Canadian Pacific Holiday Train

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Pacific Holiday Train

Tomorrow night my hubby and I will be headed for New York to catch a glimpse of the 2012 CP Holiday Train. We saw this for the first time last year, and it was quite something to see. Every year they stop in different towns, a boxcar opens up and they have entertainment for the people that came out to see the train. Since the 90's they have raised around 6 million dollars and over 2 million pounds of food to help the food banks in the US and Canada. Here are a few pics of last years train, hope they show up, I don't post pics too often so I hope so!
    Attached Files

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I missed it! It was here last night!!!! OMG Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Don't tell my kids.
    ~ Angel Grant
    https://www.facebook.com/LightheartedHolidayDisplays/

Comment

I wish we had trains. I wish we had THAT train. How cool.

Comment

im so jealous right now. wish they did anything like this where i live. be it a train (no tracks in my town though) or a carriage full of carolers and santa driving around singing and waving. just anything at all to spread the cheer around town but nope.. nuthin

thanks for sharing though, gives me warm fuzzies!
        You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Comment

Totally cool Julianne! Pics turned out great! That does look like it's a lot of fun.
          There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it again, will try and get some more pictures hopefully this year!

Comment

Wow cool I wish they had something like that here!
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Gee, that train is just beautiful with all the lights on it. Looks really cool!

Comment

That would be an awesome experience!
                  GOD BLESS US EVERY ONE!
                  Lights on Park Lakes, like it on Facebook!

Comment

Is this only on the East Coast? I wonder if they come out to the West Coast? Would be cool if they did considering they are called Canadian Pacific.

Comment

Here is a link to this years schedule. They hit Milwaukee next Saturday and I will be there. I never knew about this until today. Thanks Julianne for the info. I am a train nut and Christmas nut so this should bring the two together. Here is the link:
                      http://www.cpr.ca/en/in-your-communi.../Pages/us.aspx

Comment

My hubby and I were there in Port Henry, NY last night to see it come in. We loved it and the entertainers they had onboard put on a great show. After they departed the station we hopped in our truck and chased the train for several miles up the road, I was hanging out the passenger side with the video camera taking pictures! Somehow we actually managed to get ahead of it and got some pics of it crossing a field, with the moon out it was real pretty!
                        I'll try and post some more pics, don't know about the video as I've never done that before and I'm not much of a computer whiz!
                        Grimreaper, I hope you enjoy this wonderful train as much as we have!

Comment

That would be so cool if they stopped here in Billings looks like a lot of fun!
                          Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

This is great. Thanks for letting us know and thanks for posting the pics.
                            I will definitely watch for it next year.
                            Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

Originally posted by Julianne View Post
                              My hubby and I were there in Port Henry, NY last night to see it come in. We loved it and the entertainers they had onboard put on a great show. After they departed the station we hopped in our truck and chased the train for several miles up the road, I was hanging out the passenger side with the video camera taking pictures! Somehow we actually managed to get ahead of it and got some pics of it crossing a field, with the moon out it was real pretty!
                              I'll try and post some more pics, don't know about the video as I've never done that before and I'm not much of a computer whiz!
                              Grimreaper, I hope you enjoy this wonderful train as much as we have!
                              Julianne.... It was FANTASTIC!!!! Took my daughter, her husband and my grand daughter. It was better than I imagined it would be. It had 2 stops near me. We went to the one south of us and ended up being right in front of the entertainment car. The door opened and fog rolled out and the Claytones were awesome. We left just before they finished because my grand daughter was "ready to go". LOL. Well the tracks run close to the freeway and I knew where there was a perfect viewing spot to see it roar by full speed. We had to wait about 15 minutes and WOW here it comes. Blew it's whistle for the 20 cars sitting in the abandoned factory parking lot. We were literally 10 feet from the train and the lights were all going and music was still blasting through the speakers on the entertainment car. I can't wait for next year! I wonder if they accept volunteers for the whole trip?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 949 users online. 1 members and 948 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X