CB's first blow mold Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB's first blow mold Restoration

This is my Greatgrandfathers original santa (the first ever in our collection) Here is the before: (sorry for the bad camera quality, my camera is dead, so i needed to use my phone camera)

After 3 days of work I finnished him! Im very happy how it turned out!

hopefully my Papa would like what I did with his santa as it will be placed in a prominent place in our display. I used Apple Barrel GLOSS paint (made for plastic) I am not very good with taping and spray painting, so I opted for brushing instead. There will be no light inside but I will have a spotlight on him.
    Wondering what the CB stands for? check this out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGihE02s18 All pictures taken by me, all within half a mile or less of my house! Enjoy!

CB, You did a most excellent job. I am sure your Papa would be proud and pleased with how nicely it turned out. I will look forward to seeing it in your display.

Comment

Wow! Great work, CB!
      It looks absolutely brand new! That's cool you have a blow mold with some family history in it.

Comment

I agree, that looks really nice!
        People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

thanks!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGihE02s18 All pictures taken by me, all within half a mile or less of my house! Enjoy!

Comment

CB great work on the restoration your Santa came out awesome! Your Papa would be so happy for what you have done!
            Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

great restoration he looks fresh off the shelf!

Comment

great job, CB!! I am sure your papa would be happy you are suing it.
                I also have that one, it was my dads, he needs to be redone too, I will have to check out the apple paints!
                my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

Originally posted by bethene View Post
                  great job, CB!! I am sure your papa would be happy you are suing it.
                  I also have that one, it was my dads, he needs to be redone too, I will have to check out the apple paints!
                  Bethene, the paints are only 1.99$ CAN ( they are probably $1 US) The ony thing is that he will probably need a coat of spray sealer to make sure he won't scratch. Would love to see your version of him!

Comment

Keep in mind B that this is not painted to light from inside. It looks great with a spotlight! (If it was lit from inside you'd see brush strokes.)
                    People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickie Ickie View Post
                      Keep in mind B that this is not painted to light from inside. It looks great with a spotlight! (If it was lit from inside you'd see brush strokes.)
                      Thats very true. I put a light in him and he looked more like a halloween prop than a Christmas one...

Comment

What can you put over spray painted plastic to keep it from scratching?

Comment

Originally posted by Just Whisper View Post
                          What can you put over spray painted plastic to keep it from scratching?
                          Im thinking your best bet is marine varnish. thats what im going to try...

Comment

Originally posted by CB_Christmas View Post
                            Im thinking your best bet is marine varnish. thats what im going to try...
                            Any way to test that to be sure it doesn't turn a pale yellow?

The restoration looks great, I'd be afraid to chance it.

Joe

Comment

what could be used to keep using the light? spray paint?
                              my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2079 users online. 6 members and 2073 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                              X