, and a little candy cane-themed village.
            Perpetual_Christmas Thanks so much for sharing.

I thought the silver and white room and the nutcrackers were my favorite until I saw the gingerbread houses, ribbon candy and peppermint swirls. I love "foodie" ornaments. Ooohhh! Be still my heart. I could never have enough money to go nuts in a place like that. At least not until I win the lottery but it sure is fun to look and wish isn't it? I am oohing and aahing over so many things like a kid in a candy shop.

It is times like this I wish I could go to the city to shop but that is over 1000 miles away and not going to happen any time soon so this is the next best thing. It is fun to look. I'm not finished browsing through your pics yet but wanted to say thanks.

I live in the north and there are NO stores like that anywhere near me or for several hours drive in any direction. I have to drive scary winter roads for 1 1/2 hrs to go to Walmart or do any major grocery shopping so I love it when people take the time to share pictures. Sure does get a person into the spirit. Much appreciated. As you can see I am now a happy fat santa...well two outta three ain't bad.
            Last edited by mariem; 11-18-2013, 09:44 PM.

Comment

You're welcome!

Can't tell if that was a watch or pocket watch either. I think they were pretty small so I might side with it being a (larger) pocket watch.

I might take another video of the rest of the store sometime over the next couple weekends, if I get the ambition.
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I checked out your blog. I really like the dark brown nutcracker you bought. I like detail on him and the lantern he is carrying.

Comment

OH boy you got me drooling.

Comment

Originally posted by mariem View Post
                    I checked out your blog. I really like the dark brown nutcracker you bought. I like detail on him and the lantern he is carrying.
                    Thanks! Added a comment after yours.

If you've got about $100-$200 you want to shell out for a nice Christmas collectible, might want to get yourself an Ulbricht or Steinback nutcracker. Really nice stuff!
                    Nutcracker fetishist.
                    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

If you've got about $100-$200 you want to shell out for a nice Christmas collectible, might want to get yourself an Ulbricht or Steinback nutcracker. Really nice stuff!
                      I just bought a new car in October so any new investments or collectibles will have to wait but when I do get a couple nutcrackers I want to get some really good pieces like you dark brown one.

Comment

Thanks for posting, we have a Garden Center that does the same thing but no way near as big.

Comment

Noooooooooooo this place is closing!!!!!!

Sad even though I don't live in the area anymore.

Wightís Home & Garden owners say itís the right time to close
                          On the most springlike of spring days, shoppers stood in line with carts full of Christmas decorations, wreaths and a thinning array of gardening supplies.

Wightís Home & Garden was selling off inventory as it prepared to close for good.

Owners Jim and Dorothy Anderson had nurtured the business with their children for 34 years. Now in their 80s, they decided it was time to step away. By some time in June, they expect to greet their final customers.
                          Nutcracker fetishist.
                          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I had never heard of it until I read the post, so sad and wish it was on my trip list this year. However I am gonna see it they have a site and order a keepsake or 2...3....or dozen just to display.....Ill keep ya posted

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1870 users online. 9 members and 1861 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                            X