This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Christmas Thread

I don't know how everyone feels about this type of thread, but I was thinking (I know scary right). Most of the threads on the forum have a certain topic, like someone talking about their xmas decorations. Does anyone else ever feel like saying some random things about how they are feeling about christmas, but don't really fit into any thread?

My idea for this thread would pretty much be free for all. Come in and post any christmas thoughts you had for the day. Sometimes I feel like saying random things about christmas, but I don't want to derail someone elses thread.

For example, you could simply come in and be like "Only 42 days until Christmas, I'm so excited!" or "I just picked out a christmas tree today". Basically, stuff that you want to say, but isn't a big enough topic to really start a new topic about.

I don't know how everyone else feels about these random types of threads, but I'll start with a few things that I wanted to mention/ask to get it started.

I'm in a really good mood this weekend. I just got done filling out an app for a new apartment and assuming I get approved, which I probably will, I will move in on December 15, 4 days before I fly home for christmas.

Secondly, I was just listening to the holiday classic christmas songs on youtube and they generally have some sort of christmas artwork to go with them. I just realized how excited those snowy scenes make me. I felt like a little kid again on the few days leading up to christmas.

Also, you know the christmas season is coming/here. Rockefeller's christmas tree was just cut down the other day. There is a video of them cutting it down and loading it onto a truck on cnn's website if anyone cares to watch.

Anyway, that's the idea I had for the thread. I just like hearing how other people are feeling and things you see in person or in the news to make it feel even more christmasy.

And can you believe...2 weeks and 3 days and it is December. Woo!

Nice idea halfawake454. But we kinda have something like this going in the off topic section of the forum. Called the 'weekly'. Not as random as this. More like a continues conversation.

Guess my random thoughts would be....

really do need to repaint blow molds in the summer where I can do them outside at night. House is full of fumes.....
    There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Yepper. Our weekly (which lasts for the entire month) is a collection of these kinds of thoughts. http://www.christmasfanclub.com/show...9777#post49777

You are more than welcome to add to it.
      People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

I like this thread, while the "Weekly" is supposed to be the same thing, this will hopefully be more "Christmas" related than how bad work is.... How I didn't sleep well last night... etc etc...

My mind is racing with Christmas ideas both at home and at work! Employees are saving boxes for the "Big Wrap!" (about 400+ large empty boxes that we use at work for a display). Glad the employees are getting the "Spirit"!
        World's Best Manager

Comment

LOL I've been outvoted. This stays as a Christmas inspired random thoughts thread.
          People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Just thought I would say Merry Christmas and I wish I was watching a Christmas movie right now lol.
            Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickie Ickie View Post
              LOL I've been outvoted. This stays as a Christmas inspired random thoughts thread.
              That's funny because even I, the thread starter would agree that they kind of overlap. I actually did search the forum, but was unable to find anything of this sort. I had a feeling someone was gonna point me to a thread that I didn't find that was similar.

It's up to whatever you guys want to do. Keep this one for more christmas related stuff or just close it and use the weekly thread that was mentioned.

After I made this thread today I came across some more christmas stuff. I currently live in an apartment and when I was walking through the complex i noticed 2 people with decorations. One had a christmas tree up inside I could see, the other had some plants on their balcony that they had decorated with lights. All of these small things just making it exciting. Also, recently I ran across this store that sells yard decorations and I didn't go into the store, but it looked like they had a lot of christmas stuff. Probably the closet thing to a Christmas themed store (like an xmas equivalent to spirit halloween) that I've seen.

Comment

Went to Low's yesterday and seen lots of different puffies ( airblowns ). Still don't like em. The only time I get a kick out of em is when they're laying on the ground like clumps of dirty clothes.

I think sometimes I let greed overpower common sense when it comes to collecting Christmas stuff. I have way to many things to get done to spend half the day at an auction hoping to get more. Think I'll stay home today and get it done. I have enough stress to deal with without making more.
                There is beauty in a winter's full moon. Glittering off the snow between the shadows of barren branches.

Comment

Originally posted by halfawake454 View Post
                  It's up to whatever you guys want to do. Keep this one for more christmas related stuff or just close it and use the weekly thread that was mentioned.
                  Ultimately it will be up to the members to decide by how much traffic we get on this thread. If it fizzles, at least you tried something new- and who came blame anyone for trying to improve the site?

Comment

A random thought thread is easy. Just don't comment on someone else's thought and it stays true to its intentions. Or at least keep the comments to a minimum.

Still fighting the urge to go look for Christmas stuff....need to get 11 tree stands done...won't have time to do em this week after work....but I will check Craigslist for blow molds LOL

Comment

my mom is coming over here in a little bit to work on making Christmas ornaments, which ought to be interesting as I have lost the use of my left arm for a few days. (Not a big deal - something that happens with various limbs all the time). But we have chosen this project to start working on together because we dont see each other often. We have never done this before - so this ought to get REAL interesting
                      I have a blog now Efelants & Woozles

Comment

nice

I like the idea of this thread. I'm starting to feel the excited about Christmas for the first time in a long time.

Comment

My husband asked me a question today I thought I would never hear come out of his mouth. "How soon do you think you can get your Christmas stuff down from the attic"? Of course it had nothing to do with him wanting me to decorate and more to do with the fact that my stuff is in his way of installing some wiring for a project to install more outlets outside for my displays. But still, it made me happy to hear that I have the official go ahead to pull it all out. I am so excited.

Nice thread Halfawake.

Comment

yeah, I like this thread too!
                            talked to my friend in California who has a almost 6 year old little girl and got some ideas for gifts for her, I am getting excited!
                            my daughter has always gotten a real tree, would go with us when we went to the tree farm, asked her if she is getting one this year, but no way to go get one, no car, etc. . I might try to ship her a small artificial one, not a nice as a real, but she should have a tree of some sort!
                            my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

A neighbor down the the street stopped and said very nice job on the display can't wait to see. AWESOME ....OK lots to do.....
                              Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1314 users online. 8 members and 1306 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X