Random Christmas Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not me, that's for sure!
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

    Comment


    • I bought my first Christmas magazine of the year today, "Christmas Ideas" by Better Homes and Gardens.
      Nutcracker fetishist.
      Visit my nutcracker blog

      Comment


      • It was in the high 80s/low 90s this week. No snow here. I'll be happy with some actual Fall temperatures.

        Comment


        • I went to a yard sale yesterday that was the Fall fundraiser for the local animal shelter. For $20 I got 4 wire shelves and some Halloween and Christmas decorations.
          Attached Files
          https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

          Comment


          • Wow! You scored a lot of stuff for $20 Marie. That's awesome

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MerryMunchkins View Post
              Wow! You scored a lot of stuff for $20 Marie. That's awesome
              Yes, I did pretty good. The four shelves were $1 for all of them and everything else was $1 except the standing Santa. They wanted $10 bucks for him. Awesome prices....I was prepared to pay more to raise money for the animals but I did great.

              I brought a car loaded to the roof and trunk full of stuff to donate to the yard sale but I just can't seem to help myself and end up packing more stuff home. *sigh*

              I just can't feel guilty about it though because I was so happy with my finds. I don't often find much, if any, Christmas or Halloween decorations around this area.

              Marie
              Last edited by mariem; 10-08-2017, 03:00 PM.
              https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mariem View Post

                Yes, I did pretty good. The four shelves were $1 for all of them and everything else was $1 except the standing Santa. They wanted $10 bucks for him. Awesome prices....I was prepared to pay more to raise money for the animals but I did great.

                I brought a car loaded to the roof and trunk full of stuff to donate to the yard sale but I just can't seem to help myself and end up packing more stuff home. *sigh*

                I just can't feel guilty about it though because I was so happy with my finds. I don't often find much, if any, Christmas or Halloween decorations around this area.

                Marie
                That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to find a lot of Christmas items and such great prices. Enjoy them.

                Comment


                • You sound like me,, I take things to donate, and end up bringing things home too!!!!
                  I got a gorgeous ornament from hobby lobby a couple of weeks ago...
                  my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bethene View Post
                    You sound like me,, I take things to donate, and end up bringing things home too!!!!
                    I got a gorgeous ornament from hobby lobby a couple of weeks ago...
                    We are donating stuff so there is nothing wrong with us getting some treasures too.
                    Have you got a picture of your ornament?
                    https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

                    Comment


                    • Yes Bethene, I would love to see your ornament too.

                      Comment


                      • There's already a Christmas album in the Billboard 200 at #51.
                        Nutcracker fetishist.
                        Visit my nutcracker blog

                        Comment


                        • Really? Which one?
                          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

                          Comment


                          • This pic was taken about half an hour from me. We had snow here on Friday. It has been snowing like crazy up on the mountains all around us and it has been raining constantly down here. The only upside to all the rain is that it melts the snow. Most mornings are about -5 or so. Hopefully it will stay warm until after Halloween.
                            https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mariem View Post
                              This pic was taken about half an hour from me. We had snow here on Friday. It has been snowing like crazy up on the mountains all around us and it has been raining constantly down here. The only upside to all the rain is that it melts the snow. Most mornings are about -5 or so. Hopefully it will stay warm until after Halloween.
                              Wow! Stay dry Marie.

                              P.S. - is that -5 C or -5 F?

                              Comment


                              • This is what we got today.

                                https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

                                Comment

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2175 users online. 10 members and 2165 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

                                Working...
                                X