• Show
Clear All

• Wow Marie!

Comment

• Originally posted by mariem View Post
      This is what we got today.
      Box some up and send it my way, Ill pay shipping

Comment

• I used this video as natural relaxant last winter, it is very soothing and relaxing, play it with your smart TV or laptop lay down and enjoy, it helps also with sleeping, studying and meditating

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post

Box some up and send it my way, Ill pay shipping
          You can have it all.
          https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

• Sorry I took so long to show everyone my new ornament, I just loved it, and I have nothing else like it,
            I also got a 4 foot tree from Michael's today!!
            my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

• Beautiful ornament.

Comment

• I bought Christmas Cottage magazine today! It's my very favorite magazine that I buy every year. Am about to browse through it in just a few minutes.
                Nutcracker fetishist.
                Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
                  I bought Christmas Cottage magazine today! It's my very favorite magazine that I buy every year. Am about to browse through it in just a few minutes.
                  Iíve never heard of that magazine. Iím intrigued. Iím going to check it out.

Comment

• Good morning. Had to share this with someone...

I reached out to a few handyman services to see if I can get someone to put up our Christmas icicle lights onto the front of our house. This is the response I received from one company...

ďWE can install roof lighting for you. Our minimum is $1500, youíre paying for the service we offer, which is install, service, take down and storage of the lights. Typically the $1500 will include the roof line lighting as well as greenery- garland and wreaths.

Let me know if you would like me to schedule an estimate.Ē

Comment

• WoW !!

I've never priced that kind of service so I have no idea if that is considered a good rate/expensive or what.

Would love to hear if anyone else has gotten some or heard of some prices.

Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

• Originally posted by MerryMunchkins View Post
                        Good morning. Had to share this with someone...

I reached out to a few handyman services to see if I can get someone to put up our Christmas icicle lights onto the front of our house. This is the response I received from one company...

ďWE can install roof lighting for you. Our minimum is $1500, youíre paying for the service we offer, which is install, service, take down and storage of the lights. Typically the $1500 will include the roof line lighting as well as greenery- garland and wreaths.

Let me know if you would like me to schedule an estimate.Ē
                        That sounds like a ton of money when you think of what you could buy with that money. I could put that money toward a new riding mower. On the other hand they probably send at least two workers who might spend a couple hours at least, or more, depending on the size of the house and the height and pitch of the roof line. Some roof pitches can be a little scary. Climbing up and down ladders every few feet etc takes time and is one of those jobs nobody likes having to do. Hourly wages need to be paid for those employees to both hang, and take down and service the lights, gas and travel time etc. The costs add up fast and I know if I was doing that kind of work the wages would have to make it worth my while. If I had that kind of money at hand I would hire someone to help me to drag out all my Halloween and Christmas decorations and again to put them away. Hauling everything out of storage and putting it back in storage are my least favorite things. Reading that the quote is a minimum of $1500 would give me pause though; I would be more interested if they said they would give estimates on individual basis and expectations on both sides. Alas I don't have that kind of money....sigh.

Marie

Comment

• No doubt, I told her $1500 was steep just to put icicle lights onto the front of our house. If we lived in a mansion, sure. But, we donít live in a mansion. Regardless, I donít have $1500 dollars to give someone for hanging icicle lights. So, if I donít find someone reasonable, looks like we will only have decorations in our yard again this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MerryMunchkins View Post
                            No doubt, I told her $1500 was steep just to put icicle lights onto the front of our house. If we lived in a mansion, sure. But, we donít live in a mansion. Regardless, I donít have $1500 dollars to give someone for hanging icicle lights. So, if I donít find someone reasonable, looks like we will only have decorations in our yard again this year.
                            I don't know how big the town is that you live in but in our small community there are sports groups, teens, and guys always looking for ways to make money. A couple weeks ago my back was out and we got a notice from the power company telling us that we might lose power for about three days and to get ready. I was having a ton of pellets delivered for our pellet stove anyway as I was stocking piling for winter and I needed someone to help move them downstairs so I posted on the local page and also on my FB page and I got quite a few responses. Thank goodness.

Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by bethene View Post
                              Sorry I took so long to show everyone my new ornament, I just loved it, and I have nothing else like it,
                              I also got a 4 foot tree from Michael's today!!
                              Your ornament is beautiful Bethene.
                              Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by mariem View Post

I don't know how big the town is that you live in but in our small community there are sports groups, teens, and guys always looking for ways to make money. A couple weeks ago my back was out and we got a notice from the power company telling us that we might lose power for about three days and to get ready. I was having a ton of pellets delivered for our pellet stove anyway as I was stocking piling for winter and I needed someone to help move them downstairs so I posted on the local page and also on my FB page and I got quite a few responses. Thank goodness.

Marie
                                Sounds like a nice town. I wish we had something like that.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2175 users online. 10 members and 2165 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                                X