Random Christmas Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hallmark brought out its Christmas decorations today!

    I also noticed Macy's is having a Black Friday in July sale.
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

    Comment


    • We visited the National Christmas Center in Paradise, Pennsylvania on Thursday. Talk about getting in the Spirit of Christmas!

      Comment


      • Hello. I have been stopping by once in a while. Just stopped in to say hi. *waves*

        Marie
        https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bedford Falls Postmaster View Post
          We visited the National Christmas Center in Paradise, Pennsylvania on Thursday. Talk about getting in the Spirit of Christmas!
          I heard about that place. I hope to get there someday.
          Guess I'll have to live vicariously through you for now.
          Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
            Hallmark brought out its Christmas decorations today!

            I also noticed Macy's is having a Black Friday in July sale.
            I HAVE to get to a Hallmark store!
            Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mariem View Post
              Hello. I have been stopping by once in a while. Just stopped in to say hi. *waves*

              Marie
              Waving Back. Hi Marie!!!
              Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lisa48317 View Post

                LOL! That's an awesome new name for him!! I have to keep all of them - I go all out on my Halloween display and the blowmolds and a strand of LEDs across the front of the house are the extent of my Christmas one. But nobody else has this many in my neighborhood, so I still stand out a bit.
                OMG .. I was ROFLMAO when I read this thread!

                Not laughing that you were having problems. Laughing about the nicknames and the fact that I think we all have experienced that stubborn light and/or decoration ... and the few choice words that come with it.

                Both nicknames are perfect. I like the comment about smacking it and then it works.

                Kind of reminds me of the lights in my yard. In the winter the strand that lights up one minute and out the next. Or the solar lights in the yard right now. How some are very finicky about whether or not they will work come nightfall.
                Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
                  Here's a video I just made of my new house at Christmas. Not really elaborate stuff, but at least it was winter-y.

                  LOVED the video PC! Glad to see you got some of the white stuff too.
                  Love your house!
                  Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
                    It's that time of year again. Went to Hobby Lobby today and they're starting to put out Christmas stuff!
                    My friend and I went to Hobby Lobby last weekend. Loved seeing all the Christmas stuff!
                    I showed restraint and got one ornament and then a couple of things for the village.
                    I think I drooled on the rest of the stuff there .... LOL.

                    Marie it's too bad that you have to travel so far but I'm so glad you and your friends get to make a fun trip out of it.

                    Merry Munchkins .. have you ever been to Hobby Lobby?
                    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Perpetual_Christmas View Post
                      I am pretty sure the Christmas gods must be with me. I was looking at stuff on Google maps and wanted to see something around Cape Canaveral in Florida. By lucky chance I just happened to notice that my map was centered on Christmas, Florida.
                      That's perfect!
                      Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

                      Comment


                      • Hi Marie! How's the new (not so new) puppy? Do you think you'll be able to set up your village this year?

                        Comment


                        • Hi Tori! Yes, I went to Hobby Lobby Thursday. They have TONS of nutcrackers, for anyone who collects those. We're putting up a gingerbread themed tree in our kitchen this year, to coordinate with our gingerbread Christmas kitchen decor. Hobby Lobby has LOTS of gingerbread ornaments! I'm so excited! I managed to only purchase about 5 ornaments Thursday. They're adorable! I'm excited to put them on our tree. I'll be back this week to buy more. They're also building a Hobby Lobby a mile and a half from our home. I wish they would hurry up and finish! Lol

                          How have you been Tori? What are your decoration plans for this Christmas? Are you adding anything new? Hobby Lobby has stuff for Christmas villages? What did you buy?

                          Comment


                          • On the Hobby Lobby website do they say when the store will open?
                            I'm happy that they put a store closer to me. (20 min away) Now if only Menards would come this far east.

                            Yes I love all the candy ornaments and decorations that they have there!

                            I have no idea what I'll be doing this year. Things have been incredibly hectic the past year and a half and it does not look it will settling down any time soon. So unfortunately that does not leave much time for decorating.

                            As for village stuff at Hobby Lobby. In the floral area they have stuff for fairy villages and I found some fencing there that will work nicely in my village. (and at a reasonable price) If you look around the store you might find something that will work with a village. In the past I've also found ornaments that go well with the village.
                            Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Viktorija View Post
                              On the Hobby Lobby website do they say when the store will open?
                              I'm happy that they put a store closer to me. (20 min away) Now if only Menards would come this far east.

                              Yes I love all the candy ornaments and decorations that they have there!

                              I have no idea what I'll be doing this year. Things have been incredibly hectic the past year and a half and it does not look it will settling down any time soon. So unfortunately that does not leave much time for decorating.

                              As for village stuff at Hobby Lobby. In the floral area they have stuff for fairy villages and I found some fencing there that will work nicely in my village. (and at a reasonable price) If you look around the store you might find something that will work with a village. In the past I've also found ornaments that go well with the village.
                              No, it doesn't say on the Hobby Lobby website.

                              That's awesome you have a store near you now! I'm excited to go back this week to buy more ornaments. I'm currently working on my gingerbread pillow to go on the bench I haven't bought yet. Lol. The pillow is turning out to be very adorable. I initially wanted to make two; however, this is a lot of work. So, one pillow will have to suffice.

                              I'm sorry things are hectic for you. Sadly, I can relate. Hang in there. I hope things calm down for you soon.

                              Thx for the Hobby Lobby village tips.

                              Comment


                              • Well I don't pay attention to this section of the forum for a few days and all of a sudden everyone's chatting here!

                                Thanks for the compliment Viktorija!!
                                Nutcracker fetishist.
                                Visit my nutcracker blog

                                Comment

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 1281 users online. 3 members and 1278 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

                                Working...
                                X