Krampus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krampus

We're actually doing this for our Halloween party (Silent Night Deadly Night) but I thought id share over here too in case anyone is planning a Krampus themed party or decor.

So playing off of Krampus's snow globe collection at the end of the movie we decided to make a few for our space too. I really think it will b a nice little touch and great for fill

This was actually a really fun project, we used paper models of iconic houses found here www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com (they're free) and reduced them to the size we needed. Assembly was fairly easy but some modifications and camouflage were needed considering the size (snow hides everything
    )... As for the globes themselves I decided the "faux gumball machines" made with clay pots and glass vases would b my best bet (considering the size of the houses)...so with glue and spray paint in hand we were on our way. They dont photograph as well as I'd hoped but I'm super happy with how they're turning out

*Btw, I did add an LED tea light into the amityville one so the windows were illuminated....I tried to do Mothers room in the Bates house but it was simply too small
    Last edited by Pumpkinpie; 07-30-2018, 01:18 PM.

pumpkinpie
    The Great Pumpkin Join Date Jul 2011 Location Springfield,Mo Posts 2,710 Post Thanks / Like

Moving onto the next project...and please bare with me as most of my larger items will come later in the year as I just don't have storage room....so onto more filler items

Who could forget Perchta...the evil little cherub...And I really owe Offmymeds a HUGE thank you as she generously offered up her Baby Alive doll...and she could not have been more perfect!!!

Up first, we had to give this pretty girl a little makeup...just a touch, to accent her eyes , a few teeth (plastic forks) and some new threads. Along with her cheese cloth dress we added some childrens wings that were aged with paint and alcohol (Thank u MC Haunt Dreams for that tip, love love love it ) I did simplify a few details like her talons but I think it'll b okay.

And then it was just a matter of arranging her to look like she was shot with the shotgun and landed in the wreath (again nod to movie).* My only complaint is between the wreath size and the dolls stiffness I couldn't contort her like I wanted...but I'm hoping her eye expression, (i still want to add a gunshot wound) and her ruffled and scattered feathers help to tell her story.

***When it's time to hang her we plan on hanging the distressed plaster wall poster boards panels behind the wreath....to further illustrate the impact from the blast.
    Click image for larger version.*  Name:	FB_IMG_1532896939602.jpg* Views:	0* Size:	48.9 KB* ID:	553999

Comment

Comment

The Great Pumpkin Join Date Jul 2011 Location Springfield,Mo Posts 2,710 Post Thanks / Like

And how can we have a Krampus party without gingerbread men These little guys were simply paper mache clay with puffy paint icing. The plan is to have several staged throughout the kitchen, I added magnets so the one with the knife* can rest on the fridge and one will hopefully b held up by fishing line with a candy cane ready to attack (just like on the movie

***I still have a few accessories to make for them but for the most part they're done
        Click image for larger version.*  Name:	112ce6c179f2ee689418a5292b36c538.jpg* Views:	0* Size:	44.6 KB* ID:	554005

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkinpie View Post

And how can we have a Krampus party without gingerbread men These little guys were simply paper mache clay with puffy paint icing. The plan is to have several staged throughout the kitchen, I added magnets so the one with the knife* can rest on the fridge and one will hopefully b held up by fishing line with a candy cane ready to attack (just like on the movie

***I still have a few accessories to make for them but for the most part they're done
          Click image for larger version.* Name:	112ce6c179f2ee689418a5292b36c538.jpg* Views:	0* Size:	44.6 KB* ID:	554005
          truely AWESOME!!!!! last year was the first year that we went all out on Halloween (mostly we focus on christmas) but last year....OH BOY!!!! I bought lifesized zombie props (8 total) and had a ZOMBIE INFESTATION all over my yard!!! If I can get my computer to cooperate Ill post pics.....

Comment

Love!!! Yes please do I can't wait to see

Comment

I never even heard of a krampus until I saw this thread. :-/
              Nutcracker fetishist.
              Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

Me either...till the movie came out (2015) lol. Since then I've been kinda obsessed lol. It's a really fun movie, kind of a christmas horror movie

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1524 users online. 2 members and 1522 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                X