This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doug View Post

I wonder does London still shop for Christmas like that today?
    Of course they do. Except that it's even more commercialized nowadays as it was back then. :-/

Actually, that footage reminds me of Miracle on 34th Street. Same kind of vibe, albeit different city.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Here's Christmas shopping in London nowadays. Taken to a whole 'nother level, I'd say:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Y4PvjEABY
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
        Here's Christmas shopping in London nowadays. Taken to a whole 'nother level, I'd say:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Y4PvjEABY
        I am surprise that is still going on.

Comment

• I have no idea why you might think they don't do Christmas shopping in Britain anymore.
          Nutcracker fetishist.
          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I have no idea why you might think they don't do Christmas shopping in Britain anymore.
            I have my reasons.

Comment

• This is probably my most successful forum thread ever lol. Slowly making our way to christmas and I just thought of this forum. I wanted to come back and see if everything was still up. Hope everyone is is doing good. I don't check in too often anymore, but still love christmas

The weather in Phoenix is finally cooling down from 100+ which for me is a nice early christmas gift!

Comment

• I saw some trees wrapped up in a TrueValue hardware store lot. Not yet "unwrapped."
                Nutcracker fetishist.
                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• This is the 40th holiday season the wife and I have spent together. Each year we put up 4 artificial trees and bought a real tree for the living room . But, after all those years, we finally decided to get an artificial tree for our "main" tree in the living room. We found an 8 foot vintage looking tree that we are very happy with! As always, the first ornament that is put on the tree is "Our First Christmas Together 1979".

Happy Thanksgiving all!!
                  The only people who grow old were born old to begin with

Comment

• Originally posted by Rybcon View Post
                    This is the 40th holiday season the wife and I have spent together. Each year we put up 4 artificial trees and bought a real tree for the living room . But, after all those years, we finally decided to get an artificial tree for our "main" tree in the living room. We found an 8 foot vintage looking tree that we are very happy with! As always, the first ornament that is put on the tree is "Our First Christmas Together 1979".

Happy Thanksgiving all!!
                    I have an artificial tree right now, but that's only because it's a slender tree of the sort of dimensions you just won't find in a live tree. I would much rather have a live one.

I must admit, it hurt my heart a little to hear that you have made the decision to end the long-standing tradition of having a live tree in favor of an artificial one.

I think the best tree is one that is not only live but that you cut down yourself.

Comment

• I got a real tree!

First one in, I think, 8 years.
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Actually that was 7 years. Last time I got a real tree was when I did this.
                        Nutcracker fetishist.
                        Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• And now, for the life of me, I can't figure out how my old (real) Christmas tree stand was supposed to work. It's a very un-intuitive design. It almost looks like there's a part missing, but I don't think there really is. I used it twice so I know it works ... somehow, but I don't have any memory of how it was supposed to go, and I don't have the instructions anymore. I might even get a new one.

I also decided to use my fake tree in the basement. Whenever I decorate my tree I always have some unused ornaments left over, so I'll put those on the basement one.
                          Nutcracker fetishist.
                          Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Well, I just went ahead and bought a new stand. This one is much more straightforward.
                            Nutcracker fetishist.
                            Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

I got a real tree!

First one in, I think, 8 years.
                              Good job!

Like I said, I have an artificial tree right now because it's the only kind that will fit in my tiny place, but if could get a real tree then I would.

I think the last time I had a real tree was in 2009. While I love living here in Utah, one thing I don't like is that there are no good Christmas tree farms to go to to cut down a tree. I grew up in the South and our family would always go to the local tree farm to cut the tree down and it's proving difficult to replicate that experience here.

Comment

• With 2 trees going this year I decided to split my color scheme. On my upstairs one (the real tree), which I finished decorating about an hour ago now, I've got all white and silver. The fake tree in the basement I'm going with brown and gold. Usually I had mixed all those up, but this year I can do separate themes. Will decorate the basement one probably tomorrow.
                                Nutcracker fetishist.
                                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1089 users online. 2 members and 1087 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                                X