Started decorating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy anderson View Post
    She goes all out decorating the inside of her house, but very little on the outside. They live a ways off the road so she has no interest in decorating the yard. She does decorate the porch.

Ah, I see. I understand that.

Comment

What kind of rules do HOA impose?
      Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

I posted pictures on Facebook. Here is the link. Hopefully you can see the pictures. I am not too experienced with FB. https://www.facebook.com/andy.anders...14227340773992

Comment

My front field is looking dark and empty. Turned off the electric on Tuesday. Wound up a bunch of extension cords while it was warm. Today two of my neighbors and I started putting everything away. Got it about half completed. All the easy things. Tomorrow we start on some of the larger things. Enjoying this warm weather for tear down. Some of the spot lights are frozen in the ground as well as the stakes. Although I usually leave the stakes until everything is out of the field.

Comment

I initially had planned on taking everything down last weekend. (after Epiphany) I started but then didn't get to finish it. Guess I'll do a little more this weekend. It's not that I have much up. It's more of finding "free time" that's the problem. Plus I also have to take the decorations down at work.

Of course I'm not the only house that still has lights on. Plenty of other houses are still aglow, which is nice.
            Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

My two neighbors came over this afternoon and we completed getting everything out of the front field. The field is bare. But having said that I am sure I will find odds and ends around that I have forgotten about. It was a beautiful afternoon in the 50s. Unfortunately I still have stuff in my basement that has to be put up in storage containers and on shelves yet. It will all get done before I start putting stuff out again next fall.

Comment

Your field must look so empty now.

I'm happy to report that 3 of my neighbors still have their Christmas lights up. I am NOT complaining.
                They don't have big displays or anything like that. Just some nice lights. But it sure is nice to look at.

Comment

It is sad looking out at the empty dark field. Now to start planning for next year. My daughter already has several ideas that she wants us to start working on while the weather is cold and can't get out to do outside work. It was a beautiful day here in Virginia today. It was up in the 60s.

Comment

Beautiful property you have there Andy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bedford Falls Postmaster View Post
                      Beautiful property you have there Andy!
                      Thank you. Gives me lots of room for the display. I enjoy living in the country even though I don't have a lot of the benefits of being in the city. Things such as good internet connection and cell phone service.

Comment

I live on an 8500 square foot suburban lot but volunteer at a boarding stable - winter sunrise and sunset from the barn are amazing!

Comment

Nothing like a country view any time of the year.

Comment

Amen to that!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1255 users online. 2 members and 1253 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,474 at 09:13 PM on 11-26-2017.

Working...
                            X