Catching the Christmas bug right after Halloween

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching the Christmas bug right after Halloween

I have a good question. Why is it that some years, everyone catches the Christmas big right after Halloween? Is the weather a factor? The countryís turmoil? What is it? Itís early November, and friends on Facebook are in Christmas mode, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra was on TV tonight. What are your thoughts? Thanks

I was just at Hobby Lobby thinking that Thanksgiving seems to get short shrift. We seem to go from Halloween to Christmas.

I suppose there's more money to be made at Christmas?
    Nutcracker fetishist.
    Visit my nutcracker blog

Comment

It is all about sales and consumer demand. If we as consumers would not buy Christmas items until December there would be something else on the shelves that would sell. In reality though after the Halloween things are gone there really is much decorating for Thanksgiving so it is right into Christmas.

Comment

I'll admit it. I've got the bug this year. I'm in the Hurricane Harvey zone and have to replace all of my Christmas stuff and I'm ready! Also because of Harvey we didn't have nearly the Halloween stuff we had in the years past, so post-Halloween shopping isn't quite happening. I swear if I had my tree already, I'd probably be putting it up soon.

Comment

I love Halloween and Christmas and to be honest I am thinking about both most of the year. I am always on the look out for things I can use to decorate for both seasons. I also like to decorate for Fall with lots of colored leaves, pinecones, corn stocks etc and I start doing that before Halloween and leave the decorations up until after Halloween and then I start planning what I am going to do for Christmas. I decorated my office this year with Fall leaves etc. One of the maintenance guys came to our office with some plastic Fall leaves and some other stuff so we decorated.
          https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

I am the same way, halloween and Christmas are on my brain all year round
            my pinterest page: pinterest.com/betheneg

Comment

Christmas here hasn't been much of a big deal in the past. Last year I had to force myself to put the tree up a few days before Christmas and I kept it up for most of January. I always seem to forget how relaxing it is to turn out the lights and enjoy the glow of the tree. This year I'm actually looking forward to it! I think it's partly because of my daughter but also because we have lost so many friends and family members over the past few years and I just want to make a memorable occasion. Also I bought a tree at Salvation Army yesterday. It's black and I plan to use it as an additional Halloween tree since my other one is way to small. It will be decorated with mainly black and white for the holidays while my Christmas Tree will be more traditional. The big tree won't come out until around the first of December as it's huge and I have a lot of stuff to move out of the living room before it can come in the house. Oh and I'm tossing around the idea of making a paper mache snowman!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyborden View Post
                Christmas here hasn't been much of a big deal in the past. Last year I had to force myself to put the tree up a few days before Christmas and I kept it up for most of January. I always seem to forget how relaxing it is to turn out the lights and enjoy the glow of the tree. This year I'm actually looking forward to it! I think it's partly because of my daughter but also because we have lost so many friends and family members over the past few years and I just want to make a memorable occasion. Also I bought a tree at Salvation Army yesterday. It's black and I plan to use it as an additional Halloween tree since my other one is way to small. It will be decorated with mainly black and white for the holidays while my Christmas Tree will be more traditional. The big tree won't come out until around the first of December as it's huge and I have a lot of stuff to move out of the living room before it can come in the house. Oh and I'm tossing around the idea of making a paper mache snowman!
                I love the feeling I get when I sit in the living room with only the lights of the Christmas tree and the fireplace lit. It is so relaxing and calming. I usually wait until Dec 1st to put up my tree but I may try to get at it earlier this year since I will be away the last week of November and the second week of Dec. My sister has a red, white, silver, metal and a black tree that she puts up every year. She loves her full sized black tree too and decorates in blacks, silvers and whites. It looks very nice when it is done. If you do make a paper mache snowman I hope you share pictures.

Marie
                https://www.pinterest.com/weewee50/

Comment

I donít host thanksgiving anymore so I start decorating for Christmas right after Halloween. It seems to take longer and longer to get everything up so I like to get a early start. We donít turn on our outside lights till the day after thanksgiving though. But I do love having the house decorated early

Comment

I know what you mean about it taking longer and longer.

But I did turn my outside lights on today!!
                    Of course I haven't even started decorating the inside yet. I was going to this weekend but then life got in the way.
                    Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Latvian)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2172 users online. 10 members and 2162 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                    X