This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lisa48317 View Post
    Someone needs to send some cheer (or eggnog!!) this way. Hubby & I cleaned up the last of the leaves in the yard yesterday and I brought the blowmolds out & got them plugged in. Let me tell you, it was a struggle!

Granted, I do have 20 blowmolds, but that's all I put out and it really shouldn't be more of an ordeal than my Halloween display! We didn't even get the lights up on the house and of course it's calling for rain today.

Does anyone want to come over & help with the inside? Adult beverages & pizza and/or tacos will be provided!
    I completely understand! My neighbor raked his leaves yesterday, in anticipation of the rain. I wish I had the energy to follow suit. It's raining hard here. We have yard decorations down and leaves all over the place.

Sending you some virtual help!

Comment

• Welp, the candy canes from our big candy cane arch, are broken. One snapped backward (snapped off the base with the screws still in the bottom of the candy cane). The other one bent the base, but the candy cane is still attached to the base. The middle bar is bent and will no longer hold the middle part (the arch) straight. A lot of it has grass and mud over it. It's a mess. I'm glad I didn't buy it new from the store. I'm not happy about losing $60, but at least it wasn't $120 or more on some websites. That rainstorm must've been something else last night! Once the rain goes away, I'll have to take the candy canes apart and prepare it for the trash. It hasn't even been a week, since we put up our decorations.

Comment

• Does anyone else have that ONE decoration that's always a problem child? I have a Santa blowmold that for the second year running is being called "A**hole Santa". Last year he kept tipping over on his dowel so he looked like a drunken sailor
        (I used to be one so I know ) and if he was actually vertical, his light would be out. He was never both upright and lit up for any length of time.

So this year, he's standing on flat ground with a couple bricks in his base. No worries about him tipping over, but of course that darn light won't stay on! The bulb is fine and will come back on (LMAO) if I smack Santa upside the head! Sometimes I have to un-screw, then screw it back in and it'll stay on the rest of the night, but the next night it's out.
        Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

• Originally posted by lisa48317 View Post

Does anyone else have that ONE decoration that's always a problem child? I have a Santa blowmold that for the second year running is being called "A**hole Santa". Last year he kept tipping over on his dowel so he looked like a drunken sailor
          (I used to be one so I know ) and if he was actually vertical, his light would be out. He was never both upright and lit up for any length of time.

So this year, he's standing on flat ground with a couple bricks in his base. No worries about him tipping over, but of course that darn light won't stay on! The bulb is fine and will come back on (LMAO) if I smack Santa upside the head! Sometimes I have to un-screw, then screw it back in and it'll stay on the rest of the night, but the next night it's out.
          Out of the goodness of my heart I would like to offer my services to fix your hardheaded blowmold situation, just simply send all your blowmolds to me and VIOLA!!! problem solved (wink). Just kidding , you have a super display even if st nick is being a...well,,,, st prick

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Mcabee View Post

Out of the goodness of my heart I would like to offer my services to fix your hardheaded blowmold situation, just simply send all your blowmolds to me and VIOLA!!! problem solved (wink). Just kidding , you have a super display even if st nick is being a...well,,,, st prick
            LOL! That's an awesome new name for him!! I have to keep all of them - I go all out on my Halloween display and the blowmolds and a strand of LEDs across the front of the house are the extent of my Christmas one. But nobody else has this many in my neighborhood, so I still stand out a bit.
            Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

• Here's a video I just made of my new house at Christmas. Not really elaborate stuff, but at least it was winter-y.

Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• tcooper
                tcooper commented
                Editing a comment
                Great video and soundtrack! Looks like my old neighborhood in Wheat Ridge.

• Nice video PC. Your house is really pretty.

Comment

• Nice home PC!

Comment

• I didn't feel this was thread worthy so I will stick it here...

Today when I was out shopping I seen a little old woman pushing two carts by herself stocked with Christmas stuff and I overheard a kid as his mom if that was "Mrs. Claus". It was kind of cute

Comment

• Check it out, cute Santa's house thing!
                    https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6146...MM6TRWqSew!2e0
                    Nutcracker fetishist.
                    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

• Cool light display I found while cruising around Google maps:
                      https://www.google.com/maps/@41.0786...CLIB!2e0?hl=en
                      Nutcracker fetishist.
                      Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1314 users online. 8 members and 1306 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                      X